ADVERTISEMENT

Duke - Tennessee

It was men vs boys. Tenn was playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Duke for the back with guys looking to the nba

Tennessee's rugged style definitely had Duke playing scared and bolstered their confidence. Tennessee was supposed to be offensively challenged but Vescovi and the other dude whose name I don't recall, were shooting very well. I thought Proctor and Roach played hard, but, Lively and Filipowski were just to soft. Once Filipowski got cut under the eye by the elbow, the team just lost all confidence. What surprised me is, I knew Tennessee could defend, but they were able to get good shots against Duke's defense and most if not all ACC teams were struggling to find open shots.

Tennessee's rugged style definitely had Duke playing scared and bolstered their confidence. Tennessee was supposed to be offensively challenged but Vescovi and the other dude whose name I don't recall, were shooting very well. I thought Proctor and Roach played hard, but, Lively and Filipowski were just to soft. Once Filipowski got cut under the eye by the elbow, the team just lost all confidence. What surprised me is, I knew Tennessee could defend, but they were able to get good shots against Duke's defense and most if not all ACC teams were struggling to find open shots.

Yeah. And Tennessee lost their point guard too.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Hardly crying - just pointing out the obvious.
The obvious was that a bunch of prima donna boys got their asses handed to them by a bunch of grown ass men. Duke brought a butter knife to a street fight in that game. You’d have to have watched that game with some untrained eyes or blind bias to see something else.

If this group of Duke players stuck around together for 3-4 years like Tennessee’s guys, or like Duke’s guys used to when this sport was still somewhat sane, then they’d be a monster in a couple of years. But that won’t happen. at least 3 of those freshmen will be drawing NBA paychecks next year.

The obvious was that a bunch of prima donna boys got their asses handed to them by a bunch of grown ass men. Duke brought a butter knife to a street fight in that game. You’d have to have watched that game with some untrained eyes or blind bias to see something else.

If this group of Duke players stuck around together for 3-4 years like Tennessee’s guys, or like Duke’s guys used to when this sport was still somewhat sane, then they’d be a monster in a couple of years. But that won’t happen. at least 3 of those freshmen will be drawing NBA paychecks next year.
How do you explain the fact that the streetfighters got called for 11 fouls, and the team that they were fighting got called for 17?

How do you explain the fact that the streetfighters got called for 11 fouls, and the team that they were fighting got called for 17?
because this Tennessee team knows how to play physical basketball and this Duke team doesn’t. Bunch of AAU superstar cream puffs who’ve never been manhandled in their lives.

Are you a Duke fan? Because I’m pretty sure no non-Duke fan in the history of the sport has ever thought the poor Devils were getting the ass end of a refereeing job. It’s beyond pathetic to see a Pitt fan whining about it.

I'll say again... Loved the officiating in this game too. Reminded me how old school BEast teams would put teams in their place. Nothing super dirty from UT. Watched them play other games. This is how they win.

So is anyone still wondering why Duke didn't get a better seed?
The committee must have used NET to project that Duke would be down a starter and factored that in. And that they PG would have 4 fouls 25 minutes into the game. Or that it would be played as a rugby match.

I still can't be happier Duke got abused. I'm glad they beat WVU in the FF that one year. That's it. F+$k Duke. Always and forever.

The committee must have used NET to project that Duke would be down a starter and factored that in. And that they PG would have 4 fouls 25 minutes into the game. Or that it would be played as a rugby match.

Actually the committee used the NET exactly the way that the NCAA told them to, which is to say that they did not select the field using the NET and they did not seed the tournament using the NET.

Duke got their seed because the season is 4-1/2 months long, not just the four weeks from the middle of February until selection Sunday.

because this Tennessee team knows how to play physical basketball and this Duke team doesn’t. Bunch of AAU superstar cream puffs who’ve never been manhandled in their lives.

Are you a Duke fan? Because I’m pretty sure no non-Duke fan in the history of the sport has ever thought the poor Devils were getting the ass end of a refereeing job. It’s beyond pathetic to see a Pitt fan whining about it.
How do you play physical basketball and not get called for fouls? And how do you not play physical basketball and get called for fouls? That is my question to you. I don't care if it was Duke or Pitt or anyone else - my comment has nothing to do with Duke, it has to do with the game that was played. You are making this about Duke - I don't care about Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT