ADVERTISEMENT

David Green - Central Catholic

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
Looks like he will be the next Panther come Thursday.

I'm a big fan of this kid, but not sure if he projects more as a DE or DT at the next level.

IMO, that leaves a RB, WR, DL, S and CB as positions where I think Pitt will take 1 more. I'm counting Raines and Asamoah in the bag, even though others may not. Class of 20.

Were not taking another WR and if he commits Green will be the last DL taken. We'll take a LB, S, and CB and RB but only if it's Beck.

Reactions: p45
Whatever you say Steel.

I'm a big fan of this kid, but not sure if he projects more as a DE or DT at the next level.

IMO, that leaves a RB, WR, DL, S and CB as positions where I think Pitt will take 1 more. I'm counting Raines and Asamoah in the bag, even though others may not. Class of 20.

Pitt has a lot of injuries to the WR position,and Mathews hasn't reported back to Pitt,if he even does,Pitt could use a big time WR if they could run across one

Reactions: PittDuke
That will be disappointing to some because they don't all have enough stars! Only Raines is a 4-star.
Multiple players can also rise in ratings, so we could end up with multiple 4 stars by the time the rankings are finalized. A kid ranked as a 5.6 or 5.7 getting a bump to 5.8 is very possible. 17 year old kids are still developing.

Multiple players can also rise in ratings, so we could end up with multiple 4 stars by the time the rankings are finalized. A kid ranked as a 5.6 or 5.7 getting a bump to 5.8 is very possible. 17 year old kids are still developing.

Just observing how it will be. If we don't have a top 20 class on LOI day some (many?) fans on this board will whine that Narduzzi is not recruiting well enough.

Personally, all I care about is on the field results. Recruiting rankings are a game and a distraction. Unless we are getting embarrassed on the field or are not competitive in most games; then we are recruiting reasonably well, by definition. We all would love to land nothing but game ready as true freshmen 4-5 star rated recruits. Unfortunately, that cannot and will not happen unless (or until) we have multiple 10 win seasons and look to prospective recruits to be a team that could contend for the National Championship.

Just observing how it will be. If we don't have a top 20 class on LOI day some (many?) fans on this board will whine that Narduzzi is not recruiting well enough.

Personally, all I care about is on the field results. Recruiting rankings are a game and a distraction. Unless we are getting embarrassed on the field or are not competitive in most games; then we are recruiting reasonably well, by definition. We all would love to land nothing but game ready as true freshmen 4-5 star rated recruits. Unfortunately, that cannot and will not happen unless (or until) we have multiple 10 win seasons and look to prospective recruits to be a team that could contend for the National Championship.
We are more than likely not going to go over 20 recruits, so the class will probably be ranked in the 40's when all is said and done. Schools who bring in the same level of recruits, but have more recruits will be rated higher.

Reactions: Pitt0912
We are more than likely not going to go over 20 recruits, so the class will probably be ranked in the 40's when all is said and done. Schools who bring in the same level of recruits, but have more recruits will be rated higher.

Of course, but that won't matter to some.

IMO, as long as we average a solid 3.00 stars or higher per recruit, add some difference makers at key positions via recruiting or transfer in (as we are doing), Pitt football is going to be fine and should continue to improve.

I think Pitt is done at QB, WR, TE, OG, DE. They will take 1 RB, 1 more OT, 1 more DT, 1 more LB, 1 S and 1 more CB

Last year, 9 teams with 20 or fewer recruits finished higher than 40, so I certainly hope that isn't our ceiling. That wouldn't be a very good class. We should definitely be taking as many recruits as possible, if we aren't going to get elite level talent.

Of course, but that won't matter to some.

IMO, as long as we average a solid 3.00 stars or higher per recruit, add some difference makers at key positions via recruiting or transfer in (as we are doing), Pitt football is going to be fine and should continue to improve.
That would put us with a class in the mid 30s. That isn't getting the job done.

Just trying to remember who was the last good C.C. player who actually was a good college player? At Pitt/ other schools. Tags? Bulger?

Just trying to remember who was the last good C.C. player who actually was a good college player? At Pitt/ other schools. Tags? Bulger?

Tino wasn't bad, not great but considering he had 3 coaches in 3 years. Had a decent year with Chryst.

Eugene Jarvis was pretty good at Kent.

Wisniewski at PSU probably the best of the more recent grads.

what other positions would you add?

I had a 20 player class being:
QB (1) - Nick Patti
RB (1) - ??? hopefully Beck
WR (2) - Cameron O'Neil, ???
TE (2) - Matt Alaimo, Jay Symonds
OL (4) - Chase Brown, Blake Zubovic, Jake Kradel, ???
DE (2) - John Morgan, Noah Palmer
DT (2) - Devin Danielson, David Green
LB (2) - Wendell Davis, ??? hopefully Asamoah
S (2) - Kwantel Raines, ???
CB (2) - Judson Tallandier, Marquis Williams

So, still need a RB, WR, OL, LB and 2 Safeties

Reactions: H2P-2007
I also think that we obviously take D. Green if he wants to jump on board. I dont think that we go over 20, but I do think that we might have some flexibility with the exact numbers (perhaps happy with 3 OL?). So, who are our top targets at other positions?

RB - Beck
WR - ??
OL - ??
DE - Green
LB - Asamoah
S - K. Raines, ???

There's going to be kids from Florida we never heard of that Pitt will grab....probably at WR or DB.

Then we might flip a recruit or 2 like we have been, probably an OL or RB.

20 is the max for next year.
PITT should and will take great gets even if it puts us over 20.
Forced " see ya laters", guys trying out for a star role in the show cops will happen, other guys forgetting they have to pass drug tests, and actually graduate HS are reason more than 20 are needed!

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT