ADVERTISEMENT

Does UCF have a shot w/Sumlin?

Might be a good landing spot. Good team. Fertile recruiting area. He got a nice buyout so he may not be looking to break the bank but he’s not gonna work too cheap either I wouldn’t think. Will be interesting to see what they offer him.

I disagree a little. He broke the bank on the buyout and he will also be looking for as much money he can get on his next job.

I would be surprised if he takes a non p5 job this early. Because with this new early signing period starting, schools are going to be looking to fill HC positions even quicker than before.

Might be a good landing spot. Good team. Fertile recruiting area. He got a nice buyout so he may not be looking to break the bank but he’s not gonna work too cheap either I wouldn’t think. Will be interesting to see what they offer him.

I think he'll take that gig. So, to answer your question, yes. If he has success there, hell resurface in the P5 in the ACC or SEC.

I disagree a little. He broke the bank on the buyout and he will also be looking for as much money he can get on his next job.

I would be surprised if he takes a non p5 job this early. Because with this new early signing period starting, schools are going to be looking to fill HC positions even quicker than before.

Certainly could be right. And if he is I don’t blame him.

What are his other options at this point? Saw one writer say maybe Oregon if Taggart goes to FSU. If that’s an option or there’s another high profile option you’re likely correct. I was Under the impression he was running out of options but if not he probably is looking to get paid.

FSU is the hire that probably kicks off a quick succession of some of these other jobs being filled. Sumlin would be a good hire for FSU and a terrific one for UCF.

I would be VERY surprised if Sumlin would take the UCF job.

I don't believe Fraud will end up at Tenn or Arky.

Not sure Todd Graham will be accepted by the Wellseyleian (sp?) community at SMU.

Baptists maintain the doctrine of the ‘perseverance of saints’ where an expression of ‘once saved, always saved’ prevails. Baptists teach that once one is saved, that person cannot fall from grace which is completely in conflict with Methodists views. Methodists believe that it is the person’s choice to be saved and one can fall from grace by not following God therefore losing salvation. Baptists also believe in putting the hammer down.

Not sure Todd Graham will be accepted by the Wellseyleian (sp?) community at SMU.

Baptists maintain the doctrine of the ‘perseverance of saints’ where an expression of ‘once saved, always saved’ prevails. Baptists teach that once one is saved, that person cannot fall from grace which is completely in conflict with Methodists views. Methodists believe that it is the person’s choice to be saved and one can fall from grace by not following God therefore losing salvation. Baptists also believe in putting the hammer down.
Thank you. I learned something today. I always thought that all Protestant Denominations believed Ephesians 2:8.

Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT