ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between Champions and Chumps on full display in Pittsburgh Steelers vs Pens

My answer is none. My answer is that you're a moron if you think you can judge an athelete's character based on a few public statements. My answer is none and only morons look to professional atheletes to uphold any standard for good or moral behavior.
Professional athletes aren't good baby sitters, I'd imagine. If I had to choose though, I'm not letting my kids in the same neighborhood as bell. AB would probably be fun, Sid would probably be safest.

You are slow.

I don't know any of these athletes beyond their public statements. To make judgements about their values and morals based solely on those public statements is moronic.

I know Sid personally.. you don't have to know Brown or Bell to figure who or what they are.. are you passing judgement... on me! Run forest run... don't mind ski he's just the local idiot.

To your slow comment.. I've run a sub 4:20 mile and well under 2:45 marathon.. if you can comprehend the reply.. I'm certain you'll respond in a fashionable way(not attire related)..

Reactions: paulbl99
Professional athletes aren't good baby sitters, I'd imagine. If I had to choose though, I'm not letting my kids in the same neighborhood as bell. AB would probably be fun, Sid would probably be safest.
27, thanks for an honest answer that ski cannot.

Reactions: paulbl99
Answered like a child.
Few public statements... more of the same. If your son or daughter was married to professional athelete you would be ok with that behavior, or is it integrity is not part of your lifestyle. If no, I fully understand.
I'd be OK with my daughter being married to people like them, I see absolutely nothing wrong with their behavior. I've behaved much worse than those guys myself.

hockey players fight and regularly get into scrums

you don't think there is any trash talk?

Hockey culture is basically moronic, in hockey, guys that start fights in games are considered "good character guys" how idiotic is that? And people cheer the "character" of thugs who start hockey fights, and get all bent out of shape over a guy doing a HARMLESS little dance after scoring a TD, what kind of stupidity is that?

I know Sid personally.. you don't have to know Brown or Bell to figure who or what they are.. are you passing judgement... on me! Run forest run... don't mind ski he's just the local idiot.

To your slow comment.. I've run a sub 4:20 mile and well under 2:45 marathon.. if you can comprehend the reply.. I'm certain you'll respond in a fashionable way(not attire related)..

Explain in detail WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE? Let's hear it!

I've run a 6:40 mile, never ran more than 3 miles at once and in 1976 ran a 5.2 40.

Hockey culture is basically moronic, in hockey, guys that start fights in games are considered "good character guys" how idiotic is that? And people cheer the "character" of thugs who start hockey fights, and get all bent out of shape over a guy doing a HARMLESS little dance after scoring a TD, what kind of stupidity is that?
Who celebrates the character of hockey players to start fights? fighting such a small part of hockey now and thankfully I haven't seen the good fight and hockey in years

Who celebrates the character of hockey players to start fights? fighting such a small part of hockey now and thankfully I haven't seen the good fight and hockey in years

Very often hockey announcers will celebrate the character of people when they start fights, I've heard the comments often, about how you need these "good character guys" to "protect" your stars. But if someone throws a punch in a football game protecting his teammates they are thugs and immediately kicked out.

Very often hockey announcers will celebrate the character of people when they start fights, I've heard the comments often, about how you need these "good character guys" to "protect" your stars. But if someone throws a punch in a football game protecting his teammates they are thugs and immediately kicked out.
I'm not going to justify fighting in hockey because it's silly to be honest but it's more part of the game / culture than football. Fights in football are laughable though, throwing punches at guys with helmets on is beyond pointless.

But for the record, I'd have no problem with NHL banning fighting. Like I said before, it's more staged than based on emotion and these fights are more like baseball bench clearings where everyone just grabs and hugs each other.

but I think the topic here is Off the field behavior. you don't seem to hear about this criminal and immature behavior from hockey players as much is football players. drug test failings wife beatings and fights at bars etc.

I'm not going to justify fighting in hockey because it's silly to be honest but it's more part of the game / culture than football. Fights in football are laughable though, throwing punches at guys with helmets on is beyond pointless.

but I think the topic here is Off the field behavior. you don't seem to hear about this criminal and immature behavior from hockey players as much is football players. drug test failings wife beatings and fights at bars etc.

This thread was more specifically about Bell and AB, not NFL players in general. While Bell has been busted for a DUI smoking weed, that's it for him, and as far as off the field AB is an absolute choir boy, good citizen never a single infraction of any kind. So these 2 specific guys don't have extensive rap sheets.

Hockey fights are equally laughable guys struggling to stand while throwing punches as refs pretend to have urgency to break it up after watching for 30 seconds.

This thread was more specifically about Bell and AB, not NFL players in general. While Bell has been busted for a DUI smoking weed, that's it for him, and as far as off the field AB is an absolute choir boy, good citizen never a single infraction of any kind. So these 2 specific guys don't have extensive rap sheets.

Hockey fights are equally laughable guys struggling to stand while throwing punches as refs pretend to have urgency to break it up after watching for 30 seconds.
Bell is an idiot but I agree with your assessment on fights and hockey.

Not sure about your sense of urgency comment. I laugh when I see these refs just sit back and watch zero and give zero effort in breaking it up. it's almost as if they want to watch it and get a good view of it

Last edited:
Bell is an idiot but I agree with your assessment on fights and hockey
He's an idiot in the sense he got caught smoking weed, but otherwise he's done nothing even near being criminal, by his age I driven DUI 1000 times without being caught.

He's an idiot in the sense he got caught smoking weed, but otherwise he's done nothing even near being criminal, by his age I driven DUI 1000 times without being caught.
well he also posted a video admitting that he continued to smoke weed after the dui arrest.. not exactly a brilliant move on his part.. but he is paid to run a ball, not exactly a profession that demands intelligence..

\

So you're just caping up for Sid? Cool. I don't care.

Reactions: Jpripper88
This is such a stupid thing to get all defensive about. Hell, I'll give you the fact Sid is a great person, how does that equate to wanting him to watch your kid? He is a 30 year old dude with no kids. Being a nice guy doesn't qualify you in the slightest. In all honesty, AB seems like a great guy and has a couple kids of his own, who he is actually a father to, so at least he is experienced. He seems like the clear choice, if you ever entertained anything so stupid.

Reactions: Ski11585

unless you know someone who lost their life to a drunk/high driver...

unless you know someone who lost their life to a drunk/high driver...

But Bell and I never killed anyone, so F it I DON'T CARE! No big deal to me since I never killed anyone. If I ever do, then AND ONLY THEN will I feel bad.

But Bell and I never killed anyone, so F it I DON'T CARE! No big deal to me since I never killed anyone. If I ever do, then AND ONLY THEN will I feel bad.

selfish really but to be expected....
just hope it never hits home.. it's hit home in my family.. left twin boys under two years of age... but heck to quote you.. so F it I DON'T CARE !

selfish really but to be expected....
just hope it never hits home.. it's hit home in my family.. left twin boys under two years of age... but heck to quote you.. so F it I DON'T CARE !
Yup, because it wasn't me so I owe you nothing and owe nothing else to anyone either because I've done nothing to hurt anyone. I drove drunk in my younger days, like everyone else I knew did, I was never in an accident, so I feel zero guilt or regret for anything.

Wow. My god this thread just continues to get more stupid and bizarre each moment and right now I am reading it like it is the middle of next week.

Yup, because it wasn't me so I owe you nothing and owe nothing else to anyone either because I've done nothing to hurt anyone. I drove drunk in my younger days, like everyone else I knew did, I was never in an accident, so I feel zero guilt or regret for anything.

79, God forbid your daughter looses her best friend that way..maybe it will sink in, if not shame on you.

Just remember when you post crap about the Pats.

They got caught cheating 2 times.
I honestly don't really care about deflate gate, it's not something I think made much of a difference. Spy gate however, I will never have a single ounce of respect for them after that. It's absolutely ridiculous how that all went down. There is nothing in sports that could possibly give you any more of an advantage than that. It's insulting that anyone actually asked if New Orleans bounty gate was worse.

Brady is still the goat, hard to bring his legacy into that. But belichick should always have a huge asterisk next to his name. As great as he is, you can't bring his name up and just forget that ever happened. I don't think they needed to cheat to win, but they did it anyways. He flat out ruined the integrity of the game.

79, God forbid your daughter looses her best friend that way..maybe it will sink in, if not shame on you.
I always laugh at the typical "God Forbid" comments that accompany telling the TRUTH that you had previously driven drunk with no incident having occurred :)

I always laugh at the typical "God Forbid" comments that accompany telling the TRUTH that you had previously driven drunk with no incident having occurred :)
pitt79, we've all done it and most of us have gotten away with it. maybe a dui here or there but we got away with it. probably best not to make light of it though, a lot of people, children have died, very sad. im all for immature, comical posts making light of anything and everything but best to avoid laughing at drunk driving..

lets just move on and argue about something else. I think somewhere in this thread or another, I said most nfl players are thugs. we can argue about racial undertones in the word thug, maybe argue about white hockey players vs black nfl players and which group we'd rather have as neighbors, babysitting our kids, and have it evolve into a political thing.. That sounds like fun, huh?

pitt79, we've all done it and most of us have gotten away with it. maybe a dui here or there but we got away with it. probably best not to make light of it though, a lot of people, children have died, very sad. im all for immature, comical posts making light of anything and everything but best to avoid laughing at drunk driving..

lets just move on and argue about something else. I think somewhere in this thread or another, I said most nfl players are thugs. we can argue about racial undertones in the word thug, maybe argue about white hockey players vs black nfl players and which group we'd rather have as neighbors, babysitting our kids, and have it evolve into a political thing.. That sounds like fun, huh?

my Nephews lost their Dad to a drunk driver... serious stuff to me !
79, nothing comical about it.

my Nephews lost their Dad to a drunk driver... serious stuff to me !
79, nothing comical about it.

That wasn't me that killed anyone, so I feel nothing in the way of guilt for having driven drunk 20-30 years ago.

Sometimes it's easy to forget what a piece of trash Pitt79 is. Then he either goes into rape apologist mode or brags about drunk driving.

What a great, empathetic human being.

That wasn't me that killed anyone, so I feel nothing in the way of guilt for having driven drunk 20-30 years ago.
Sometimes it's easy to forget what a piece of trash Pitt79 is. Then he either goes into rape apologist mode or brags about drunk driving.

if I ever was on the bubble.. 79 is garbage and certain he'll respond with another respectable comment.

YUP...

1) ANY MAN'S word is AS GOOD AS ANY WOMAN'S word. If a woman says "he did it" and a man says "I didn't", then I NEED ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE for any decision, because you can't just take a woman's word and discount a man's word, that would be sexist and enough men's lives have been ruined by bs like that.

2) telling the truth is not bragging, and I honestly don't regret drinking and driving oh so many years ago, BECAUSE NOTHING BAD HAPPENED... I'm not going to beat myself up over hypotheticals, like wht MIGHT OF happened.

I'm just reasonable, rather than emotional like some of you.

YUP...

1) ANY MAN'S word is AS GOOD AS ANY WOMAN'S word. If a woman says "he did it" and a man says "I didn't", then I NEED ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE for any decision, because you can't just take a woman's word and discount a man's word, that would be sexist and enough men's lives have been ruined by bs like that.

2) telling the truth is not bragging, and I honestly don't regret drinking and driving oh so many years ago, BECAUSE NOTHING BAD HAPPENED... I'm not going to beat myself up over hypotheticals, like wht MIGHT OF happened.

I'm just reasonable, rather than emotional like some of you.

100% reasonable to see a widow and two infants in front of a casket emotional ...

100% reasonable to see a widow and two infants in front of a casket emotional ...
And also 100% reasonable to feel not a damn thing negative about myself since I never cause any such thing to happen personally. I've never hurt anyone, I have no obligation to feel shame or be upset at myself for anything like this.

You have really become a mean spirited human being. Always resorting to name calling and labeling of those you disagree with.

Why?

Last edited:
And also 100% reasonable to feel not a damn thing negative about myself since I never cause any such thing to happen personally. I've never hurt anyone, I have no obligation to feel shame or be upset at myself for anything like this.

To make certain... if you see hurt you feel no shame ?

You have really become a mean spirited human being. Always resorting to name calling and labeling of those you disagree with.

Why?

I've always been a misanthrope. In the age of Trump, I've decided to follow his lead and do away with humoring people. Pitt79 has a history of bragging about his amoral behavior on here. I see no benefit for me by humoring him.

You've become a whiny, petulant victim lately. Always crying about some perceived slight. We've both changed. Why?

To make certain... if you see hurt you feel no shame ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT, if I didn't cause it directly, I have no reason to be ashamed, the actual person that killed those people should be ashamed, but not me, I didn't kill anyone.

I don't see why it's that hard to understand? I wouldn't apologize for slavery either, none of my ancestors set foot in the USA until at least 60 years after the Emancipation Proclamation, they never owned slaves and neither have I, so I have nothing to apologize for.

It's all pretty logical IMO.

I've always been a misanthrope. In the age of Trump, I've decided to follow his lead and do away with humoring people. Pitt79 has a history of bragging about his amoral behavior on here. I see no benefit for me by humoring him.

You've become a whiny, petulant victim lately. Always crying about some perceived slight. We've both changed. Why?
I blame steel_curtain

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT