ADVERTISEMENT

Eating crow

What a difference 70 miles makes in some instances.My Mountaineers came in about 35th in most rankings and I'm not happy with it.Holgersen has to do better if we wants to get into the top tier of the Big 12.Contrary to popular belief on this board recruiting is important to winning games over a long haul.There are only so many diamonds in the rough out there guys.Holgy just plain can't recruit high school kids.I'm afraid Narduzzi is the same for you guys.I'm glad your happy with Narduzzi's recruiting I'm not with Holgy.I want studs not players that the top teams don't want because I want to win and win now.Guys the best ranking site is 24/7 by far.

All ranking sites have their biases. Rivals and 247/scout are clearly above Espn though. They seem to rank players higher that go to their camps. The composite ranking on 247 is usually fair to go off of.

Duzz has shown the ability to recruit high school kids. He brought in the composite 30th ranked class in his first full class. Which is where we need to be or slightly above to improve where the program has been, not 46. I am realistic though and it is difficult to recruit coming off of a 5 win season. Next year will be important to start strong with a couple big OOC wins and generate some positive buzz for the program.

They already are since there is a lament in another thread about the WPIAL being weak for 2019 (implication it will hurt our recruiting next near).
Of course it will. Unless you think competing vs Texas St and Stephen f Austin for recruits will compete in the ACC.. Stick to your crying about Stallings, at least nobody pays attention to you on the B-ball board

What a difference 70 miles makes in some instances.My Mountaineers came in about 35th in most rankings and I'm not happy with it.Holgersen has to do better if we wants to get into the top tier of the Big 12.Contrary to popular belief on this board recruiting is important to winning games over a long haul.There are only so many diamonds in the rough out there guys.Holgy just plain can't recruit high school kids.I'm afraid Narduzzi is the same for you guys.I'm glad your happy with Narduzzi's recruiting I'm not with Holgy.I want studs not players that the top teams don't want because I want to win and win now.Guys the best ranking site is 24/7 by far.

I think everyone here wants studs and better recruiting. But we are also being realistic. We aren't going to get top 10 classes on a consistent basis (if ever). So we need to pull in some good talent, coach them up, and win.

You can coach up our 3* all you want.Of course you'll win a few,upset a few but in the end you won't win a title.You need talent over the long haul to win.I was a lot better coach when I had more talent than the other teams I was playing.Talent win championships and WVU and Pitt doesn't have the talent to do this.

You can coach up our 3* all you want.Of course you'll win a few,upset a few but in the end you won't win a title.You need talent over the long haul to win.I was a lot better coach when I had more talent than the other teams I was playing.Talent win championships and WVU and Pitt doesn't have the talent to do this.
Honestly wvu and Pitt are unlikely to ever win another NC(in WVU's ever win one) WVU has never recruited any better than where they are right now. Pitt has been in the top 20 a few times but hasn't recruited at a true championship level in 30 years.

It is concerning that franklins first in class that he had a month to put together is still
rated higher than narduzzis best

Not concerning at all. PUS sold their souls to athletics long ago. Add North Carolina, tOSU, alabama, fla, fl st, miami, louisville, usc, and a host of others. Whores one and all. Pitt doesn’t, so we struggle.

I alkways say don't mean anything. Too many 2 and 3 star went to to NFL careers ! Look back at this class in 2-3 years then you will know if it was a great class !

Well. You seem to be hung up on a game or two over 2 years. I am more interested in successful SEASONS... How did our game vs UNC who was missing 13 starters and had 1 win go Fireballz? Or do you not count that?
Ummm, you're doing the same exact thing you just criticized the poster for

God I hate Pitt fans

Undoubtedly, since recruiting our recruiting "fan boys" are so fixated on star gazing that they will always be disappointed in Pitt recruiting classes that have lower ratings than Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame and most especially PSU.

This is a straw man. Nobody is arguing Pitt needs to recruit at the level of Alabama, unless there are posters with legit national championship demands.
The issue is whether Pitt is recruiting at a what it's recruiting ceiling should be, not whether that recruiting ceiling is Alabama.

Not concerning at all. PUS sold their souls to athletics long ago. Add North Carolina, tOSU, alabama, fla, fl st, miami, louisville, usc, and a host of others. Whores one and all. Pitt doesn’t, so we struggle.
That's exactly... CORRECT. We win with honor and having a coach like HCPN who turns boys into men is more important than any win on the field. Pitt teams have ALWAYS been the symbol for what college athletes should be like. You can see it each Saturday on the field and every interview they give. Other schools recruits PUNKS!!! HCPN knows he doesn't need them to win and only takes the best of the best high school kids. Look at Bama, Louisville, PEDs, Miami, recruiting VERY questionable kids, probably 75% of there team, not us... NOT PITT!!! #H2P

Reactions: THEPAPI
This is a straw man. Nobody is arguing Pitt needs to recruit at the level of Alabama, unless there are posters with legit national championship demands.
The issue is whether Pitt is recruiting at a what it's recruiting ceiling should be, not whether that recruiting ceiling is Alabama.
I think DW showed you want Pitt's ceiling is in recruiting. A couple of top 20 classes and a couple where they were 30 to 35 in a 4 year period probably around 25 average in a 4 year period. Thats about all the better Pitt is going to recruit on paper, which is what we are talking about when we talk about recruiting rankings. Now a coach could recruit at DW level and get more success by simply recruiting a competent QB.

That's exactly... CORRECT. We win with honor and having a coach like HCPN who turns boys into men is more important than any win on the field. Pitt teams have ALWAYS been the symbol for what college athletes should be like. You can see it each Saturday on the field and every interview they give. Other schools recruits PUNKS!!! HCPN knows he doesn't need them to win and only takes the best of the best high school kids. Look at Bama, Louisville, PEDs, Miami, recruiting VERY questionable kids, probably 75% of there team, not us... NOT PITT!!! #H2P
Your fooling yourself if you think PN wouldn't take a lot of those questionable kids. He would as he offered many of them. The difference is Pitt isn't paying these kids and when they get here if they don't walk the line they get suspended for things they wouldn't at most FB factories. Thats it. This post reminds me of a PSU post where they would claim a certain recruit couldn't get in. I would always point out that Clark(QB) was a partial qualifier so if he could get in, anyone who could pass the NCAA min. could get in. Now in saying that there are some kids that Pitt simply wouldn't recruit, I remember when WVU took a convicted felon a few years back, that is something Pitt wouldn't do.

I and others pointed this out last fall and last year and year before

You can’t judge a class until everyone is signed

It's also worth pointing out that one kid that has signed, has not fully qualified yet. Just like last year. And it's not a 2-star.

You guys are caricatures of yourselves. You really are.

Anyway, remember that post of mine above in June. And then ask yourself if a Nitter would have known that.

Pitt has to start winning more games. Pitt has poor attendance at home games and it makes for a poor atmosphere. The student section is not strong or they leave early. The kids aren't supporting the team the past two years or more. Yet fans expect them to land all the five and four star recruits. The coach has to get players that fit the system and develop into good football payers. Pitt has to win more games then more players will look at them. Hopefully the crowds get better.
LOL. Let's blame "the students". :rolleyes:

ould Not concerning at all. PUS sold their souls to athletics long ago. Add North Carolina, tOSU, alabama, fla, fl st, miami, louisville, usc, and a host of others. Whores one and all. Pitt doesn’t, so we struggle.

I wouldn’t want to be a whore, but I would like to get to first base!

Revamped before cutting on Wvu's recruiting I'd look at Kam Carter's resume!
Not cutting on WVU's recruiting as I said before to the previous poster Pitt offered a lot of these kids with questionable character. But there is NO QUESTION wvu has had a history of taking a lot of those types of kids, even one who was a CONVICTED felon! I don't think any coach has enough juice to get the admin at Pitt to accept someone like that. Hell Pitt dropped their top recruit from a few years ago after he allegedly choked his GF.

sorry guys this not ur dads college football any more the number of questional degrees, and nfl fast tract has increased so much its never goin g back,get ready for transfer law to change it completely,hold on to ur hats,we need to play the game or ony exist.

You can train a mule 365/24/7 and it's not going to win the Kentucky Derby. You have to have the horses to win.

Actually I take that back, it looks like ESPN currently has Pitt outside the top 50. Well screw them then.
wouldn't put much stock in ESPN thye are biased (mostly towards ANY SEC team). They have Salahuddin as a 3 star even though every body else on the planet says he is a 4 and Sibley was a 4 star in their eyes until he left Ohio State(for Pitt) and he dropped to a 3. Where you sign plays a part in their ratings.

wouldn't put much stock in ESPN thye are biased (mostly towards ANY SEC team). They have Salahuddin as a 3 star even though every body else on the planet says he is a 4 and Sibley was a 4 star in their eyes until he left Ohio State(for Pitt) and he dropped to a 3. Where you sign plays a part in their ratings.

I know it's hard to believe but sometimes guys get overranked early in a process and teams that take these players commitments decide maybe they aren't as good as they originally thought, so they tell them to look elsewhere. It's a dirty business, but Pitt isn't pulling a 4 star from Columbus if OSU wants him

I don't think ESPN has an "SEC" recruiting bias. If they do it's not like they end up with egg on their face. They rank SEC classes high, SEC teams dominate college football. So whatever SEC bias they have is turning it to be a good bias to have.
Where I think ESPN does have a bias is towards players that play in their All Star game.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I don't think ESPN has an "SEC" recruiting bias. If they do it's not like they end up with egg on their face. They rank SEC classes high, SEC teams dominate college football. So whatever SEC bias they have is turning it to be a good bias to have.
Where I think ESPN does have a bias is towards players that play in their All Star game.
And they don't evaluate JUCO players, at all. That doesn't make much sense to me when the other sites do and it is mostly prospects they should have previously evaluated. Since a lot of those kids play in the SEC and B12, it would seem they actually are missing an opportunity to be biased towards SEC schools.

They most certainly have a SEC bias, as well as a BIGGER big10 bias. Their commentators/announcers are all big 10 and are horrid to listen to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT