ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between Champions and Chumps on full display in Pittsburgh Steelers vs Pens

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-L'veon Bell- "Pats cant stop Pittsburgh if Im healthy, we will beat them"

-Chump. Has never beat New England, and never will. New England Has blown out Pittsburgh so many times I cant count and destroyed you in the last playoffs. Complete embarrassment. He will have a hangnail problem next year and miss the playoffs because his finger hurts.

-Antonio Brown. Has never beat New England after calling out New England. Chump. Has never won a dam thing in the NFL and gets shut down in the playoffs.

Hockey

-Crosby-Best player in the world, won the Olympics, cup, worlds, 2 Stanley cups, and every major award there is while winning 2 Stanley Cups. His response to repeating as Stanley Cup Champion.

"We are just trying to find the next level in the playoffs. If we can find that in the playoffs, its a much better higher level with emotion and intensity" We have a lot of guys that help us win and we have a chance to do that"

-The Penguins are Defending Champions with a humble Captain trying to break greatness with a 3rd cup, the Pens are the best Franchise in the NHL dating back to 1990. The Steelers are 3-11 vs New England going back to and have been blown out and embarrassed so many times its a disgrace.

-Patriots by 3 TD's next year vs Steelers. Dont care what the spread is and Im a diehard Steeler, Im taking the Pats BIG. Brown and Bell, all talk, ZERO walk. New England Clowns us again, if we even make it that far.

-Chump. Has never beat New England, and never will. New England Has blown out Pittsburgh so many times I cant count and destroyed you in the last playoffs. Complete embarrassment. He will have a hangnail problem next year and miss the playoffs because his finger hurts.

-Antonio Brown. Has never beat New England after calling out New England. Chump. Has never won a dam thing in the NFL and gets shut down in the playoffs.

Hockey

-Crosby-Best player in the world, won the Olympics, cup, worlds, 2 Stanley cups, and every major award there is while winning 2 Stanley Cups. His response to repeating as Stanley Cup Champion.

"We are just trying to find the next level in the playoffs. If we can find that in the playoffs, its a much better higher level with emotion and intensity" We have a lot of guys that help us win and we have a chance to do that"

-The Penguins are Defending Champions with a humble Captain trying to break greatness with a 3rd cup, the Pens are the best Franchise in the NHL dating back to 1990. The Steelers are 3-11 vs New England going back to and have been blown out and embarrassed so many times its a disgrace.

-Patriots by 3 TD's next year vs Steelers. Dont care what the spread is and Im a diehard Steeler, Im taking the Pats BIG. Brown and Bell, all talk, ZERO walk. New England Clowns us again, if we even make it that far.

Steelers. 8 Super Bowl appearances- 6 Lombardi Trophies.

Penguins. 5 Stanley Cup finals- 4 Stanley Cups

These are 2 pretty damn good franchises right here in the Burgh and I see no reason for anyone to be hateful towards either one. Makes no sense besides the fact that haters gonna be haters.

We should get into a debate about whether we'd rather have NFL players babysit our kids or NHL hockey players and see how quickly that thread turns into a disaster.

Reactions: TFloss
What a crock of shht! LOL! the OP is an idiot! You can't expect to be champion every year, you can't expect to be champion every TEN years, Steelers where a FINAL 4 team out 32 teams, they had a 9 game winning streak, they won their division.... THEY HAD A GREAT SEASON. They'e won 2 of the last 11 Super Bowls, Pens have won 2 of the last 8 CUPS, and had some miserable fails in between. I guess he doesn't like the Steelers players because they don't act like white guys with crew cuts from the '50s, LOL. At least 25 NFL teams fans wish they could be the 2016 Steelers once every 10 years. Cleveland would have a parade if the Browns lost the AFCCG 36-17... to Houston.

Last edited:
Steelers. 8 Super Bowl appearances- 6 Lombardi Trophies.

Penguins. 5 Stanley Cup finals- 4 Stanley Cups

These are 2 pretty damn good franchises right here in the Burgh and I see no reason for anyone to be hateful towards either one. Makes no sense besides the fact that haters gonna be haters.
Exactly. Compared to the Pirates... nothing since 1979. Pitt, nothing since 1976. Neither have the slightest intent to compete for championships in the future. Total absence of hope. Both are fleecing their customers.

The Steelers and Pens don't win it all every year. Many years you wouldn't even predict them to. But fans can at least be confident that it's in their business plan to be competitive. With the two loser orgs, you know it most certainly is not.

With the Pirates you can at least understand, if not appreciate, that they are manipulating a corrupt MLB system for their financial advantage. Mlb allows them to have a rock bottom payroll and pocket the difference that the teams that actually try have to pay the Pirates as 'penalties' for having a bigger payroll. And the Pirates aren't required to use that overage to pay players! They can pocket it! It's astonishing. But in a perverse way you have to give Nutting credit for the exploitation. The other owners must find it worthwhile to have an owner willing to offer his team's naked asses up for their teams to mount.

But with Pitt it makes zero financial sense. Pitt really has two choices ... spend adequately to compete or not have the sports at all. Otherwise it's a guaranteed losing proposition. And does the university zero good.

Just sad.

Exactly. Compared to the Pirates... nothing since 1979. Pitt, nothing since 1976. Neither have the slightest intent to compete for championships in the future. Total absence of hope. Both are fleecing their customers.

The Steelers and Pens don't win it all every year. Many years you wouldn't even predict them to. But fans can at least be confident that it's in their business plan to be competitive. With the two loser orgs, you know it most certainly is not.

With the Pirates you can at least understand, if not appreciate, that they are manipulating a corrupt MLB system for their financial advantage. Mlb allows them to have a rock bottom payroll and pocket the difference that the teams that actually try have to pay the Pirates as 'penalties' for having a bigger payroll. And the Pirates aren't required to use that overage to pay players! They can pocket it! It's astonishing. But in a perverse way you have to give Nutting credit for the exploitation. The other owners must find it worthwhile to have an owner willing to offer his team's naked asses up for their teams to mount.

But with Pitt it makes zero financial sense. Pitt really has two choices ... spend adequately to compete or not have the sports at all. Otherwise it's a guaranteed losing proposition. And does the university zero good.

Just sad.
Comparing professional sports teams with college athletics is moronic and completely asinine!

What a sad perspective...just sad.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Curtain instead of trying to stir everyone up with the Steelers, maybe you should go back and tell us about all these high school kids who you never watched.

Since this is a Pitt Panther message board

Reactions: Jpripper88
Comparing professional sports teams with college athletics is moronic and completely asinine!

Sad that you are mentally challenged.

They're professional sports for all intents and purposes.

-No where in this thread did I say the Steelers were chumps. I said 2 players are chumps because they keep talking shit about New England yet can never beat them, Bell and Brown. Like Trump, neither of them can just shut the f_ck up about anything. And the worst part is, they never back up the talk, never.

-You see Crosby running his mouth? No, he's the best hockey player in the world and wins every award and trophy that comes with it. Talk is cheap.

-No where in this thread did I say the Steelers were chumps. I said 2 players are chumps because they keep talking shit about New England yet can never beat them, Bell and Brown. Like Trump, neither of them can just shut the f_ck up about anything. And the worst part is, they never back up the talk, never.

-You see Crosby running his mouth? No, he's the best hockey player in the world and wins every award and trophy that comes with it. Talk is cheap.
Hockey players don't talk trash. A lot of footballers do. That's just how it is. It's not a Burgh thing

Reactions: Ol_Roy

Comparing pro franchises from totally different sports is pretty stupid too.

Consider the originator of this thread.

Why would I want Crosby to watch my kid? He doesn't have any himself, probably can't change a diaper. As for who I'd rather have as a neighbor? Any of them. They're all super rich so if I live in their neighborhood I probably have a huge house.

Reactions: Ski11585
looks like more of a difference between hockey and football players

one talks trash only during the games, the other talks trash eveywhere

Why would I want Crosby to watch my kid? He doesn't have any himself, probably can't change a diaper. As for who I'd rather have as a neighbor? Any of them. They're all super rich so if I live in their neighborhood I probably have a huge house.

Good point on being super rich..

could you imagine Sid or any of the hockey players trying to out do any of their TEAM mates at the start of practice...

if Sid could live with Mario and his family.. I'll take that over Brown and Bell everyday.

Hockey

Have you been drinking again?

Antonio Brown vs Patriots
9 rec - 67 yds - 1 TD
5 rec - 71 yds - 1 TD
9 rec - 133 yds - 1TD
7 rec - 106 yds - 0 TD
7 rec - 77 yds - 0 TDs

5 game average - 7.4 rec, 90.8 yds, 0.6 TDs
Those numbers are against one of the best NFL coaches at game planning to specifically eliminate the best weapon on opposing offenses. If he averaged those numbers through a 16 game season he'd get all-pro honors.

Let's compare that to some other current prolific receivers

Greg Jennings - 5 games Average - 2 rec, 26.8 yds, 0.2 TDs
Brandon Marshall - 12 games - 5 rec, 73.5 yds, 0.5 TDs
Randy Moss - 5 games - 3.6 rec, 57.2 yds, 0.4 TDs
Marvin Harrison - 20 games, 5.9 rec, 80.6 yds, 0.7 TDs
Larry Fitzgerald - 4 games, 4.3 rec, 55.5 yds, 0.75 TDs
Hines Ward - 9 games, 4.6 rec, 58.4 yds, 0.55 TDs
(BTW Hines was 2-7 vs Patriots, 0-2 in Playoffs. Talk about a chump)

Pretty sure Brown isn't the reason the Steelers have struggled against arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL.

As for Bell, he has fared worse but by no means terrible. Bell was nursing a groin injury for weeks that finally put him out of commission in the 1st quarter against the Patriots. In his 2 full games against the Patriots, Bell has averaged

18.5 carries
77.5 yards rushing
4.2 ypc
7 receptions
66.5 rec yards
0TDs

Last edited:
Reactions: lilspainishflea

Hell yes they back it, you're a moron, I had the Steelers/Ravens XMAS Day game saved on DVR, the 1 hour NFLN version. My God, go watch it Bell and Brown F'ING CARRIED the team on that furious comeback, they DESERVED to be dancing their asses off and gangsta rapping about it, so they didn't beat NE, they did enough to be top NFL stars on a top 2016 NFL team. So they aren't Brady, they are Ovechkin then. You just hate them because you're a stupid old school Yinzer who thinks nobody should say anything positive about themselves.

Why do STUPID YINZERS care if anyone runs their mouth? I like it, I like someone having the balls to go all Joe Namath and say they are going to win, EVEN IF THEY DON'T, I like CONFIDENCE, being overly modest is COWARDICE, you're SCARED to put anything out there in case you FAIL.

I like when Joe Namath gets drunk pre game and tells female announcers during an interview that he wants to kiss them

Still no answer.

My answer is none. My answer is that you're a moron if you think you can judge an athelete's character based on a few public statements. My answer is none and only morons look to professional atheletes to uphold any standard for good or moral behavior.

My answer is none. My answer is that you're a moron if you think you can judge an athelete's character based on a few public statements. My answer is none and only morons look to professional atheletes to uphold any standard for good or moral behavior.

Answered like a child.
Few public statements... more of the same. If your son or daughter was married to professional athelete you would be ok with that behavior, or is it integrity is not part of your lifestyle. If no, I fully understand.

Answered like a child.
Few public statements... more of the same. If your son or daughter was married to professional athelete you would be ok with that behavior, or is it integrity is not part of your lifestyle. If no, I fully understand.

You are slow.

I don't know any of these athletes beyond their public statements. To make judgements about their values and morals based solely on those public statements is moronic.

Re-read your OP. You absolutely wrote the Steelers were chumps. It's in the title of the thread.

Reactions: andypappas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT