ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s go Cuse

Pitt666

Scholarship
Feb 19, 2024
All this double bye crap is meaningless. Having Cuse win big tonight eliminates a Q3 loss. That is very important if they can get to a net of say 70. If Pitt loses to Nd on a neutral site they deserve NIT. Or they could blow them out and boost net. Not all games are meaningless.

Not sure who to root for. Syracuse beat us twice and a late run could get them in over us. Their lack of Q4 blowouts is the only reason their NET is so bad. The committee could look at that and say, "well, their NET is 79 but its only due to lack of blowouts, their resume warrants them being in over Pitt and teams XYZ"

The committee could look at that and say, "well, their NET is 79 but its only due to lack of blowouts, their resume warrants them being in over Pitt and teams XYZ"

I thought all the committee cared about was a team's NET ranking?

Now you're telling me that there might be a fourth thing more important than their NET ranking? Preposterous!

I thought all the committee cared about was a team's NET ranking?

Now you're telling me that there might be a fourth thing more important than their NET ranking? Preposterous!
I think if the committee only cared about NET, they don’t need a committee. Just the computer ?

no way we want SU to win and finish 4th. We need Clemson to win tonight and lose at Wake, UVA and Wake are a combined 29-2 at home and neither will lose to GT.

no way we want SU to win and finish 4th. We need Clemson to win tonight and lose at Wake, UVA and Wake are a combined 29-2 at home and neither will lose to GT.
Pitt is one of the few bubble teams with two Q3 losses. A Cuse win likely moves the home loss to Q2. Pitt would only have 1 Q3 loss. Like the committee doesn’t care about a double bye. Clemson got left out last year with a double bye because of bad losses…The next best thing to a Q1 win is removing bad losses.

Pitt is one of the few bubble teams with two Q3 losses. A Cuse win likely moves the home loss to Q2. Pitt would only have 1 Q3 loss. Like the committee doesn’t care about a double bye. Clemson got left out last year with a double bye because of bad losses…The next best thing to a Q1 win is removing bad losses.
This seems reasonable.

NC State also made it in last year,

Yep. My hopes dashed, but Jax a minute away from upsetting number 1 seed in ASun tourney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT