ADVERTISEMENT

Corhen Commits to PITT

He has the chance to be a very good fit for Pitt. Let's hope he shows portions of his game that he claims he wasn't able/permitted to show at FSU.

What everyone else said. Nice pickup at a need position.

Now we need a shooter, preferably on the bigger side.

Reactions: Chescat
Not unexpected, but certainly good news.

Here's a question: Would you in rather have 2024 Dunn and 2024 Corhen at the 2/5 or 2023 Bub and 2023 Fede?

Because you figure the 4 is going to almost certainly be a downgrade. So I guess we're really hoping for Lowe, Austin, and the bench to get a lot better, in addition to avoiding an abysmal beginning to the season.

If he plays 30 or a little more minutes per game, I think its realistic he could be a 13 points per game and 6 rebounds per game type player. I think its also realistic he could get time at both the 4 and 5.

This is a pretty nice add.

Here's a question: Would you in rather have 2024 Dunn and 2024 Corhen at the 2/5 or 2023 Bub and 2023 Fede?

Because you figure the 4 is going to almost certainly be a downgrade. So I guess we're really hoping for Lowe, Austin, and the bench to get a lot better, in addition to avoiding an abysmal beginning to the season.
Bub and Fede. They still need to add a 4 and need to fill the last 2 spots assuming Dunn commits with a 4 and a shooter

If he plays 30 or a little more minutes per game, I think its realistic he could be a 13 points per game and 6 rebounds per game type player. I think its also realistic he could get time at both the 4 and 5.

This is a pretty nice add.
He needs consistency. He had 8 boards verse Pitt, 10 vs Florida, 7 vs Clemson and 9 verse duke. So certainly has shown flashes that he can do it against decent teams. He can also make more FT than Fede, which was a big problem last year on front ends.

I like where are. Capel has shown over the last few years
that he can work the portal in favor of Pitt. His portal
additions have been major upgrades to the program.
Corhen is a huge upgrade over Frederico. He has an
inside game on the blocks that we did not have. He can
make FT's, and he will rebound on this team. Capel
isn't done, and I expect a few more additions that will
help. Capel deserves credit at this point.

I like where are. Capel has shown over the last few years
that he can work the portal in favor of Pitt. His portal
additions have been major upgrades to the program.
Corhen is a huge upgrade over Frederico. He has an
inside game on the blocks that we did not have. He can
make FT's, and he will rebound on this team. Capel
isn't done, and I expect a few more additions that will
help. Capel deserves credit at this point.
Still more work to be done with 3 spots open!

Still more work to be done with 3 spots open!
Of course. Now, let's see if Capel can successfully continue.
Replacing Bub, and Hinson will be a hell of a lot harder than
replacing Frederico. They both were so good, that an
upgrade will be almost impossible. However what we already
have in place team wise is pretty good. Just as long as we get
players that can make an impact, we will continue upwards.

Of course. Now, let's see if Capel can successfully continue.
Replacing Bub, and Hinson will be a hell of a lot harder than
replacing Frederico. They both were so good, that an
upgrade will be almost impossible. However what we already
have in place team wise is pretty good. Just as long as we get
players that can make an impact, we will continue upwards.
You can't replace Hinson and Carrington but they need to add to improve the team. Team still needs work even after Dunn commits. Corhen was a great start!

I know that starting is just a formality anyway, but there's something about the idea of Austin in the starting lineup that I just don't like.

I'd rather see Lowe-Dunn-Leggett-Portal-Corhen with Austin, GDG, Kante, Cummings, and Jorge off the bench. Go ten deep, maybe 11 with some minutes for Barnes. Redshirt Ndiaye, and then I don't know what you do with the last scholarship.

I still question if that lineup is as good as last season's though. Maybe the deeper bench allows them to go with the hot hands a little more. Assuming we don't have some big hit at the 4, I'm not sure if that's a tournament team. It certainly could be, as could be the case with many teams. I reiterate that we need Lowe to become a star, or something close to it.

A wing who can shoot the 3 is our biggest need at this point, IMO. I’m not as down on the idea of GDG at the #4 as some others. He would give us a big size advantage there and he has shown he can shoot from 3. I doubt anyone we bring in through the portal to play that spot will be a better 3-point shooter than him.

Reactions: Haydman
A wing who can shoot the 3 is our biggest need at this point, IMO. I’m not as down on the idea of GDG at the #4 as some others. He would give us a big size advantage there and he has shown he can shoot from 3. I doubt anyone we bring in through the portal play that spot will be a better 3-point shooter than him.

Can you imagine him guarding someone like Hinson, though? I envision him just laying on the ground with all his limbs folded over in ways they're not supposed to bend, like a cartoon character.

GDG was near 40 percent and Austin crept up to like 34 percent in conference from 3. Neither awful. I think Austin can get better with continuity in the system and better 5’s. His highlight real was a lot of plays where Fede missed defender on D not allowing him to get out on transition offense. If he has an athletic 5 that can defend and pass and receive passes from on offense, it makes Pitt a dangerous team. They don’t need Hinson as much if all 5 starters contribute. Last year only 3 did at some points. I’m not expecting 15 ppg, but improving from like 6.7 to 8-10 should be the floor.

I know that starting is just a formality anyway, but there's something about the idea of Austin in the starting lineup that I just don't like.

I'd rather see Lowe-Dunn-Leggett-Portal-Corhen with Austin, GDG, Kante, Cummings, and Jorge off the bench. Go ten deep, maybe 11 with some minutes for Barnes. Redshirt Ndiaye, and then I don't know what you do with the last scholarship.

I still question if that lineup is as good as last season's though. Maybe the deeper bench allows them to go with the hot hands a little more. Assuming we don't have some big hit at the 4, I'm not sure if that's a tournament team. It certainly could be, as could be the case with many teams. I reiterate that we need Lowe to become a star, or something close to it.

A wing who can shoot the 3 is our biggest need at this point, IMO. I’m not as down on the idea of GDG at the #4 as some others. He would give us a big size advantage there and he has shown he can shoot from 3. I doubt anyone we bring in through the portal to play that spot will be a better 3-point shooter than him.
That is not even close to the biggest need. If we land Dunn, biggest need is a 4 and after that a shooter if you fill all 4 slots. Austin, Barnes, and JDG can play the 3 as well as Thiero if you land him. 4 is a way bigger need.

GDG should not start

We’ll find out if it happens. But let’s say Dunn is similar to Burton and Corhen is similar to Zanna in regards to production. Then it’s a no brainer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT