ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Paul Zeise ...

I think a lot of people were pissed about the way Pitt lost (no adjustments on the RPO) and the aftermath (press conference) than the actual loss it’s self.

After Pitt’s recent victories, it would be unfair of Zeise to continue being critical. On the contrary, in his latest column, he’s giving Narduzzi well deserved credit. That’s the way it should be.

If Ben retires, I don’t want Pickett here. He needs to play and sit a year or teo learning from a good, older, experienced qb.

I don’t want Pickett playing behind mason rudolph and Haskins. That’s a losing situation for him.

I find it hilarious that the people on this board keep talking about the radio hosts and they’re just sitting back laughing because that’s what they want you to talk about them and get more clicks. the way to get to them is the stop talking about them and stop listening to them period.

Reactions: Pittguy93
If Ben retires, I don’t want Pickett here. He needs to play and sit a year or teo learning from a good, older, experienced qb.

I don’t want Pickett playing behind mason rudolph and Haskins. That’s a losing situation for him.
You're nuts. If the Steelers have a chance to draft him they should.

So draft Pickett and sign someone old

I heard that Filiponi has a Heisman vote, but is the only one in Pittsburgh that does this year.

True?

And if so... does he vote for Pickett?
Here's an interesting little Poni tidbit. He knows he is a jinx and usually wrong in his picks. He purposely did not make publicly a Pitt/Clemson pick because he didn't want to upset the Pitt fans lol. He held back on tv and on twitter. He wanted to say Pitt was going to win but that would have upset a lot of us lol.

I wouldn't mind Pickett if they brought in Jameis Winston or another proven Free Agent QB that Kenny can learn behind for 2 years.

It took Kenny 4 years of below average-to-average performance before morphing into a Heisman candidate college QB, I don't have a ton of faith that he'd adjust to the pro game immediately.

I wouldn't mind Pickett if they brought in Jameis Winston or another proven Free Agent QB that Kenny can learn behind for 2 years.

It took Kenny 4 years of below average-to-average performance before morphing into a Heisman candidate college QB, I don't have a ton of faith that he'd adjust to the pro game immediately.
He has matured a ton. I think he would adjust fine to the pro game. If he played his first season in the NFL he might have some struggles but by year 2 he'd be lighting it up.

There are a few good landing spots for Kenny. Washington and N.O. are a few that come to mind. Maybe Minnesota as well or Green Bay (if Rodgers does leave). Pittsburgh wouldn't be the best but far from the worst. Just hope he doesn't land in Houston or Chicago! Or Detroit for that matter.

I know Paul Alexander had that whacko Zieglar on the show who believes in every conspiracy theory known to man. Zieglar was quick to jump on how Sandusky was wrongly accused bandwagon (funny how he never presented admissible evidence to court though). I hope Zeise didn't bring him back on air as well

Yeah that was the guy he had on. I couldn't believe some of the things he was allowing him to say on air. He was slandering Mike McQueary and making a point that one of the victims was something like 13 and not 11. Makes me think Zeise has to believe some of that stuff to have him on multiple times.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I also thought HCPN would be gone after the WMU disaster, I never expected the team to come back from that fiasco. They have and I hope they run the table and I'm sure Zeise feels the same.

I don't read your columns because you're not worthy of my click. But a scan of headlines tells me this:

On Sept. 18, you wrote losing to WMU could be the beginning of the end for PN. On Saturday, you wrote that there's a new sheriff in the ACC and Pitt is it.

Do you even remember what you wrote last month? You have no credibility. None.
I didn’t read it but in fairness WMU was bad and I called for HCPN done. I AM SO GLAD TO BE WRONG

I heard that Filiponi has a Heisman vote, but is the only one in Pittsburgh that does this year.

True?

And if so... does he vote for Pickett?
Naw, he will vote for the running back from his beloved, Syracuse…. 🤮

Not a Zeise fan but 80% of this board did the same thing after the WMU game.
I was one of the people that had that opinion. The WMU game was so frustrating on many levels, but what really got under my skin is Narduzzi pretty much threw Pickett under the bus in his post game presser. As a life long Pitt fan I hope Pitt is the new sheriff and if it's with Narduzzi I have no problem.

Yeah that was the guy he had on. I couldn't believe some of the things he was allowing him to say on air. He was slandering Mike McQueary and making a point that one of the victims was something like 13 and not 11. Makes me think Zeise has to believe some of that stuff to have him on multiple times.
Those people over on that board are beyond nauseating. They're picking apart little things like getting info unscrupulously and misconduct but doesn't mean the info is actually inaccurate; a victim wavering so he must be lying. Never mind he might be traumatized all over again and filled with shame and humiliation. The overall question for those people is, how does all that make Sandusky innocent? Because all I see are people in reality, defending Penn St. while hiding behind Sandusky.

That’s the problem with politics. I think a lot of people would like him more if they didn’t know his politics. I know it’s not saying much, but in this market I value Zeise when it comes to Pitt. He’s one of the few guys who doesn’t seem to have an axe to grind.

My issue with Zeise's politics is that he claims to be neutral/apolitical but is clearly on one side. Which is fine, but he needs to own it instead of acting like he's super enlightened and above it all. He's as much a partisan as anyone I've ever come across.

There are a few good landing spots for Kenny. Washington and N.O. are a few that come to mind. Maybe Minnesota as well or Green Bay (if Rodgers does leave). Pittsburgh wouldn't be the best but far from the worst. Just hope he doesn't land in Houston or Chicago! Or Detroit for that matter.

Chicago just took a QB last year so they're out. Detroit has a dead cap hit of $30m+ for Goff so he's their QB at least until Spring 2023. Houston would be a real bummer as they're a QB killer other than Deshaun Watson.

My issue with Zeise's politics is that he claims to be neutral/apolitical but is clearly on one side. Which is fine, but he needs to own it instead of acting like he's super enlightened and above it all. He's as much a partisan as anyone I've ever come across.
Aren’t we all fair, reasonable and thoughtful?

Aren’t we all fair, reasonable and thoughtful?

I think that very few of us are the free thinkers that we believe ourselves to be.

Again, my issue with Paul isn't his sincerely held beliefs. My issue is calling himself an independent and then I check his social media follows and it is literally 100% of the most prolific partisans from one side and absolutely nobody from the other side.

People need to be honest with themselves. Follow whoever you want, believe what you want to believe, but don't lie and say you're above it when you're following dozens of hyper active culture warriors from only one tribe.

Reactions: ratking17
I think that very few of us are the free thinkers that we believe ourselves to be.

Again, my issue with Paul isn't his sincerely held beliefs. My issue is calling himself an independent and then I check his social media follows and it is literally 100% of the most prolific partisans from one side and absolutely nobody from the other side.

People need to be honest with themselves. Follow whoever you want, believe what you want to believe, but don't lie and say you're above it when you're following dozens of hyper active culture warriors from only one tribe.
I like Paul as a host of sports radio. And I honestly don't care what his politics are in his personal life. But for the past two years or so, he beats the same dead horse over and over and over again regarding covid. I wish public people would have just a separate account for politics beliefs as I do like his sports takes. But for every sports take, he is probably now at like 20-30 politics takes.

does he still pretend that he’s middle of the road? Because it’s obvious which side he resides on and that’s ok. He does have some positions that are left leaning but they are few and far between.

I just prefer my sports personalities to stay away from politics. That’s just me.

does he still pretend that he’s middle of the road? Because it’s obvious which side he resides on and that’s ok. He does have some positions that are left leaning but they are few and far between.

I just prefer my sports personalities to stay away from politics. That’s just me.

The last time I checked he called himself an independent. I haven't engaged with in 2-3 years so I don't know if he still portrays himself as such.

Also prefer no politics from my sports personalities. But nowadays Zeise is a lot closer to "sports-culture war-politics trolls" (for lack of a better phrase) like Aubrey Huff and Clay Travis than he is to the monastic focus of Chris Peak. And that's fine, but if that's what you believe you need to own it and not act like you're an enlightened centrist.

And that's fine, but if that's what you believe you need to own it and not act like you're an enlightened centrist.

Everybody claims to be an enlightened centrist. Read any political post on here and they always start by saying “I’m not a lib or a con but....” and then they spew off their party’s agenda.

Very few people acknowledge that they are far left or far right even if they obviously are. It’s like being crazy, crazy people rarely know they are crazy. They think it’s everyone else that is off.

Everybody claims to be an enlightened centrist. Read any political post on here and they always start by saying “I’m not a lib or a con but....” and then they spew off their party’s agenda.

Very few people acknowledge that they are far left or far right even if they obviously are. It’s like being crazy, crazy people rarely know they are crazy. They think it’s everyone else that is off.

I don't agree that most people view themselves as centrists. About 1/3 of people are registered for each party and as independents. The national electorate has been pretty well split 50-50 over the last 30 years. I think the preponderance of the evidence shows that most people are on one side or the other, and there are a few that sometimes cross lines. Which makes Zeise's insistence that he's not part of one tribe despite the orthodoxy of his opinions and the overwhelming number of his social media follows for his tribe all the more baffling to me.

Crime? I’m conservative. Prostitution, I’m liberal.

Meh, it’s funnier when Chris rock says it then reading it on a message board.

Reactions: noelr
1945 typical American opinion: "The Japanese are the Devil!"
2021 typical American opinion: "The Japanese are among our best allies".

Both are true.

Point I am making, events happen to make people change their views. If you never change your viewpoints based upon further information, then you are an idiot.

I find that most people who register as independent still vote one party over the other the vast majority of the time.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Naw, he will vote for the running back from his beloved, Syracuse…. 🤮

I don't often listen to him, but in my small doses I find him amusing in an oafish way.

What is this tie to Syracuse, I thought he was a Temple fan?

Chicago just took a QB last year so they're out. Detroit has a dead cap hit of $30m+ for Goff so he's their QB at least until Spring 2023. Houston would be a real bummer as they're a QB killer other than Deshaun Watson.

QB killer? Have they been around long enough to have that rap, or is it a leftover stigma from David Carr? I thought Matt Schaub did well there.

Reactions: FireballZ
I don't often listen to him, but in my small doses I find him amusing in an oafish way.

What is this tie to Syracuse, I thought he was a Temple fan?
I was referring to Poni, who has the Heisman vote and is a Syracuse grad.

QB killer? Have they been around long enough to have that rap, or is it a leftover stigma from David Carr? I thought Matt Schaub did well there.

I think he was decent. I think the rep is largely because they've had consistency at QBs there. I don't know the whole list but guys like Brock Osweiler, Ryan Mallet, and even our own Tom Savage come to mind. And there were many seasons where 3+ QBs started games. Kind of a lesser version of the Browns.

Bring back the days when Jerry Dulac and Steve Helvonik, (both nitter grads), were covering the Pitt beat. One was PG and the other Post Gazette. I wrote for The Pitt News at the time and they would both try to get us to give them dirt on the players cause they new we hung out with them. There was fierce competition between the two papers at the time and those two did everything they could to dig up negative headlines on Pitt athletes.

I don't read your columns because you're not worthy of my click. But a scan of headlines tells me this:

On Sept. 18, you wrote losing to WMU could be the beginning of the end for PN. On Saturday, you wrote that there's a new sheriff in the ACC and Pitt is it.

Do you even remember what you wrote last month? You have no credibility. None.
What he said on September 18th was 100% TRUE, "losing to WMU 'COULD BE' the end for PN".... 'COULD BE' but it wasn't so PN turned it around so far and became the Sheriff AT THIS POINT, so there's no inconsistency .

Bring back the days when Jerry Dulac and Steve Helvonik, (both nitter grads), were covering the Pitt beat. One was PG and the other Post Gazette. I wrote for The Pitt News at the time and they would both try to get us to give them dirt on the players cause they new we hung out with them. There was fierce competition between the two papers at the time and those two did everything they could to dig up negative headlines on Pitt athletes.
That's probably so they could get the bosses' attention so they could move on to the fanboy -- I mean Steelers -- beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT