ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson

Ha! I like Cleveland and truth be told, it’s suburbs beat those of Pittsburgh every day…throw in Cuyahoga National Forest and there is much to like.
But the stadium is damn near isolated form everything as opposed to the baseball and hoops arena.
Yup. The Brown’s first order of business is working with the city and state on turning Route 2 into more of a boulevard that would open up access to the lakefront a bit more. Building the land bridge at the Mall will help as well. It’s a shame because, as it currently sits, Cleveland likely has the most wasted potential of any waterfront property in the country. Burke Airport is a dump and there’s not much else besides the Rock Hall. Reversing that would be a game-changer for the city.

Reactions: Saboteur II
There is not arbitrator in the NFL's personal conduct policy. The last step of the policy is that after all the information is gathered the commissioner makes the decision on discipline.

Roger Goodell makes the decision. No one else.

No, that's not the rule anymore. NFL suspensions are now handled by a retired Federal judge, a woman from Delaware. That's why you're hearing about what the NFL wants. Back in the day, Goodell would just suspend him but now they have to communicate their position beforehand because actual discipline is handled by an ostensibly independent third party (that I assume still gets paid by the league).

Yup. The Brown’s first order of business is working with the city and state on turning Route 2 into more of a boulevard that would open up access to the lakefront a bit more. Building the land bridge at the Mall will help as well. It’s a shame because, as it currently sits, Cleveland likely has the most wasted potential of any waterfront property in the country. Burke Airport is a dump and there’s not much else besides the Rock Hall. Reversing that would be a game-changer for the city.
I go and stay in Cleveland alot. I mean alot. Cleveland, the city is a dump as compared to Pittsburgh. Though trust me, being in Pittsburgh on a Monday evening, during the Iron and Steel Show (1000's of folks there for that) and trying to find restaurants open is a major chore and quite honestly, as the native in my group it was truly embarrassing.

But Cleveland's suburbs are nicer. At least more things to do, more places to eat in comparison to Pittsburgh.

The Lakefront area is so underutilized in that city. Putting a football stadium that is used 8-10 times and an outdated airport is not exactly the best way to enhance an area.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I go and stay in Cleveland alot. I mean alot. Cleveland, the city is a dump as compared to Pittsburgh. Though trust me, being in Pittsburgh on a Monday evening, during the Iron and Steel Show (1000's of folks there for that) and trying to find restaurants open is a major chore and quite honestly, as the native in my group it was truly embarrassing.

But Cleveland's suburbs are nicer. At least more things to do, more places to eat in comparison to Pittsburgh.

The Lakefront area is so underutilized in that city. Putting a football stadium that is used 8-10 times and an outdated airport is not exactly the best way to enhance an area.
Restaurants being closed on mondays is pretty common nationally

Trevor Bauer getting 2 years from MLB really screws Goodell (notice I didn’t say Watson….of course, it screws him too).

Watson’s punishment STARTS (and probably ends) with a one year ban. I was hoping the books were going to post the odds on this as I had heard some bookmakers state on VSIN that he was going to get 6-8 games, which just isn’t happening.

Cleveland Browns are a disaster and will always be a disaster. It’s difficult to be so bad for so long in a salary cap league like the NFL.
The chatter seems to indicate that the league wants and "indefinite suspension" which means, "until Watson gets this mess cleaned up."

just do a year and call it a day. watson doesnt want to come back to a 3-5 team anyways, it just sets him up for failure. one year suspension is probably best for everyone involved.

Dont know if posted but if Watson gets 1 year , his contract is pushed forward a year and he would make 1 million in 23 , not 22.
He is hoping to get something under a year so his "real" contract will kick in next season '23.

If you sign a 250 million QB and all you get out of it is being “competitive”, you have “effed” up royally.
Um...the other guys get paid as well. And being competitive get's you a very nice contract in the NFL - ask Kirk Cousins. And $250MM for a quarterback is now the new going rate.

Dont know if posted but if Watson gets 1 year , his contract is pushed forward a year and he would make 1 million in 23 , not 22.
He is hoping to get something under a year so his "real" contract will kick in next season '23.
Doesn't matter - his salary is fully guaranteed. Only pushes his potential FA back a year - and with $250MM in the bank....that's just noise.

That's great 303 , I was just mentioning.
You rush to his defense pretty quickly and often.

Good to see the Browns are still the Browns. Only an organization as inept as them could screw up this badly. They mortgaged their future for a guy who might not play for them this year, or at all.

I mean it's just so stupid to make a deal like that and offer that contract to a guy with so much baggage.

Reactions: pittdan77
Good to see the Browns are still the Browns. Only an organization as inept as them could screw up this badly. They mortgaged their future for a guy who might not play for them this year, or at all.

I mean it's just so stupid to make a deal like that and offer that contract to a guy with so much baggage.
While pissing off the only qb to take them to the playoffs and actually win a game in decades

Restaurants being closed on mondays is pretty common nationally
Not so much in downtowns. Worse, it applied to lunch on Tuesdays. I am not sure if it was the Pandemic (I am sure that didn't help) but so many places are now only open certain days of the week. Not to mention, I don't think many people go out to lunch anymore. Another in a long line of reasons why our society sucks compared to yesteryears.

Not so much in downtowns. Worse, it applied to lunch on Tuesdays. I am not sure if it was the Pandemic (I am sure that didn't help) but so many places are now only open certain days of the week. Not to mention, I don't think many people go out to lunch anymore. Another in a long line of reasons why our society sucks compared to yesteryears.
I don’t think it’s different -
Restaurants being closed on Monday and or Tuesday’s is common- since they are low volume days and give their staff time off since weekends are peak busy .

Park Bruge , Applesmoke. Tambellini’s nearby are all closed today
And that’s been true for 6 years

next time - just Google map to see what’s open

I don’t think it’s different -
Restaurants being closed on Monday and or Tuesday’s is common- since they are low volume days and give their staff time off since weekends are peak busy .

Park Bruge , Applesmoke. Tambellini’s nearby are all closed today
And that’s been true for 6 years

next time - just Google map to see what’s open
Yes thanks Capt Obvious for the Google tip. Never thought of that. My point is, in CBD's (dahntahn's) you have alot of business travelers that come in on Monday's. I know, I do this all of the time. And when you are trying to find a restaurant within walking distance of your hotel, it was much, much more difficult than I thought. Then when Tuesday Lunch came, and it was the same issue, that was pretty weird. I mean we are talking the Cultural District. Alot of those restaurants do open on Tuesday's, but not until after 4-5 o'clock.

Yes thanks Capt Obvious for the Google tip. Never thought of that. My point is, in CBD's (dahntahn's) you have alot of business travelers that come in on Monday's. I know, I do this all of the time. And when you are trying to find a restaurant within walking distance of your hotel, it was much, much more difficult than I thought. Then when Tuesday Lunch came, and it was the same issue, that was pretty weird. I mean we are talking the Cultural District. Alot of those restaurants do open on Tuesday's, but not until after 4-5 o'clock.
And that’s always been the case everywhere nationally for a very long time .
Pretending it’s new or an erosion in Society is patently absurd

No, that's not the rule anymore. NFL suspensions are now handled by a retired Federal judge, a woman from Delaware. That's why you're hearing about what the NFL wants. Back in the day, Goodell would just suspend him but now they have to communicate their position beforehand because actual discipline is handled by an ostensibly independent third party (that I assume still gets paid by the league).

The last step of the procedure reads like this:

FINAL DECISION
The Commissioner or his designee reviews the panel’s recommendations and makes a final decision on disciplinary measures.

I travel much more than you do and for much longer. So...no, I am the expert here.
And yet -
Here ya are baffled that restaurants are often closed on Monday’s or tuesdays

I get it you were embarrassed as a local foodie that you didn’t research what was open , so ya looked silly to clients

And yet -
Here ya are baffled that restaurants are often closed on Monday’s or tuesdays

I get it you were embarrassed as a local foodie that you didn’t research what was open , so ya looked silly to clients
No, I was embarrassed for city dwellars like yourself. Because us suburbanites had no problem.

people in cities apparently dont eat on mondays.. lol. it's a pittsburgh thing, trust me. go to any major city on a monday and restaurants are open. to say or think any differently is beyond naive..

travelled for my old job quite often and went to larger and smaller cities during the week and restaurants were open on mondays and tuesdays. believe it or not, in cities not named pittsburgh, you walk downtown on a monday and there are actually people in the city, walking around, eating at restaurants, etc. it's pretty crazy..

people in cities apparently dont eat on mondays.. lol. it's a pittsburgh thing, trust me. go to any major city on a monday and restaurants are open. to say or think any differently is beyond naive..

travelled for my old job quite often and went to larger and smaller cities during the week and restaurants were open on mondays and tuesdays. believe it or not, in cities not named pittsburgh, you walk downtown on a monday and there are actually people in the city, walking around, eating at restaurants, etc. it's pretty crazy..
Plenty are open on Mondays here too, just not all.
And it’s also common in north and South Carolina .
Turns out - dishwashers and line cooks also like having a day off

Plenty are open on Mondays here too, just not all.
And it’s also common in north and South Carolina .
Turns out - dishwashers and line cooks also like having a day off
Their asses need to be in the kitchen serving the privledged folk. That's why they are paid so well. I don't see pharmacies shutting down.

First round picks outside of the top 15 are way overrated...the Rams have shown you the value of draft picks.
If Cleveland is basically playing with a 3rd string QB all next year, there is a good chance that it would be a top 15 pick.

That's only on appeal. The first level discipline comes from the Disciplinary Officer.

Well yeah. So Watson gets 6 games and the NFL appeals. And the appeal is heard by the commissioner. Who can rule however he wants.

If the NFL really wants one year, the NFL can get one year. They might decide it's not worth it to go through with it, but if they do they will, in the end, get what they want.

Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT