ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Ukelele……

thebadby2

Athletic Director
Sep 21, 2003
ufw96uhnloj4pbp7neo25j66c5qj
Better start working on his slider and his 4 seamer. He sure as hell ain’t gonna make a living throwing a football.

Reactions: tps48
Clemson & FSU are exhibit A & B that if you don’t have a QB you don’t have s chance of winning.

QB is everything.

i had to watch spencer petras play quarterbacck for a whole half wearing a helmet that was supposed to look like a cow this weekend

DJ U can't be that bad can he

Clemson & FSU are exhibit A & B that if you don’t have a QB you don’t have s chance of winning.

QB is everything.
FSU is lacking a lot more than a serviceable QB.

Can’t speak to Clemson I only saw a little of that one and UGA is by far the strongest team in college football.

I will say this, Dabo’s race is run. He Won’t be sniffing a NC again. Ever.

Reactions: cashisking884

Can’t speak to Clemson I only saw a little of that one and UGA is by far the strongest team in college football.

It's remarkable he refuses to ever use the portal. Insane really. Only Army, Navy and Air Force didn't use the portal other than Clemson. Weird stand to take...

It's remarkable he refuses to ever use the portal. Insane really. Only Army, Navy and Air Force didn't use the portal other than Clemson. Weird stand to take...
It’s gonna get him fired eventually.

I agree with his stance on the issue, but it’s cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

You’re right, FSU is a bad football team. Their tackling is poor, their QB stinks, Their D-Line is getting no push. They have problems…

As far as Clemson is concerned, they have no QB. They can’t move the ball. It’s easier to win when you have Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawerence…. They need to get back to basics ( run ball and play better defense).

You’re right, FSU is a bad football team. Their tackling is poor, their QB stinks, Their D-Line is getting no push. They have problems…

As far as Clemson is concerned, they have no QB. They can’t move the ball. It’s easier to win when you have Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawerence…. They need to get back to basics ( run ball and play better defense).
Without Brett Venables calling the D, Tony Elliott calling the O and elite QB play, turns out Clemson is just another team.

The QB isn't helping, but this isn't a very good football team. Boston College didn't even try to throw the ball because they're running all over that defense.

If you want to be entertained for a little bit, just search DJ Uiagalelei on twitter and scroll.

Reactions: pittmeister
Without Brett Venables calling the D, Tony Elliott calling the O and elite QB play, turns out Clemson is just another team.

Garrett Riley has never had problems with his offense moving the ball.

Clemson is still very good. They may not longer be an elite program, but they are still very good. UGA has a way of making a lot of teams look a lot worse than they really are.

Reactions: FireballZ
DJU is so bad. Like Jurkovec bad. Drew Allar bad. And they are paying him 7 figures. I dont get it. He was awful at Clemson and then had a decent season at Oregon State and FSU says "that's our guy."

Reactions: cease10

Clemson is still very good. They may not longer be an elite program, but they are still very good. UGA has a way of making a lot of teams look a lot worse than they really are.
It's weird how much worse he looks with Clemson compared to how he looked at TCU.

Well, until last year. They were middle of the pack offensively, that's not what he was brought there to produce. I know it will take him a minute to put in what he wants to do. I hear you about UGA. Like Bama in Saban's prime, they are a whole different kind of animal. But my point stands, it's not just QB, or OC at Clemson. That program is a shell of what it was in all facets. They don't have the coaches and they don't have the personnel anymore. They are "good" the way a borderline top 25 team is good.

Well, until last year. They were middle of the pack offensively, that's not what he was brought there to produce. I know it will take him a minute to put in what he wants to do. I hear you about UGA. Like Bama in Saban's prime, they are a whole different kind of animal. But my point stands, it's not just QB, or OC at Clemson. That program is a shell of what it was in all facets. They don't have the coaches and they don't have the personnel anymore. They are "good" the way a borderline top 25 team is good.

Clemson certainly doesn't have an elite QB and aren't as stacked with playmakers. They definitely aren't national title contenders. I think the jury is still out where they fall after that. I can easily see them going 11-1 and going to the ACC Championship game though. Dabi has hit a rough patch, but I think they are still a very good program.

he is a terrible qb. we saw it at clemson yet teams still go after him in the portal, i dont get it.

He will start using it this off season. No doubt in my mind.

He will start using it this off season. No doubt in my mind.

I dont think he will. He doesn't believe in it. He sells to HS players that he is going to develop them to play at Clemson and wont be scouring the portal for guys to come in and play over them.

DJU is so bad. Like Jurkovec bad. Drew Allar bad. And they are paying him 7 figures. I dont get it. He was awful at Clemson and then had a decent season at Oregon State and FSU says "that's our guy."

Drew Allar? He's going into his second year as a starter.

He's still a lot better than PJ was last year.

To be fair, FSU's problems are a lot more than DJU. They absolutely can't run the ball. They had some ugly drops last night too. DJU is just another problem in a long list of problems for the Noles.

Last edited:
I dont think he will. He doesn't believe in it. He sells to HS players that he is going to develop them to play at Clemson and wont be scouring the portal for guys to come in and play over them.
While I still think they have the best team in the ACC, I think getting manhandled by Georgia will cause him to change his beliefs. The game is passing him by. He needs to adapt if he wants Clemson to ever get back to where it was. Personally, I don't think that even using the portal will changes things much. Dabo was a product of a great coaching staff. Most of them are gone now.

FSU deserves this fate. They saw this guy play for their division rival and saw him struggle. Then decided it was a good idea to go get him after one decent season at Oregon State.

Drew Allar? He's going into his second year as a starter.

He's still a lot better than PJ was last year.

To be fair, FSU's problems are a lot more than DJU. They absolutely can't run the ball. They had some ugly drops last night too. DJU is just another problem in a long list of problems for the Noles.

Yea, Allar is horrendous. But he has elite talent around him and a very easy schedule. He's no better than Jurkovec or DJU.

While I still think they have the best team in the ACC, I think getting manhandled by Georgia will cause him to change his beliefs. The game is passing him by. He needs to adapt if he wants Clemson to ever get back to where it was. Personally, I don't think that even using the portal will changes things much. Dabo was a product of a great coaching staff. Most of them are gone now.

Maybe but I just dont see it. He's a new-age old-school coach. I almost think he'd rather get fired at Clemson than use the portal.

Clemson hung with UGA for a half. If you sub a Watson or Lawrence in for Klubnik, do you think you would still have that perception?

Reactions: 303vND
Clemson hung with UGA for a half. If you sub a Watson or Lawrence in for Klubnik, do you think you would still have that perception?
Hard to say, but I'm leaning towards yes. I'm thinking that Clemson's slide is a product of losing Brent Venables and Tony Elliott (and others like Streeter who wasn't that good of an OC, but was the QB coach for both Watson and Lawrence).

Yeah they dont appear to have the skill players they once had.

WOW...talk about an albatross contract - that's insane.
ALmost as bad as the Jimbo contract AM had to eat

By the way did Elko eat an Elk in the offseason or did he have that huge shit locker at Duke? I dont recall him being near as huge.

CLemson can offer big Nil Money and I think Dabo can recruit guys from other schools. Clemson has insane facilities and support.

CLemson can offer big Nil Money and I think Dabo can recruit guys from other schools. Clemson has insane facilities and support.
Don't get me wrong - they are always going to be good. But Dabo w/o his awesome staff < Dabo of the Watson/Lawrence years. And not using the portal makes it worse. They'll be a top 20 program for sure, maybe top 10 in most years. But I don't see them being a serious NC threat with the current staff and team building strategy.

Don't get me wrong - they are always going to be good. But Dabo w/o his awesome staff < Dabo of the Watson/Lawrence years. And not using the portal makes it worse. They'll be a top 20 program for sure, maybe top 10 in most years. But I don't see them being a serious NC threat with the current staff and team building strategy.
Yeah hard to say. He has to hit the portal first. Until he does that, he wont sniff a natty for sure.

FSU outgained on the ground 190-98 against Ga Tech and an incredible 263-21 against BC tonight. Almost unbelievable how bad their lines are on both sides of the ball. That isn’t going to be a quick fix.

This.

People can shit on DJI all they want. He's not very good, but he's not near as bad as people make him out to be. He's a mediocre college QB.

FSU has a lot of problems bigger than DJU. The Noles can't run the ball and they can't stop the run. Not sure if their problems are fixable this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT