ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

I called this a month ago .
He’s guaranteed a massive payday , regardless.
He’s only hoping for one last gasp at a post season , so he can step in .
He’s not gonna play until then .
Tomlin doesn't work like that. I know that this place is Tomlin Hate Central, but nobody really believes that Wilson will just sit until late in the year and Tomlin will hand him the keys. That is not how he works.

Reactions: Steeltheone
It amazes me how many people want to disrespect Ben? I seriously think if he hadn't joined the team they would still be selling "One for the Thumb" t shirts at the Steelers Store, not that he did it alone, but his contributions where integral to winning championships, and we can all see the depressing level this team's offense has sunk to without him.
Ben was just such a total prick, in a small town, where the team is under the electron microscope. I had a number of personal and professional interactions with him myself, and he was a dickhead. Later, after he got married, he seemed like maybe he had turned the corner a bit, but then the pettiness afterwards towards his successors convinced me that once a prick/dick, always a prick/dick, at least in his case.

Tomlin doesn't work like that. I know that this place is Tomlin Hate Central, but nobody really believes that Wilson will just sit until late in the year and Tomlin will hand him the keys. That is not how he works.
I like Tomlin enough
But why not ?
He’s only getting paid $1,2mil this season - he’s free to them

It amazes me how many people want to disrespect Ben? I seriously think if he hadn't joined the team they would still be selling "One for the Thumb" t shirts at the Steelers Store, not that he did it alone, but his contributions where integral to winning championships, and we can all see the depressing level this team's offense has sunk to without him.
What’s disrespectful ?
Early on he had a great team around him, so they could protect him .
He was able to learn the game and be protected with a great running game and defense .
That’s just reality

I mean Kordell got to afc championships too

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Ben was just such a total prick, in a small town, where the team is under the electron microscope. I had a number of personal and professional interactions with him myself, and he was a dickhead. Later, after he got married, he seemed like maybe he had turned the corner a bit, but then the pettiness afterwards towards his successors convinced me that once a prick/dick, always a prick/dick, at least in his case.

People don't change (or very, very few). If they're stubborn, lazy, hot headed, snobby, a jackass, obnoxious, self centered, chances are they'll always be that way.

I've said this before, go to a high school reunion and talk to some people and you'll see what I mean. Go talk to the hot snobby b+tch in your class and you'll see she's the same. She'll tell you that she's been married a couple of times and divorced and you won't be shocked at all. Talk to the biggest jerk and you'll see he's been divorced a couple of times and fired from multiple jobs. You'll leave saying pittmeister was right.... 🤷‍♂️

What’s disrespectful ?
Early on he had a great team around him, so they could protect him .
He was able to learn the game and be protected with a great running game and defense .
That’s just reality

I mean Kordell got to afc championships too
Kordell was a talented player. He was Lamar Jackson before Lamar Jackson. He could make every throw. Lamar is great using the middle of the field but sub par everywhere else. The overlooked fact of the matter is that Kordell essentially played for a new OC every year and that matters. OC’s, systems and continuity are massive for a QBs success. But some people expect lots of TD passes from QBs who have none of that.

How in the heck is what Bobcat said disrespectful to Ben? Ben was an uber talented player who spent his developmental years on a team loaded with All Pros and HOFers around him. Nothing disrespectful about that whatsoever. And because of that, he was able to develop into a HOF QB who actually won a Super Bowl with a bad offensive line because he was that darn good.

And as far as a person, it’s ok to disrespect him as a person, because Ben disrespected humanity. He was and is a first class jerk. The Steelers would probably have another title or two if he wasn’t. He brought us two super bowls and is praised for that. But acting like a tool on a motorcycle cost the Steelers one year, and his arrogance cost the Steelers plenty of others because he was an unlikable arrogant ahole who never met a film room that he liked….or more than 5 teammates who liked him.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Jackson is an elite running back playing quarterback. Late night showed once again he’s average at best as a passing qb. He missed a number of easy throws for TDS
Every QB misses throws the Ravens Oline is worst than the Steelers and they were a toe from tying the score. Jackson is a better than average passer his numbers back that up.

Reactions: Ski11585
Jackson is a better than average passer his numbers back that up.
True, until play-off time. Numbers back-up average play in the play-offs , 6 games, 6 TD passes, 6 Int.s, Passer rating of 75.7 or so. But, I would bet on his continued improvement in the play-offs.

I don't give a sh!t about whether he's a good person or not, I'm talking ONLY, ONLY, ONLY about what he did ON THE FIELD, I don't want to be his friend, I don't want to have a beer with him, I don't care if he's a role model, I just want him to be a good QB, a TV SHOW CHARACTER,THAT I ENJOY WATCHING PERFORM ON THE FIELD. I'd rather have an A=hole that can play than a nice guy that sucks.

How in the heck is what Bobcat said disrespectful to Ben? Ben was an uber talented player who spent his developmental years on a team loaded with All Pros and HOFers around him. Nothing disrespectful about that whatsoever. And because of that, he was able to develop into a HOF QB who actually won a Super Bowl with a bad offensive line because he was that darn good.

And as far as a person, it’s ok to disrespect him as a person, because Ben disrespected humanity. He was and is a first class jerk. The Steelers would probably have another title or two if he wasn’t. He brought us two super bowls and is praised for that. But acting like a tool on a motorcycle cost the Steelers one year, and his arrogance cost the Steelers plenty of others because he was an unlikable arrogant ahole who never met a film room that he liked….or more than 5 teammates who liked him.
So he got into a motorcycle wreck? When I'm off work, I do WTF I want.

I don't give a sh!t about whether he's a good person or not, I'm talking ONLY, ONLY, ONLY about what he did ON THE FIELD, I don't want to be his friend, I don't want to have a beer with him, I don't care if he's a role model, I just want him to be a good QB, a TV SHOW CHARACTER,THAT I ENJOY WATCHING PERFORM ON THE FIELD. I'd rather have an A=hole that can play than a nice guy that sucks.
You don’t think his attitude or off field demeanor, the way he interacted with his teammates, etc., had any impact on on-field performance?

So he got into a motorcycle wreck? When I'm off work, I do WTF I want.
Not when you’re an NFL player and a member of a team. Pretty sure those guy’s contractually are not allowed to partake in activities outside of work that could be detrimental to the teams investment in them and their value to the team. Skiing and skateboarding may be examples of that. And it’s too long ago, but I want to say that there was some kind of scuttlebutt about him being on the motorcycle to begin with…let alone acting like a complete a$$hole and partaking in buffoonery while on it that put him at risk, and almost took his life AND ruined his teams next season.

And you didn’t answer my question. How is factually stating the on the field support he had around him during his developmental years disrespecting him?

The NFL is all about talent and unless you’re on the FBI’s most wanted list you’re playing .

Winning championships isn’t solely won by the Qb , otherwise Dan Marino would have won quite a few !

I know everything’s Tomlin’s fault , but Don Shula HOF coach never won a championship with Marino go figure one of the best coaches and QBs of all time with zero Super Bowls .

Anyone thinking Wilson is dogging it is nuts , he and his bride have more money than they can ever spend . He’s a competitor and he’s wants to prove he’s still got it . I sure hope he does !

Listen, I can admit that Ben delivered us multiple super bowls, which Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox and Neil O'Donnell and Mike Tomczak and Bubby Brister and whoever else was our QB during the 90s and early 2000s couldn't do. But I also think that say if Phillip Rivers was drafted by Steelers in 2004 instead of Roethlisberger, I have a feeling the Rivers would have led us to some super bowls because the Steelers during that stretch were a super bowl team. I don't necessarily think Roethlisberger on the Chargers would have got them over the hump if Rivers couldn't have gotten them over the hump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Not when you’re an NFL player and a member of a team. Pretty sure those guy’s contractually are not allowed to partake in activities outside of work that could be detrimental to the teams investment in them and their value to the team. Skiing and skateboarding may be examples of that. And it’s too long ago, but I want to say that there was some kind of scuttlebutt about him being on the motorcycle to begin with…let alone acting like a complete a$$hole and partaking in buffoonery while on it that put him at risk, and almost took his life AND ruined his teams next season.

And you didn’t answer my question. How is factually stating the on the field support he had around him during his developmental years disrespecting him?
There's a whole group of anti Ben fans who want to discredit him because they don't like him personally. Fact is, he's the best QB the Steelers aver had and a hall of famer, that's good enough, he did enough

Kenny can’t force a trade .
Steelers wanted a reboot
Also why Mason is gone and they cut Mitch with dead cap space
I didn't say he could. Had he not requested one, he'd still be here. According to Kenny anyway. Maybe you think he likes go protect the Steelers.

Mitch and Rudolph were already gone. Both were free agents. It was Russ and Kenny and they needed a cheap QB3. Don't revise history.

The whole point, which I don't think you could've missed was you claimed to know the future. If you did, you should've told Kenny to tough it out so he could've played yesterday. Then we could at least talk about how bad the OC, OL, WRs, TEs, and RBs were yesterday because they could score a single TD. As it stands, it was all apparently Fields fault. Everything else was apparently already resolved.

Hot take…Steelers should have got Baker Mayfield when they had the chance.
Cleveland should have kept him, but they're the Browns and do what the Browns do.

Watson has been a disaster, and it certainly looks like it isn't going to get any better. To top it off, he's only $172m in dead cap space after this year... :oops:

Reactions: pittbb80
Cleveland should have kept him, but they're the Browns and do what the Browns do.

Watson has been a disaster, and it certainly looks like it isn't going to get any better. To top it off, he's only $172m in dead cap space after this year... :oops:
It's amazing how consistently they can make huge mistakes.

I didn't say he could. Had he not requested one, he'd still be here. According to Kenny anyway. Maybe you think he likes go protect the Steelers.

Mitch and Rudolph were already gone. Both were free agents. It was Russ and Kenny and they needed a cheap QB3. Don't revise history.

The whole point, which I don't think you could've missed was you claimed to know the future. If you did, you should've told Kenny to tough it out so he could've played yesterday. Then we could at least talk about how bad the OC, OL, WRs, TEs, and RBs were yesterday because they could score a single TD. As it stands, it was all apparently Fields fault. Everything else was apparently already resolved.
Not revising anything
Russ wouldn’t sign if he had to compete for the starter role .
So Steelers made a business decision.
Rather have a free qb for a year than upset that free qb .

Not revising anything
Russ wouldn’t sign if he had to compete for the starter role .
So Steelers made a business decision.
Rather have a free qb for a year than upset that free qb .
This doesn't disagree with anything I said. WILSON WAS OUT YESTERDAY. So even if he was guaranteed to be starter, Pickett would've played yesterday had he just not asked to leave. There were no plans to bring in Fields had KP not done that.

You said you knew Wilson wouldn't be playing. So if you knew that Nostradamus, you should have told Kenny so you could've helped salvage his career.

This doesn't disagree with anything I said. WILSON WAS OUT YESTERDAY. So even if he was guaranteed to be starter, Pickett would've played yesterday had he just not asked to leave. There were no plans to bring in Fields had KP not done that.

You said you knew Wilson wouldn't be playing. So if you knew that Nostradamus, you should have told Kenny so you could've helped salvage his career.
Kenny didn’t ask me
And Russ wouldn’t sign for free if he had to actually compete .
Steelers took a chance .
I’m not worried about Kenny’s career
He’ll be fine and in the nfl a long time .

Kenny didn’t ask me
And Russ wouldn’t sign for free if he had to actually compete .
Steelers took a chance .
I’m not worried about Kenny’s career
He’ll be fine and in the nfl a long time .
Again, that doesn't contradict anything I said.

Kenny didn't have to ask you. Since you can see the future, surely you could've sent him a DM on X with this life changing information without any prior solicitation.

The Steelers could've told RW and KP that RW was going to be the guaranteed starter and KP still would've started yesterday. You knew that ahead of time remember? The rest of us just found out yesterday. You did KP no favors by keeping this all to yourself.

It's going to be hard for him to ever make it back from a backup unless he moves on from Philly. Hurts is younger than KP and has a huge contract. KP is already successful for Earth, just not the NFL. But hey, you can see the future so no sense in arguing over that!

I understand what you are saying. I don't regret his Super Bowl performances, of course, but I'd rather it was someone else.

Kenny didn't have to ask you. Since you can see the future, surely you could've sent him a DM on X with this life changing information without any prior solicitation.

The Steelers could've told RW and KP that RW was going to be the guaranteed starter and KP still would've started yesterday. You knew that ahead of time remember? The rest of us just found out yesterday. You did KP no favors by keeping this all to yourself.

It's going to be hard for him to ever make it back from a backup unless he moves on from Philly. Hurts is younger than KP and has a huge contract. KP is already successful for Earth, just not the NFL. But hey, you can see the future so no sense in arguing over that!
Buddy - you keep believing Kenny demanded a trade.
No skin off my nose that you’re wrong .
Notice not a single “source” has actually asked Kenny ?
Nah - just believe the stiller pr spin .
Also why Mason wasn’t resigned for cheap again as a backup .

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
I have said repeatedly that he can't informed asking for a trade in his first press conference as an Eagle. It's literally on video. I've also said that I'm only going off of his own words. Just try to not ignore my posts when you're responding to them.

Mason has nothing to do with this. Go start that argument with someone else.

You really did Kenny dirty on this one.

KP will have his opportunities. QBs move around a lot. And he needs some brain bleach and time anyway. He spent too much time under bad coaching taking hits behind a bad line. Canada was a miracle worker in his one year at Pitt, but no one here would have picked him to groom a pro quarterback and install a quality NFL passing game. Most head coaches would never have survived that whole affair.

I find this while quarterback circus amusing and a complete validation that Mike Tomlin is a horrible coach. All he is doing is setting up his team to form factions again. Either Russ is the starter or he is not. If he is well enough to play let him play and I don't even like Russ. But this constant manipulation of words and head games with your quarterback is not good for the team. All this drama looks way too familiar and reminds me why I don't root for this team anymore.

I find this while quarterback circus amusing and a complete validation that Mike Tomlin is a horrible coach. All he is doing is setting up his team to form factions again. Either Russ is the starter or he is not. If he is well enough to play let him play and I don't even like Russ. But this constant manipulation of words and head games with your quarterback is not good for the team. All this drama looks way too familiar and reminds me why I don't root for this team anymore.
100% agree. It will be just like the last two years without a clear cut starter. Not sure if this matters but Fields compensation moves from a 6th to a 4th round pick if he starts 8 games

Reactions: 303vND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT