ADVERTISEMENT

Dior Johnson

I’d take JC over Dior or Hugley. Bigs are a luxury and Dior has tons of red flags.

that’s fair.. but that’s the top 3 without argument. I think there’s a distinct line between those 3 and the rest of the bunch. Dior has red flags and certainly worth the concern but the upside is absurd. Maybe he bails in 3 months. Who knows. Maybe he doesn’t. What I do know is he and Hugley running a 2 man game is virtually unstoppable.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
that’s fair.. but that’s the top 3 without argument. I think there’s a distinct line between those 3 and the rest of the bunch. Dior has red flags and certainly worth the concern but the upside is absurd. Maybe he bails in 3 months. Who knows. Maybe he doesn’t. What I do know is he and Hugley running a 2 man game is virtually unstoppable.
I don’t think that’s necessarily Hugley’s strong suit but ok.

Dior is absolutely the most talented panther in 10 or so years. No denying that

I don’t think that’s necessarily Hugley’s strong suit but ok.

Dior is absolutely the most talented panther in 10 or so years. No denying that

Hugley rolling to the rim or posting up after getting a mismatch isn’t his strong suit? Come on man.

I guess where there is smoke there is fire, with this CB and with what some of y'all already know, this looks pretty good and instantly raises our program. H2P

No doubt. I mean, nothing is a slam dunk with Pitt basketball right now. But I thought there was a good chance Robert Morris would have a comparable roster to us this season. Before Johnson, I credited this staff for assembling a roster that made the anticipation for this coming season interesting. With this addition, I would ratchet "interest" up to "exciting". Again, I almost expect this to blow up royally by February, if not before then. But at least we're giving ourselves a puncher's chance to be a good team this year.

ron-burgundy-escalated-quickly.gif

We got 2 crystal ball predictions and he is making his decision today.

Yeah is that a good thing? He’s committed to 3 schools and went to 10 HS’s. I’d rather he just put his head down and work and let play do the talking but I’m old man yelling at cloud I guess
Yes it's a good thing. He might transfer in 2 minutes from now. But I'll take that

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
As a Pitt “fan” I’m happy to have some hope for this season. Of course this doesn’t guarantee that he will stay a long time, but you’re allowed to be happy with his decision to attend Pitt. Some of you are constantly negative about every single thing. There will be plenty of time to be miserable in 2023 if things aren’t going well.

I thought I read a tweet by Dokish a little while ago that indicated the coaching staff was not even aware that Pitt made his top 3. I didn't think things like this were possible! :D

I thought I read a tweet by Dokish a little while ago that indicated the coaching staff was not even aware that Pitt made his top 3. I didn't think things like this were possible! :D
I wonder if he meant that the staff did not know Pitt made his top 3 "when" he decided to pick his top 3. Wasn't that a few days ago?

This is certainly good news, but I wonder if all of the other guards we brought in decide to still stick around now?

You can play a 9-10 man rotation and ramp up the intensity on the defensive end. There is no reason to hold back when you have depth. Competition also brings out the best in players.
Yup, all of this! We haven't been in this kind of competitive position for years. Let the dogs fight it out!

This is (some of) the context regarding my post about who to thank for the NIL; there have been reports that boosters have been securing players that the coaches of their teams weren’t not even interested to have.

You can play a 9-10 man rotation and ramp up the intensity on the defensive end. There is no reason to hold back when you have depth. Competition also brings out the best in players.
Agreed and I'm sure that's what the staff is selling too, but such a theory and the reality of today's college sports world with free movement don't always align.

Would be amazing to have so much depth, so here is hoping it all works out.

This is certainly good news, but I wonder if all of the other guards we brought in decide to still stick around now?
That's a good question. If
the other guards do decide
to stay he gives us six
guards and that doesn't
include Santos. Even if
they do all decide to stay
keeping them happy is
not going to be easy with
reduced minutes.

I haven't seen him play,
but he clearly is a real
talent given his rating
and reviews. Ok Capel,
I've said all along it's
AVERAGE talent. This
obviously changes that.
Let's see what you can
do with this. I hope
you can make an
effective, cohesive
team out of this mix.

Reactions: FireballZ
That's a good question. If
the other guards do decide
to stay he gives us six
guards and that doesn't
include Santos. Even if
they do all decide to stay
keeping them happy is
not going to be easy with
reduced minutes.

I haven't seen him play,
but he clearly is a real
talent given his rating
and reviews. Ok Capel,
I've said all along it's
AVERAGE talent. This
obviously changes that.
Let's see what you can
do with this. I hope
you can make an
effective, cohesive
team out of this mix.
Managing egos has not exactly been a strong suit the past 4 years. Here's hoping we've learned a thing or two. Good problem to have!

Reactions: Chescat
He had Washington before yet committed to Oregon. Backs off that commitment to put Washington State on his list. Even if he committed to Pitt there is no way you could trust he stays more than a weekend.
Lets hope he stays more than a weekend...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT