ADVERTISEMENT

Deion continues to be a clown…

Jun 3, 2023

His shamelessness knows no bottom. I have absolutely no idea how bad this Tyler Brown’s mental health issue is. It is weird that the NCAA voted in March to restrict the number of waivers granted to second time transfers. Want to know how you get immediate eligibility? Physical injury OR mental illness that pushed them to transfer.

I don’t want to say this dude is making up a mental health issue to justify him transferring, but obviously the NCAA wasn’t buying it. The problem is that anyone can say they have a mental illness, just to get their way.

I’m sure some will disagree, but how does the NCAA stop this if they let everyone who claims they have a mental illness play?

Reactions: FireballZ
In all seriousness though, the Tez Walker situation is a curious one at UNC. Seems like that young man has a legit reason for transferring home, close to his family and ailing grandmother, and the NCAA is just sitting on its hands and has yet to clear him to play, 4 days prior to kickoff.

His shamelessness knows no bottom. I have absolutely no idea how bad this Tyler Brown’s mental health issue is. It is weird that the NCAA voted in March to restrict the number of waivers granted to second time transfers. Want to know how you get immediate eligibility? Physical injury OR mental illness that pushed them to transfer.

I don’t want to say this dude is making up a mental health issue to justify him transferring, but obviously the NCAA wasn’t buying it. The problem is that anyone can say they have a mental illness, just to get their way.

I’m sure some will disagree, but how does the NCAA stop this if they let everyone who claims they have a mental illness play?
kind of like a player saying they transferred because they heard a racist word. silly but it worked so i'd go with that..

In all seriousness though, the Tez Walker situation is a curious one at UNC. Seems like that young man has a legit reason for transferring home, close to his family and ailing grandmother, and the NCAA is just sitting on its hands and has yet to clear him to play, 4 days prior to kickoff.
Well. Shouldn’t his focus then be on care for this ‘ailing grandmother’ he moved back for rather than playing a football game? Not to be crass or pessimistic, but…come on. An individual who despite being a 20 year old non professional, has the magic touch that is so desperately needed, more than every other member of the family that he needed to move back? And coincidentally of course to enroll in precisely that single university that has a high level football team that wants him to start? Despite that being a full time student and FBS football star takes 99.9999% of a typical players time? Hmm

Reactions: sonofabit

Personally, I say more power to them. I believe in gaming the system to get my way, I always do that when I can in my own life, f'em. :)

I hear you but I'm gonna go with the Blackstone Ratio on this one: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Absolutely, I'd prefer 1000 guilty people get away with a crime if it prevents JUST ONE innocent person from getting punished.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
So Deion is the only coach that can help him? Is Deion even qualified to help him?

Let's all ignore that our current 2nd transfer starting QB is only here because he really wanted half a graduate degree from Pitt.

He transferred in the arbitrarily decided way. If Deion (or any coach) doesn't have to sit out a year after taking another job, neither should the players.

Maybe, but they have rules in place that need to be followed.

Well. Shouldn’t his focus then be on care for this ‘ailing grandmother’ he moved back for rather than playing a football game? Not to be crass or pessimistic, but…come on. An individual who despite being a 20 year old non professional, has the magic touch that is so desperately needed, more than every other member of the family that he needed to move back? And coincidentally of course to enroll in precisely that single university that has a high level football team that wants him to start? Despite that being a full time student and FBS football star takes 99.9999% of a typical players time? Hmm
He had said that his grandmother hadn’t seen him play in college and probably never would (if he stayed wherever he was) and wanted to be closer to home. I don’t know where the truth lies but it’s not terribly unbelievable. He did start his career at NC Central which is also in Raleigh.

He had said that his grandmother hadn’t seen him play in college and probably never would (if he stayed wherever he was) and wanted to be closer to home. I don’t know where the truth lies but it’s not terribly unbelievable. He did start his career at NC Central which is also in Raleigh.
So he doesn’t even claim he is needed for some measure of caretaking? Geez.

I’m not even saying I think the NCAA should pretend any longer that it is enforcing anything, given the far more egregious things that are occurring with coaches, players, NIL etc. It seems crazy to randomly hold up one guy who probably does have an ill grandmother when blatant organizational abuses go ignored.

But at some point these things are insulting to the intelligence.

I am curious to see how Coach Prime’s teams perform over the next few years. I say few years because it takes time to obtain results from any major change in college football.
This will be an interesting year one for Colorado.

His mental health issue, as I got from his video, is basically that he is worried that without football he will have a mental health issue. But, he was playing football at Jackson State, so I don’t see how his transfer in any way was to assist him with a mental health problem. What he really said to the NCAA was: I transferred to play for Prime Time. Now, I will have a mental health issue if you don’t let me play.

Perfectly understandable to me that it was denied. His transfer absolutely was not for mental health reasons.

Reactions: NTOP and FireballZ
Central is in Durham, but I guess Raleigh is close enough for these purposes.

Reactions: razzaba
Central is in Durham, but I guess Raleigh is close enough for these purposes.
I just meant Raleigh area… Chapel Hill is also not Raleigh to be fair 😀

I think it’s just the western PA in me where everything is Pittsburgh. Doesn’t matter if it’s Cranberry or Monroeville or Fox Chapel or whatever. It’s all Pittsburgh.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
This is the most I’ve ever heard the media talk about a 1-11 football team. Heck, they’re opening the Big Noon Kickoff for the season. Have to respect him drawing attention to his program.

I just meant Raleigh area… Chapel Hill is also not Raleigh to be fair 😀

I think it’s just the western PA in me where everything is Pittsburgh. Doesn’t matter if it’s Cranberry or Monroeville or Fox Chapel or whatever. It’s all Pittsburgh.
I try to identify as, "I live in Bedford County but I'm from Pittsburgh." It helps fight of undesirable stigmas.

So he doesn’t even claim he is needed for some measure of caretaking? Geez.

I’m not even saying I think the NCAA should pretend any longer that it is enforcing anything, given the far more egregious things that are occurring with coaches, players, NIL etc. It seems crazy to randomly hold up one guy who probably does have an ill grandmother when blatant organizational abuses go ignored.

But at some point these things are insulting to the intelligence.
I dunno, reading this, it sounds like the kid should be able to play. He started out at a school near home, and that school (NCCU) never even played a game due to COVID so he transferred to the only school that would give him a scholarship (Kent State). Says they have documentation of him seeing doctors/counselors there, and is still doing so at UNC. Both Kent and NCCU are apparently supporting his appeal and saying he should be able to play,

I try to identify as, "I live in Bedford County but I'm from Pittsburgh." It helps fight of undesirable stigmas.
I had a new boss quite a while ago who would say he was from 1.5 hours south of Pittsburgh when we would meet customers. After I got to become friends with him, I called him out on it, “They know where Morgantown WV is”. He was a bit embarrassed, but never did it in front of me again lol. He was/is a good guy but it was quite funny.

If I want to leave my job and take a new one every year so what.
Same with players.
Coaches can do it.

I do find it very amusing that Deion Sanders is upset with the NCAA and its new rule. Wonder if Deion was worried about the mental health of all of those recruits who committed to him at JSU, that he left high and dry? Also wonder if Deion cared about the mental health issues of the 70 or so scholarship players that he forced out at Colorado?
What a classless douche bag he turned out to be.

In the disfigusting cesspool that is college football, Deion Sanders is the best thing it has going. I love this guy. Colorado is my #2 favorite team. College football has become so boring, I need storylines or maybe a different color field to make me watch anything but a Pitt or ACC game.

In the disfigusting cesspool that is college football, Deion Sanders is the best thing it has going. I love this guy. Colorado is my #2 favorite team. College football has become so boring, I need storylines or maybe a different color field to make me watch anything but a Pitt or ACC game.
Sorry SMF, but I do have to disagree with you on this one as well. Deion Sanders is actually one of the main reasons that college football finds itself where it does right now. He has a coaching ego as big as Nick Saban's and he has done squat as a coach to deserve the recognition that he so desperately seeking. His team, which I knew would score points because Sanders is smart enough to know that is what his team will need to do in 2023, to win games and draw attention to himself. He had a perfect situation with his team staring out against an highly over ranked TCU team. His next game is against a terrible Nebraska team, so he starts out 2-0. Colorado will probably go from no where to be seen, to being close to a Top 25 team this week. They play two bad football teams in Nebraska snd Colorado State, after that, so they will be in the Top 20 by then. HIs frst real test will be against Oregon. Let's see what he does then.
Until then, he is just another attention seeking Jagoff, who had manipulated the rules of college football to benefit himself and his sons.

If I want to leave my job and take a new one every year so what.
Same with players.
Coaches can do it.

They can. That's what the portal period is for. It's reasonable to not allow transfers right before the season.

I don't agree with you much, but I'm with you on this one.

Deion and his team was the main attraction of all the games on Saturday and the game didn't disappoint.

A bunch of haters hating on him for no reason at all. Just hating for the heck of it. I'm rooting for Prime.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Deion and his team was the main attraction of all the games on Saturday and the game didn't disappoint.

A bunch of haters hating on him for no reason at all. Just hating for the heck of it. I'm rooting for Prime.
He runs his suckhole a bit much

What I like about him is that, although he’s very boastful, he does it in a very positive manner (never tears anyone down) and is a good role model for his student athletes. It’s always about what they can do and how they should believe in themselves.

He also doesn’t drink, smoke, do drugs, or even curse. I think that’s very honorable. Personally, I’m pulling for his success.

Reactions: cease10 and TD_6082
I don’t really care about this guy being “Dion” one way or other. I respected his playing talents but not a fan of huckster circus clown types, no matter who they are. He’s just one of increasingly many athletes and celebrities who (IMO) taint their appeal with their ugly personalities. But I realize this same thing (strangely) is what others admire about them.

I certainly can’t admire his unwarranted insulting of our program and coach (Duz had the audacity to note the truth about his tactics; Sanders of course couldn’t handle the slightest bit of critique and lashed out in personal, and false, fashion). He should have apologized to Duz, but I don’t suppose he has. (If so I’ll reconsider). So I can’t admire that. To each their own though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT