ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse is well positioned

Cuse has a bye and if they win they play Virginia which might be the weakest of the top 4 teams.
No- Cuse would play Duke if they win their opening game vs NCSU / Lville.

Clemson - assuming they advance- would play UVA.

I’m not sure what’s better for Pitt: NC State winning big against Louisville and also beating Syracuse, or NC State winning big against Louisville and Syracuse beating NC State. Does Pitt want its wins to get better, or its losses to get less bad?

it would probably help more to get that extra quad 1 and 2 win. So they would have 3 Q1 and 5 q2. If Syracuse does blow out NCST and it takes away a q3 loss, that is also very good.

it would probably help more to get that extra quad 1 and 2 win. So they would have 3 Q1 and 5 q2. If Syracuse does blow out NCST and it takes away a q3 loss, that is also very good.
I agree. The worst case scenario is that they play a close game and don’t move either way, then the winner (doesn’t matter who) loses in the next round lol

NC State and Wake let Pitt down as much as anything. If we're 4-6 in Q1 right now, our resume looks completely different. I know asking a team to finish in the top 30 in NET is a lot, but Wake would have done just that without the implosion toward the end. Of course, there is probably some solace in that Pitt is vying against Wake for a spot.

NC State and Wake let Pitt down as much as anything. If we're 4-6 in Q1 right now, our resume looks completely different. I know asking a team to finish in the top 30 in NET is a lot, but Wake would have done just that without the implosion toward the end. Of course, there is probably some solace in that Pitt is vying against Wake for a spot.
Best case scenario for us on Thursday is to get outplayed by Wake in every way, but manage to figure out a way to escape with a win.

Best case scenario for us on Thursday is to get outplayed by Wake in every way, but manage to figure out a way to escape with a win.

I don't think they can get back up to 30 if they lose to us, can they? I believe they're at 38 now. I doubt they could get displaced at far as 51, either, which is good.

I'm definitely pulling for a good NC State showing, but getting into the top 75 probably involves beating Duke. Ugh. Maybe a drubbing of Syracuse followed by a close loss could do it if some other things shake out well.

Is anyone else reading this and thinking this is all just total BS? I can't stand the current metrics and all the… if this, then this, and then that, speculative bull crap. It infuriates me to no end when the system can be gamed like this one has been.

I don't think they can get back up to 30 if they lose to us, can they? I believe they're at 38 now. I doubt they could get displaced at far as 51, either, which is good.

I'm definitely pulling for a good NC State showing, but getting into the top 75 probably involves beating Duke. Ugh. Maybe a drubbing of Syracuse followed by a close loss could do it if some other things shake out well.
Depends on whether they beat the brakes off of GT or Notre Dame on Wednesday. They do that and they could be in the low 30’s on Thursday, and then just normal shuffling at that level could result in them sneaking to 30.

Depends on whether they beat the brakes off of GT or Notre Dame on Wednesday. They do that and they could be in the low 30’s on Thursday, and then just normal shuffling at that level could result in them sneaking to 30.

Someone mentioned it being tougher to move up once you get into the top 50 range, and I think that's true. We handled Florida State (albeit at home) by 15 and didn't budge in the NET. They're about 30 spots higher than GT and ND. Any path Wake has to cracking the top 30 again almost certainly involves beating us, unfortunately, and possibly even UNC.

Someone mentioned it being tougher to move up once you get into the top 50 range, and I think that's true. We handled Florida State (albeit at home) by 15 and didn't budge in the NET. They're about 30 spots higher than GT and ND. Any path Wake has to cracking the top 30 again almost certainly involves beating us, unfortunately, and possibly even UNC.
It’s much harder to move up after a home win than a neutral site win. It’s even easier on the road. If they beat one of those teams by, say, 15-20 points, they’ll move up.

It’s much harder to move up after a home win than a neutral site win. It’s even easier on the road. If they beat one of those teams by, say, 15-20 points, they’ll move up.

For context, we went from 49 to 44 after winning at BC by 25. BC also has a NET that's about 30 sports higher than GT and ND.

If Wake wins by even 30, the best they'll probably climb is like 2 spots.

I read this title and wondered what was so great about where they are positioned, other than being located near I-90.

Hopefully they beat Louisville by 30 points. That’s a good starting point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT