ADVERTISEMENT

Duzz the Excuse Maker

4Mark_Marty

Heisman Winner
Sep 11, 2016
Trib:

"The sad thing about it, (professional development) is getting less and less," he said. "Ten years ago, we got more of it. You might go two places (to study other programs).

"But this recruiting is getting out of control. It's ruining football in our development.

"Where do you spend your time? All these summer camps. You get less professional development. Somehow, we have to find time to do that."

I read this last week and got really concerned.

Trib:

"The sad thing about it, (professional development) is getting less and less," he said. "Ten years ago, we got more of it. You might go two places (to study other programs).

"But this recruiting is getting out of control. It's ruining football in our development.

"Where do you spend your time? All these summer camps. You get less professional development. Somehow, we have to find time to do that."

Recruiting is not out of control for the other universities he SHOULD be competiting with. I wonder what the PSU, tOSU, WVU HC's say about this topic. Do they say it is out of control, or do they say they are getting the job done?

Recruiting is not out of control for the other universities he SHOULD be competiting with. I wonder what the PSU, tOSU, WVU HC's say about this topic. Do they say it is out of control, or do they say they are getting the job done?

He doesn't even try for top level kids, he doesnt even want to fight for them. He is a very LAZY recruiter, maybe he likes the pros better.

Reactions: quip and PittPoker
Trib:

Duzz was very vocal about not liking the early signing period. Now I know why. Makes recruiting tougher and he's not good at it

Reactions: quip and odshowtime
Other coaching staffs have adapted and get the job done. It is a never ending process.
I totally agree with you.You make a lot of money coaching d one football.This comes with the job.You don't like it go coach at Clarion or Lock Haven.I bet their coaches would love to have your problem making your salary.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Some of us tried to point this out during the ACC media day when he talked about how "you can't draft, you're forced to recruit, and what fun would it be if everybody had elite talent."

Coaches that are capable of recruiting, don't complain about recruiting.

Narduzzi spends more time talking about the fact that he's forced to recruit players, than any coach should. And it's a huge red flag.

James Franklin is a douchebag, but he understands the recruiting game. He hired “Vandy Girls” to help assist in recruiting at Vandy. He hired assistants who had big personalities and could recruit. The guy is arrogant and cocky, but has the personality that recruits like. Pitt and their administration need to hire someone with a similar personality that can recruit. I would not want Franklin to date my daughter, but I would want him as my football coach.

Reactions: quip and pbrad
There are 2 ways to win in college football:

1) have an entire roster of 4 and 5 star players (you may not win them all but you'll win most of them);
2) find lower-star players and either put them in a system that makes them 4 and 5 star players, or coach them beyond their previously identified limits so they player like 4 and 5 star players.

The second way is the harder path to walk but it's how 95% of teams have to do it. Narduzzi doesn't have a unique problem, it's the same issue as every school that isn't Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Penn State, and maybe 5-10 others. Yes, it's hard to develop lower ranked players and get them to play better than they seem to be. That's why you get paid $3,000,000 and I don't. Statements like this, complaining about recruiting, are extremely concerning. It's a guy who seems to be saying he doesn't know how to do #2 and the system won't let him do #1. If that's the case, we're better off just moving on as soon as possible.

Reactions: Jpripper88
images

He doesn't even try for top level kids, he doesnt even want to fight for them. He is a very LAZY recruiter, maybe he likes the pros better.
Yeah because he's a life long college coach...it's Ok to not like Duzz but at least don't post such stupid shit.

He doesn't genius! He doesn't or he is the worst at it in p5, you pick!!!
Welcome to the board. He doesn't genius what? It would make it easier to respond if you posted in complete thoughts, assuming that's possible for you.

I realize it’s easy to pile on now, but I remember cringing when reading those threads saying recruiting wasn’t so important because our coaches were so good that they could “coach up” those lower ranked players.
It is now funny to see some of those same people say HCPN can't get it done as a coach, but 3 months ago you, me, and a few others were "Nitter trolls with multiple SNs" for suggesting it was unbelievably far fetched to believe HCPN and staff were somehow soooo much better than all the other ACC staffs that they could coach up past the rest and consistently come out ahead.

I highlighted this same quote in response to Peak posting the press conference. It was downright scary.

He hates it because he's awful at it.

Narduzzi has horrible social skills, especially with parents. And while I'm not convinced you have to be a great recruiter to succeed, YOU DO need to be able to identify and hire assistants that are capable.

Reactions: pbrad and quip
He hates it because he's awful at it.

Narduzzi has horrible social skills, especially with parents. And while I'm not convinced you have to be a great recruiter to succeed, YOU DO need to be able to identify and hire assistants that are capable.
Duzz is real and not a preening phony bastard. He great with parents who aren't trying to pimp their kid and have smoke blown up their orifice.

Nice post working in 4 insults in 2 sentences. Good work. The ALL CAPS was also a nice touch.

Duzz is real and not a preening phony bastard. He great with parents who aren't trying to pimp their kid and have smoke blown up their orifice.

Nice post working in 4 insults in 2 sentences. Good work. The ALL CAPS was also a nice touch.

Go take your meds Mrs. Duzzi

I'm sure we all have parts of our jobs that we all hate or at least don't like. And we don't get paid $3MM/yr. to do our jobs. Narduzzi needs to suck it up and do his job.

He is as phony as Todd Graham. His mouth writes checks his team can't cash. Guy is a blowhard. Lies all camp about how the team is going to win the ACC then delivers garbage.

Trib:

The rules are the same for everyone. Narduzzi decided to die rather than adapt.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT