ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt FSU thoughts

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
No one expected Pitt to beat #4 FSU, the surprise was being in the game. Mumpfield did fumble but a clear face mask helped him fumble. Should have been up 14-7 at the half.

Then you have a FG attempt to tie but Gavin gets a selfish penalty. He’s a solid player but cracks me up how some think he’s something special. He was yapping at the ref and few assistants yelled at him for it. Oh no he will transfer… so what he couldn’t block if his life depended on it. He doesn’t get separation from LB’s. FSU has 3 TE’s better than him. Yep our OC sucks and doesn’t help but dude is selfish and any chance was pretty much gone after his penalty.

Kradel and Blake have got worse. Kradel was abused by #55. Time for OL coach to call it a career. Moore is the best OL IMO.

CV has to deal with poor OL play and the worst OC around…But he needs to show more. Big arm…yes. Does he have the FB IQ…? Need a true QB comp next year.

Hope Bub comes back next year as he has talent. May not have the best WR IQ but a real OC could take advantage of his physical abilities.

D kept the team in the game for as long as they could. Nate finally got a sack but he got abused some as well. Can’t have a non pass rush threat DE in on clear 3rd down passing situations. George is the best in the box run stopping LB but once again he should never be in in clear passing situations.

FWIW PN has not lost the team. His OC hire will decide his and the teams future. Oh well on to Cuse.

Reactions: gary2
No one expected Pitt to beat #4 FSU, the surprise was being in the game. Mumpfield did fumble but a clear face mask helped him fumble. Should have been up 14-7 at the half.

Then you have a FG attempt to tie but Gavin gets a selfish penalty. He’s a solid player but cracks me up how some think he’s something special. He was yapping at the ref and few assistants yelled at him for it. Oh no he will transfer… so what he couldn’t block if his life depended on it. He doesn’t get separation from LB’s. FSU has 3 TE’s better than him. Yep our OC sucks and doesn’t help but dude is selfish and any chance was pretty much gone after his penalty.

Kradel and Blake have got worse. Kradel was abused by #55. Time for OL coach to call it a career. Moore is the best OL IMO.

CV has to deal with poor OL play and the worst OC around…But he needs to show more. Big arm…yes. Does he have the FB IQ…? Need a true QB comp next year.

Hope Bub comes back next year as he has talent. May not have the best WR IQ but a real OC could take advantage of his physical abilities.

D kept the team in the game for as long as they could. Nate finally got a sack but he got abused some as well. Can’t have a non pass rush threat DE in on clear 3rd down passing situations. George is the best in the box run stopping LB but once again he should never be in in clear passing situations.

FWIW PN has not lost the team. His OC hire will decide his and the teams future. Oh well on to Cuse.
A complete overhaul of the O staff wouldn’t be out of line at all.

A complete overhaul of the O staff wouldn’t be out of line at all.
Yes I think you give new OC say in who he works with. I would keep Salem around in some role even if just special teams coach as he recruits better than most of the staff.

I agree the entire offensive staff should be put on waivers, however if Nardo doesn't change his offensive philosophy/style, are we not left to just replace mediocre staff and players. Players want to play in exciting systems. Just wondering...

If we can bring in an offensive coach that will bring in 4 start talent….then I am on board. Otherwise, tread lightly.

I agree the entire offensive staff should be put on waivers, however if Nardo doesn't change his offensive philosophy/style, are we not left to just replace mediocre staff and players. Players want to play in exciting systems. Just wondering...
Agree on your comments our tight end. Drops alot of balls.

Reactions: kma0043
The vanilla 6th year WPIAL boys have not had good years. Kradel and Zubovic are embarrassing. Haven't noticed Danielson much.

Yes he needs to change his philosophy and get an attacking O like he’s does with his Defense. Get out of his comfort zone.

The vanilla 6th year WPIAL boys have not had good years. Kradel and Zubovic are embarrassing. Haven't noticed Danielson much.
Don’t get how Kradel and Blake have gotten worse… maybe they don’t care anymore and are ready to hang it up.

Danielson will give effort but he always been just solid, nothing more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT