ADVERTISEMENT

Deshields, young LB’s and Manalac

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
Deshields- really sucks he got hurt coming off a game where it all clicked Vs LVille. If not injured the big pass play to set up the first WF TD doesn’t happen. Bass was way out of position mainly because he’s a true frosh.

Other than that I thought Bass played well, you can see the raw athleticism, he has a bright future.

Deshields has NFL talent. Kamara though not always in position is a big time athlete, he was better last year at star instead of money.

We have 4 frosh who really do have good upside IMO:

Bass already talked about him.

Biles has blocked 2 punts just needs an off-season in the weight room as he is skinny.

Louis has flashed some when healthy.

Lovelace is the big surprise as many here said he would never play at Pitt. He already has the FB IQ, is a sure tackler and will continue to get better.

Manalac has improved the depth in the LB room. And will add more young talent next year. The thing is almost all of these guys have been hurt which doesn’t help in development.

Lots of depth at OLB going into next year but who will be MLB? No it won’t be George (if he’s back) as he’s too slow for pass coverage. I think one of the OLBs will be moved inside similar to how Brightwell and Dennis (man do we miss him) were. Could be Deshields but wouldn’t surprise me if it was Lovelace with his high football IQ.

Thoughts?

Reactions: TD_6082 and NCPitt
Listened to podcasts of Bostick's show while driving. Had Karlo on and he thinks Manalac is one of the better coaches on staff, and a lot better recruiter than he gets credit for. Thinks he'll eventually be a head coach.

Simon and George are pretty average, while Deshields and Kamara flash more, but are very inconsistent. The young guys are young and make mistakes.

Biggest problem with the group, and the entire defense for that matter, is tackling.

Reactions: 4upmc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT