7) Alexandre
8) Baldonado
9) Morgan
10) Dennis
11) Hilll
12) Hallett
13) Kancey
14) Wiltz

Just an another perspective on what we already know, but we got freaking decimated with losses this past off-season. Not one of these guys would not be a starter right now, and you might be able to add Drexel.

Just keeping things in perspective: It's going to take a few years to build this thing back up. I wouldn't expect to be back, by Pitt standards of course, next year either when you look at how the roster shakes out.

1) Slovis
2) Warren
3) Minor
4) Houy
5) Wayne
6) Izzy
7) Alexandre
8) Baldonado
9) Morgan
10) Dennis
11) Hilll
12) Hallett
13) Kancey
14) Wiltz

Just an another perspective on what we already know, but we got freaking decimated with losses this past off-season. Not one of these guys would not be a starter right now, and you might be able to add Drexel.

Just keeping things in perspective: It's going to take a few years to build this thing back up. I wouldn't expect to be back, by Pitt standards of course, next year either when you look at how the roster shakes out.
I would think is the case at every school though. The guy that left had more experience than the new guy so they would play over them.

Pitt returned 7 interior linemen on both sides of the ball in their 5th or 6th year( almost unheard of)and one in his 4 th year, 2 of their 3 top RBs, 2 of their 3 top WRs, 2 of their 3 top LBs and all 3 top CBS…..that’s a lot of experience. If anything, Pitt had few difference-makers last year and the returning players have just been average in the first 2 games….and the QB, of course, the most important position on the team, has been below acceptable…

Bottom line though is that this was no rebuild this year…far from it. You want to know what a rebuild is …..think about next year’s roster!

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Pitt returned 7 interior linemen on both sides of the ball in their 5th or 6th year( almost unheard of)and one in his 4 th year, 2 of their 3 top RBs, 2 of their 3 top WRs, 2 of their 3 top LBs and all 3 top CBS…..that’s a lot of experience. If anything, Pitt had few difference-makers last year and the returning players have just been average in the first 2 games….and the QB, of course, the most important position on the team, has been below acceptable…

Bottom line though is that this was no rebuild this year…far from it. You want to know what a rebuild is …..think about next year’s roster!
Are you living on Troll Island?

1) Slovis
2) Warren
3) Minor
4) Houy
5) Wayne
6) Izzy
7) Alexandre
8) Baldonado
9) Morgan
10) Dennis
11) Hilll
12) Hallett
13) Kancey
14) Wiltz

Going with guys who might still be here, man would really like to have Morgan, Hill and Wayne.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I would think is the case at every school though. The guy that left had more experience than the new guy so they would play over them.

Sometimes, for sure. But not always. Eventually the more talented guy wins out regardless of being the younger of the two. Either way, this is still a huge number. I don't think losing this many is common.

1) Slovis
2) Warren
3) Minor
4) Houy
5) Wayne
6) Izzy
7) Alexandre
8) Baldonado
9) Morgan
10) Dennis
11) Hilll
12) Hallett
13) Kancey
14) Wiltz

There is free agency. Cincy lost their whole team. Not an excuse.

We have a bunch of Shane Roys out there. We're seeing the other side of the stability token: A bunch of guys who aren't all that great stuck around, and they now comprise the bulk of our two-deep.

And now we're in for multiple rebuilding years because of it. It's nobody's fault; the Covid year created a weird dynamic. The good culture we had meant guys were staying and recruiting classes were smaller. Helped us out the last two years and caught up to us this year. We're seeing the other shoe drop after 20 wins in two seasons. Is what it is.

Reactions: Islanderpanther
cinci lost like their top 6 receivers or something

Attrition is not a valid excuse

One mediocre team beat another mediocre team that had a chance to take the lead at the end. I'm not drawing any grandiose conclusions about attrition not mattering from that. Of course it matters.

A school like Pitt has peaks when it has a large number of talented upperclassmen. We were peaking in 2015. In 2016, that group reached it's peak: Beat two top 5 teams; could have easily finished 10-2; etc. Then.... reset button.

I would argue that we weren't all that talented again until 2020 (that team big time underachieved). Could have been 2019 if not for the offense lagging so far behind the defense.

But this is just how it goes.

I didn't include UCF and the two Oklahoma schools, but yeah - not exactly a gauntlet. Big 12 is a rotten egg this year.

Which is why SMU calls the ACC part of the "Power 3" now. The Big 12 could very well start sucking soon. Those are nothing programs who have been good for no real reason.

1) Slovis
2) Warren
3) Minor
4) Houy
5) Wayne
6) Izzy
7) Alexandre
8) Baldonado
9) Morgan
10) Dennis
11) Hilll
12) Hallett
13) Kancey
14) Wiltz

Oh no, not Slovis !! Me thinks you should have listed Patti as the more impactful loss at QB...

Um, okay. Slovis is a better quarterback than Jurkovec, which is the point I'm making. I didn't say either is Joe Montana.
I'm not buying that just yet. Not saying you're wrong, but I want to see how things play out more this year. Slovis throws a "prettier" ball that Jurkovec - No doubt about it. I don't necessarily buy that he's a better QB. There is no way Slovis comes out of a game like Saturday night when the QB is under that much duress with a stat line like 3 TDs and 0 INTs. I just don't see it. And several plays Jurk made to with his legs, for either positive yards or to avoid a loss, Slovis just doesn't have the ability to make.

I'm not buying that just yet. Not saying you're wrong, but I want to see how things play out more this year. Slovis throws a "prettier" ball that Jurkovec - No doubt about it. I don't necessarily buy that he's a better QB. There is no way Slovis comes out of a game like Saturday night when the QB is under that much duress with a stat line like 3 TDs and 0 INTs. I just don't see it. And several plays Jurk made to with his legs, for either positive yards or to avoid a loss, Slovis just doesn't have the ability to make.
Yeah Slovis had Izzy, Wayne, and a far better line too. Jurk was horrendous but too early to tell.

Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT