ADVERTISEMENT

Covid year

Section 509

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2022
Guessing who stays and goes. Stays-green,Bentley,morgan,danielson,simon,woods,Davis,slovis. Goes-kancey,izzy, on the fence -wayne,dennis,williams,haba. After last night's performance by Wayne he's either going pro or transfer to a good nil deal for himself,I'm hoping he stays but I have my doubts

Just some random thoughts:

1. Kancey has two more years if he wants them. I predict he will go pro, but he should seriously look into milking NIL for every penny he can. He's a man without a traditional position at the next level, and he might be able to make $2-3M these next two years in college. Hopefully that would come from Pitt.

2. Wayne, Williams, Dennis: I kind of put these guys in the same category. They may or may not get drafted, but will their stock ever be higher? Would love to see all back, but I'm not counting on it. I think at least Dennis will be, though.

3. Baldonado can do better. He should come back, dominate, and be a 2nd round pick. I think another season would serve him well.

4. Green, Bentley, Danielson: Man, hopefully at least two of them come back. Pretty sure They all walked, right? This will go a long way into expectations for next season

5. Zubovic and Kradel: Same as #4.

6. Hallett: Played lights out the first half of the season. Not so much the second half. He might also fit into that #2 category, but I would love to have him back.

7. Simon, Means: I expect them back. Bub might transfer due to lack of touches, though. We should have gotten him the ball more.

8. C'Bo: Heard there was a time when his effort was in question and he was definitely moving on. Well, he's looked fantastic as of late. Kind of guy who probably needs a little blocking to work with (i.e. needs the edge or a hole; he's not going to break stuff behind the LOS), but man is he good in space. Hope he's back.

9. Morgan: Would love to have him back. Have a weird feeling he might transfer. Don't know why.

10. Patti: I'm rooting for him to transfer. Don't want to see him hang it up altogether. Go play a year in the FCS.

11. Has Woods played four seasons? I think OP is right and he didn't redshirt. He should just come back.

12. Slovis will probably be back. That may or may not be a good thing. Maybe, instead of getting an experienced portal QBnto be the starter, you now get a younger guy (a la Yellen) who can at least compete to a point where he can be the guys if things hit the fan next season with Slovis.

I think we have 20 guys eligible for the covid year as their final one, and I've only named 17 (Kancey isn't on the list). Tallandier is one - guessing he'll hang it up or transfer. And then maybe some combo of Maloney, Scarton, Karter Johnson, Jacoby, the TE from GT, or whomever else. Of those, I assume Jacoby and Johnson will be the only ones back

And then I think we'll see some other guys leaving, either for the portal or the pros, that we don't want to see. Izzy is gone. Bartholomew... I mean, why would he return to this? And I wouldn't be shocked if a guy like Hill leaves just because he's flirted with it before.

And you never know what kind of offer-they-couldn't-refuse might await guys like Dennis, etc.

Reactions: Pitt5593
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT