ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between SEC explained in one tweet

Pro town vs college town. We rely on the owner to go out and get the best players and coaches. They say the hell with the owner and go out and get the players and coaches themselves.

I have to imagine something of that magnitude was on the way pre-Toledo and it's just a coincidence. Cause that would be one hell of a knee-jerk reaction.
Maybe the guy that wrote the $8 mill check after sitting there in his trailer watching the game and getting all pissed off only has $5000 to his name.

hell anyone can bounce a check... :cool:

Maybe the guy that wrote the $8 mill check after sitting there in his trailer watching the game and getting all pissed off only has $5000 to his name.

hell anyone can bounce a check... :cool:
I have a relative that works in athletic advancement at a university and this absolutely happens. Maybe your example is a little extreme in terms of the numbers, but this does occur.

A bad loss doesn’t even have to be recent for Pitt fans to avoid donating. They are more than happy to justify a lack of support based on a loss to Toledo 21 years ago let alone a week ago.

Why donate to a school that says they can't afford their own stadium and don't have space for it, but then goes and commits $400 million for non revenue sports? People will bring sand to a beach to keep it nice.

I watched the Toledo/Miss State game last night. The score could easily have been much worse. Toledo dominated from start to finish. That's the danger of tempo if your offense can't move the sticks and your defense can't get off the field.

It's tough to be on your 3rd coach in 3 years. That program has really faced a lot of adversity. But they have to be better than this. Lebby's offense shows occasional flashes. Long term, I think they will be okay on that side of the ball. There really are no words to describe just how atrocious they are defensively. If they don't play better on Saturday, they will get ran by Florida. Other than UMass, I don't see another game they are capable of winning on this year's schedule. The Egg Bowl is going to be ugly this year.

8 million from an anonymous donor family in the poorest state in the US? Don't get me wrong, I wish Pitt could get more big donations, but I am also glad we don't compete in the SEC.

If everyone donated like TheSpecialSauce we would be alright. He thinks every cent of one's disposal income should go toward this stuff and then gives out "An Alliance 412 donation has been made in your name" vouchers out on Christmas (legit ones, unlike what Costanza did). He sits on a cold floor all winter and eats nothing but peas out of a can so 3-stars can have fun in the South Side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT