ADVERTISEMENT

Does Not Look Good for Ignas

Read the same thing that basically we had good chance if he reclassified for 17 but chances went down with him staying in 18.

Sucks because he is a kid I would have loved to land.

I really think Pitt needs to show higher rated recruits that you can win coming here . Maybe a few upsets and some guys showing some real talent might make it easier in the future to recruit better players.

I would play for Beilein over Stallings all day everyday

Where would you go if you were an 18 y/o kid with game and with a great offer sheet ? Pitt ?

That's kind of an odd question. I mean I assume that a lot of us here went to Pitt, and I assume that at least a few other people here had other options. Even so, when I was 17 years old I chose Pitt.

That's kind of an odd question. I mean I assume that a lot of us here went to Pitt, and I assume that at least a few other people here had other options. Even so, when I was 17 years old I chose Pitt.
How many us had ten or twenty schools begging for us to go to their school ? For free no less , most likely with some nice extras ?
I choose Pitt over OSU and Miami for one reason .... MONEY . I was accepted to Penn , Pitt and Temple for dental school . Throw Temple out right off the bat due to being in a really rough section of Philly . I choose Pitt over Penn for one reason only ....money !
These kids are choosing winning programs and finances have no influence in their decisions, can you blame them ?

How many us had ten or twenty schools begging for us to go to their school ? For free no less , most likely with some nice extras ?
I choose Pitt over OSU and Miami for one reason .... MONEY . I was accepted to Penn , Pitt and Temple for dental school . Throw Temple out right off the bat due to being in a really rough section of Philly . I choose Pitt over Penn for one reason only ....money !
These kids are choosing winning programs and finances have no influence in their decisions, can you blame them ?
Then why do you expect Pitt to be good at sports?

Then why do you expect Pitt to be good at sports?
Right now I don't ! There's no administrative support .
Pitt needs to find a niche right now , there's no way even up they can out recruit teams like Michigan , Duke , UNC , ND , and so on for elite talent . I don't react negatively to KS losing recruits to these schools because he should , they're just way more attractive places to go to school and play . He has to design a system and find the pieces that fit with players these other schools overlook . He has to outwork other coaches in finding the diamonds in the ruff . He has to get lucky with someone whose overlooked like a Stephan Curry or a local kid who wants to stay home. Once you can establish your program as a winner and a place where your game can develop to were you can have a chance of a professional career it will become easier to recruit some better players . JDs great yrs were the result of having physcial mature teams , not teams made up of #1 draft picks . When JD tried to go after the elite kids is when Pitts program started to falter . These kids had better offers and left JD struggling to find decent players . Hard work , patience and luck is Pitts path to winning right now .
Or Pitt needs to go out and buy a great coach and give him a budget to hire great assistants with a large enough recruiting budget to recruit with the big boys . Build plush athletic dorms and throw money around with an active booster group . We know that this option is not a possibility at Pitt .

Reactions: FireballZ
Right now I don't ! There's no administrative support .
Pitt needs to find a niche right now , there's no way even up they can out recruit teams like Michigan , Duke , UNC , ND , and so on for elite talent . I don't react negatively to KS losing recruits to these schools because he should , they're just way more attractive places to go to school and play . He has to design a system and find the pieces that fit with players these other schools overlook . He has to outwork other coaches in finding the diamonds in the ruff . He has to get lucky with someone whose overlooked like a Stephan Curry or a local kid who wants to stay home. Once you can establish your program as a winner and a place where your game can develop to were you can have a chance of a professional career it will become easier to recruit some better players . JDs great yrs were the result of having physcial mature teams , not teams made up of #1 draft picks . When JD tried to go after the elite kids is when Pitts program started to falter . These kids had better offers and left JD struggling to find decent players . Hard work , patience and luck is Pitts path to winning right now .
Or Pitt needs to go out and buy a great coach and give him a budget to hire great assistants with a large enough recruiting budget to recruit with the big boys . Build plush athletic dorms and throw money around with an active booster group . We know that this option is not a possibility at Pitt .
Were you happy with Dixon? That is what he did and was the best we could hope for.

Reactions: levance2
Were you happy with Dixon? That is what he did and was the best we could hope for.
I wasn't happy with his departure . I think he earned another two yrs to see if he could rebuild the program . I'm not sure he could of , at least not with the staff he had , but he earned that opportunity . I'd love to hear the truth as JD knew it , but we'll never get that opportunity . He has too much much class and what's there to be gained by his telling what really went down . In retrospect he's in a much better place now which is something Pitt cannot say .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT