ADVERTISEMENT

Palm update: 2nd Team Out

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Not terrible news. There's a chance. He has Dayton, NW, A&M, and SJU in the First Four. I'm telling you Dayton's resume is very suspect. He doesn't get to pick the field but in a year like this, if you are "First Four Out," you have a real chance. This isnt other years when some of those teams have no chance.

Reactions: PittMBA
It will be close for sure. Hopefully Pitt hears their name called early sometime in the first two brackets revealed and it’s a total surprise to everybody. The longer it goes and the more you start seeing other bubble teams called and Pitt isn’t one of them you will know more and more that Pitt isn’t getting in. I’m gonna predict they will get in and their name will be called early and they might even avoid Dayton. Hopefully the 7 road wins by Pitt, the human element and good NET gives Pitt just enough of a push to cross that finish line. If ever a day Pitt needed to have a little luck on its side it would be St Patrick’s Day tomorrow. I hope I’m right.

It will be close for sure. Hopefully Pitt hears their name called early sometime in the first two brackets revealed and it’s a total surprise to everybody. The longer it goes and the more you start seeing other bubble teams called and Pitt isn’t one of them you will know more and more that Pitt isn’t getting in. I’m gonna predict they will get in and their name will be called early and they might even avoid Dayton. Hopefully the 7 road wins by Pitt, the human element and good NET gives Pitt just enough of a push to cross that finish line. If ever a day Pitt needed to have a little luck on its side it would be St Patrick’s Day tomorrow. I hope I’m right.
It's not close at all. Not after what happened yesterday. No way.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
It's not close at all. Not after what happened yesterday. No way.
Well I mean we don’t know that. We aren’t on the tournament committee and nobody on here has any inside information as to what will happen. This Pitt team is good enough to be in the NCAA Tournament and they should be and it’s a damn shame that they take into account these conference tournament games so much and who wins and who loses the 3 or 4 days before selection Sunday over the way a team like Pitt has been playing the last 2 months (12-4) in their last 16 games and that a piece of shit team like Temple who had one fluky win yesterday over FAU and NC State who pulled off an absolute miracle that we will probably not see again for a long time maybe never and who Pitt beat two time will get to be in the tournament while Pitt stays home. So but it will be close I think and we will see how things play out and hope for the best that’s all we can do as fans.

Well I mean we don’t know that. We aren’t on the tournament committee and nobody on here has any inside information as to what will happen. This Pitt team is good enough to be in the NCAA Tournament and they should be and it’s a damn shame that they take into account these conference tournament games so much and who wins and who loses the 3 or 4 days before selection Sunday over the way a team like Pitt has been playing the last 2 months (12-4) in their last 16 games and that a piece of shit team like Temple who had one fluky win yesterday over FAU and NC State who pulled off an absolute miracle that we will probably not see again for a long time maybe never and who Pitt beat two time will get to be in the tournament while Pitt stays home. So but it will be close I think and we will see how things play out and hope for the best that’s all we can do as fans.
Ironic that the conference tournament winners get in even if their entire season has been crap just because they got hot for 4-5 games, but being one of the best teams in the country over a two month period doesn’t matter if you struggled earlier in the year.

Our best chance is if the committee takes a look at the NC State win and says, hey this conference is actually pretty good- these teams are hanging with Duke/UNC. We better get 5/6 ACC teams in.

If they use that logic, there’s a chance!

4/15 ACC teams. Only 26% of the conference may be an all time low for a Top 4 NET/RPI league. It doesnt make sense. Have to hope maybe they give Pitt this bid over a MWC team or like an FAU

Reactions: Dan1911
You're still wishcasting.

We are out.

Maybe not even a #1 seed in the NIT.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how the NIT actually seeds the tournament? Is it same way at NCAAT?
2. Does it really matter or should we care what seed we get in the NIT? Meaning is it a true reflection of what the committee thought of us if we don't get an NIT 1 seed? Does that really mean were NOT one of the first four out?

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how the NIT actually seeds the tournament? Is it same way at NCAAT?
2. Does it really matter or should we care what seed we get in the NIT? Meaning is it a true reflection of what the committee thought of us if we don't get an NIT 1 seed? Does that really mean were NOT one of the first four out?

The First Four out get the Top 4 NIT seeds. After that, its up to the NIT committee.

Ahh ok, so that makes sense now. Basically if you are not a one seed in the NIT you really weren't on that final bubble.

There is an NIT Bracketology show on I think at 930 tonight on ESPN 2 I believe if you wanna see the seedlings for the NIT. Hopefully we will have no interest in that what so ever based on hopefully hearing our name called 3 hours earlier.

There is an NIT Bracketology show on I think at 930 tonight on ESPN 2 I believe if you wanna see the seedlings for the NIT. Hopefully we will have no interest in that what so ever based on hopefully hearing our name called 3 hours earlier.
No thanks

The NIT should not be accessible for teams in power conferences. That's like a 16-year-old playing in the balls at McDonald's. It's so meaningless and bad that I typically forget it's even happening, and then I might find out who won five years later, by accident. Are all the games even on TV?

The NIT should not be accessible for teams in power conferences. That's like a 16-year-old playing in the balls at McDonald's. It's so meaningless and bad that I typically forget it's even happening, and then I might find out who won five years later, by accident. Are all the games even on TV?
In the past, basically every NIT game has been on the ESPN Networks, but I’m not sure of the plans this year.

1st Round is half TV/half ESPN+. The remaining rounds are all TV. I am fine if they eliminated the NIT as long as they eliminate about half the bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT