ADVERTISEMENT

CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers

brdst11

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
Believe it or not, CONMEBOL qualifiers begin this week. The TV situation in the US for these games has not been great, with the games in the last qualifying cycle being only available on PPV.

This year, 7 of the 10 teams again reached agreements to have their home games on PPV (at $30 bucks a game), with Bolivia, Argentina, and Brazil not having reached an agreement. A few hours ago, it was announced that there was an agreement reached to have Argentina and Brazil home games air on Telemundo/Universo, with the games streamed on ViX, which is affiliated with Univision.

So if you want to watch Argentina and Messi take on Ecuador, you can do so tonight, either on TV or streaming.

Bolivia home games are not scheduled to be available in the US, including their Tuesday game against Argentina.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Believe it or not, CONMEBOL qualifiers begin this week. The TV situation in the US for these games has not been great, with the games in the last qualifying cycle being only available on PPV.

This year, 7 of the 10 teams again reached agreements to have their home games on PPV (at $30 bucks a game), with Bolivia, Argentina, and Brazil not having reached an agreement. A few hours ago, it was announced that there was an agreement reached to have Argentina and Brazil home games air on Telemundo/Universo, with the games streamed on ViX, which is affiliated with Univision.

So if you want to watch Argentina and Messi take on Ecuador, you can do so tonight, either on TV or streaming.

Bolivia home games are not scheduled to be available in the US, including their Tuesday game against Argentina.

Not sure why they are starting this early. Matchdays 5 and 6 are in November and then the next matchday is September 2024. They are skipping March and June 2024. And they are finishing in September 2025 instead of October 2025. I would imagine the inter-confederation playoff would be in November 2025.

Good info for Argentina TV. I also noticed that some Euro 2024 Qualifiers are on Amazon Prime. Everything is so spread out now and there's so much content, which, again, is why I dont understand why Fox felt the need to buy the Saudi contract

Not sure why they are starting this early. Matchdays 5 and 6 are in November and then the next matchday is September 2024. They are skipping March and June 2024. And they are finishing in September 2025 instead of October 2025. I would imagine the inter-confederation playoff would be in November 2025.

Good info for Argentina TV. I also noticed that some Euro 2024 Qualifiers are on Amazon Prime. Everything is so spread out now and there's so much content, which, again, is why I dont understand why Fox felt the need to buy the Saudi contract
That Saudi thing…they have bought so many big name players, yet I have no interest whatsoever. I thought MLS was unrelatable…multiply that by 100. They could sign every one of our MNT players, put them on one team, and I still wouldn’t watch one minute of it.

That Saudi thing…they have bought so many big name players, yet I have no interest whatsoever. I thought MLS was unrelatable…multiply that by 100. They could sign every one of our MNT players, put them on one team, and I still wouldn’t watch one minute of it.

If Saudi Arabia legitimately bought the top 200 players in the world, I still wouldn't watch a second of it. And its not even my anti-Saudi bias. I dont know who any of the teams are. And I dont like that every team starts with "Al." I know its an Arabic thing but it annoys the crap out of me. If they were called the Riyadh Raiders or Mecca Menaces or even Riyadh FC, I would actually be more inclined to watch. I mean I still wouldn’t but that makes it more relatable to me. But every team starting with Al plus an Arabic word that I dont understand makes it a no-go for me. I'm still pissed FS1 is showing these games. Fox Sports stays away from politics but the conspiracy theorist in me (joking as I am not one) makes me wonder if big brother Fox made them show these games since the right likes Saudi Arabia and its authortarian rule.

Evidently March and June 24 are for European friendlies ahead of the Copa/Euros

makes me wonder if big brother Fox made them show these games since the right likes Saudi Arabia and its authortarian rule.
You’re either joking and trying to be funny, which I can respect…

Or you’re joy Reid and knowingly lying and trying to fan flames, which makes you a POS…

Or you’re a viewer of Joy Reid, which makes you a dumbass.

You’re either joking and trying to be funny, which I can respect…

Or you’re joy Reid and knowingly lying and trying to fan flames, which makes you a POS…

Or you’re a viewer of Joy Reid, which makes you a dumbass.

There is probably 1% of me that believes there is a Fox/Saudi conspiracy to get their games on TV. I realize its a longshot. But the right does like Saudi Arabia's authoritarian rule. Not the entire right, not you. The Trump/DeSantis/Vivek fans.

As for Joy Reid, I cant stand her. Haven't watched her in years. Way too far left. I think they relegated her to the weekends. I did like Rachel Maddow because although she is far left, she is ridiculously smart and able to put thoughts together in such a clever way, its entertaining. Same reason I watch Ben Shapiro once in awhile. The 2 are very similar in their presentation.

There is probably 1% of me that believes there is a Fox/Saudi conspiracy to get their games on TV. I realize its a longshot. But the right does like Saudi Arabia's authoritarian rule. Not the entire right, not you. The Trump/DeSantis/Vivek fans.

As for Joy Reid, I cant stand her. Haven't watched her in years. Way too far left. I think they relegated her to the weekends. I did like Rachel Maddow because although she is far left, she is ridiculously smart and able to put thoughts together in such a clever way, it’s entertaining. Same reason I watch Ben Shapiro once in awhile. The 2 are very similar in their presentation.
Ok so you believe all that. Which makes you gullible. Thanks.

Do you truly not believe that there is a faction of Trump/DeSantis/Vivek supporters who are pro-authoritarianism if its the ruler is someone they like?
Do you not understand that people say the same thing about the politicians you support, and they could list 1000 more reasons why you and your ilk are the ones 1)accepting it and 2)supporting the move of our country in that direction? You are blinded by Rachel, who is an extremist and divisive person, who is also lying to and manipulating you.

Do you not understand that people say the same thing about the politicians you support, and they could list 1000 more reasons why you and your ilk are the ones 1)accepting it and 2)supporting the move of our country in that direction? You are blinded by Rachel, who is an extremist and divisive person, who is also lying to and manipulating you.

I dont really support any politicians. I vote for some since they are the lesser of 2 evils. Are there far-left people who would like the US to be a communist country? Sure. But very very few. I believe there is a small but sizeable faction who would favor the US installing an authoritarian/strong-man government lead by Trump or some figure like that. I'd say 20% of Republicans.

I dont really support any politicians. I vote for some since they are the lesser of 2 evils. Are there far-left people who would like the US to be a communist country? Sure. But very very few. I believe there is a small but sizeable faction who would favor the US installing an authoritarian/strong-man government lead by Trump or some figure like that. I'd say 20% of Republicans.
Simpleton.

Messi scores on a free kick to put Argentina up 1 0.

I wonder sometimes if goalies wouldn't be better off standing in the middle of the goal with no wall.

Off subject, how bout Turkey vs Armenia today. Surprised UEFA doesnt purposely avoid that matchup like Russia/Ukraine and Armenia/Azerbaijan

I wonder sometimes if goalies wouldn't be better off standing in the middle of the goal with no wall.

Off subject, how bout Turkey vs Armenia today. Surprised UEFA doesnt purposely avoid that matchup like Russia/Ukraine and Armenia/Azerbaijan
When Messi puts the ball at his feet and then moves it to create more of an angle for himself every time the ref turns to the wall…do you consider it cheating? I don’t.

But I wonder if the question were asked a generation or two ago how different people may feel. What is considered immoral or unethical erodes with every generation.

What he does is like a golfer moving his ball to get around a tree and create the angle needed to hit the green. Different games of course, but it’s the same thing. Phil Mickelson would have 8 more majors if he could do that and would be consider maybe the best ever (considering his career of errand tee shots and his exemplary ability to craft shots when approaching the green).

When Messi puts the ball at his feet and then moves it to create more of an angle for himself every time the ref turns to the wall…do you consider it cheating? I don’t.

But I wonder if the question were asked a generation or two ago how different people may feel. What is considered immoral or unethical erodes with every generation.

What he does is like a golfer moving his ball to get around a tree and create the angle needed to hit the green. Different games of course, but it’s the same thing. Phil Mickelson would have 8 more majors if he could do that and would be consider maybe the best ever (considering his career of errand tee shots and his exemplary ability to craft shots when approaching the green).

That's like asking if flopping in college basketball is cheating. Its excessive and I hate it but if they can get away with it, do it.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT