ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespected

pbrad

Sophomore
Sep 27, 2009
The team and coaches have been disrespected in statements following the respective games twice now out of 4 games. I can't see that sitting well with Dooz, but at the same time does he do anything to change things........lets see.

Reactions: Nationalchamps1
Well Narduzzi shouldn't whine about the other teams either. He whined that GT's oline blocks illegally, and that their WR pushes off. He sounds like a whiney b!tch. He should worry about what his team is doing and try to improve the deficits. That should keep him pretty busy.

A lot of whiney bitches are posting on this site. When a new staff tries to resurrect the dead, and lets face it, after all the crap that went down in the prior several years, this program was in the tank. Don't give me the crap that the guy now at whisky was going to solve our problems, the only position he actually did well recruiting was ol, now take a close look at our Jr. class our red shirt Jr. class and our true seniors and red shirt seniors and they are all the remnants of coach christ. THOSE are the guys we are getting nothing from now.

Reactions: Las Panteras
The team and coaches have been disrespected in statements following the respective games twice now out of 4 games. I can't see that sitting well with Dooz, but at the same time does he do anything to change things........lets see.
They were not disrespected by GT. They are not a good team. They are not remotely close to being a good team. If GT played like they did against us, against a good team, there is no doubt they would lose. It wasn't a shot. It wasn't disrespectful. It was true.

A lot of whiney bitches are posting on this site. When a new staff tries to resurrect the dead, and lets face it, after all the crap that went down in the prior several years, this program was in the tank. Don't give me the crap that the guy now at whisky was going to solve our problems, the only position he actually did well recruiting was ol, now take a close look at our Jr. class our red shirt Jr. class and our true seniors and red shirt seniors and they are all the remnants of coach christ. THOSE are the guys we are getting nothing from now.

Not sure you are interested in being fair, but the program was not dead when Pat took over for Paul. It was a 7 or 8 win a year program that got a minor bowl bid each year. Appears Pitt still has not returned even to the level attained under Harris or Wannstedt. Ugh. Pat deserves more time. It is very tough being a Pitt fan. Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty
Not sure you are interested in being fair, but the program was not dead when Pat took over for Paul. It was a 7 or 8 win a year program that got a minor bowl bid each year. Appears Pitt still has not returned even to the level attained under Harris or Wannstedt. Ugh. Pat deserves more time. It is very tough being a Pitt fan. Hail to Pitt!
Revisionist history is necessary for plenty

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty

We might be worse off now, Duzz is recruiting worse than those before him!

100% correct

Revisionist history is necessary for plenty

What precisely was revision here? Both Walt and Dave when they left Pitt had teams that were winning and going to bowl games each year. Chryst also had the team winning and going to minor bowls. Pat so far, has done the same--although this year may be in jeopardy. The point is, Pitt despite a ton of changes, has not really improved beyond what was mediocrity, which was ultimately rejected by the fans and administration. Hail to Pitt!

What precisely was revision here? Both Walt and Dave when they left Pitt had teams that were winning and going to bowl games each year. Chryst also had the team winning and going to minor bowls. Pat so far, has done the same--although this year may be in jeopardy. The point is, Pitt despite a ton of changes, has not really improved beyond what was mediocrity, which was ultimately rejected by the fans and administration. Hail to Pitt!

I was agreeing with you, and commenting on how others are pretending things were a mess.
They weren't for pat.

If anything, Chryst inherited a dumpster fire and solidified things.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I was agreeing with you, and commenting on how others are pretending things were a mess.
They weren't for pat.

If anything, Chryst inherited a dumpster fire and solidified things.

Agree that the program was in worse shape when Chryst took over versus the state when Narduzzi took over. That said, do not count me in the ranks of people suggesting Pitt fire yet another coach and start over once again. I say you give Pat two more years, then make a decision. Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Pitt is going to take their lumps this year, no doubt. However as the OP says Narduzzi has to figure out how to get better and respond with wins next season.

What we saw last year was him being successful with the prior coach's recruits. The defense sucked because they were not as talented as the O recruits. Now Narduzzi's guys are facing a learning curve because most of them are FR and sophomores. If next season starts this way then we start talking about potential HC replacements. In the meantime we suffer. 1-3 is not what we wanted but it wasn't unreasonable to expect it.

Agree that the program was in worse shape when Chryst took over versus the state when Narduzzi took over. That said, do not count me in the ranks of people suggesting Pitt fire yet another coach and start over once again. I say you give Pat two more years, then make a decision. Hail to Pitt!
I agree

It would be much easier to look forward to the future if recruiting was a bright spot, but it isn't. Yes he gets two more years in my book as well

If recruiting is the problem and it is to an extent, where is the next coach going to get all the 4 and 5 star recruits that people think are lining up to come to Pitt . When they have not been coming for the past , forever. This is not Alabama.

I think PC deserves credit for turning things around, but he greatly benefitted from the sanctions PS was supposed to be getting at that time. There were 3-4 good recruits that we landed that probably would have went to PS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT