ADVERTISEMENT

Ejuan Price Quote

New York Panther

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2007
Price was quoted as saying that a change with Narduzzi from Chyrst's time here is that there will be consequences if a player doesn't attend class. Is anyone else surprised by this since I thought Chyrst ran a straight and narrow program overall?

Re: A Quiet Sign, Chryst Was More Talk Than Walk!

Clearly, Narduzzi is focused on the present and what is right in front of him. watching old films is a waste of his time. It is no longer about yesterday, but today, for tomorrow. This is what great leaders do, they just do!

Kind of reminds me the scene from when Patton was Quoted taking over the Third Army in North Africa.....without Coach Narduzzi actually saying it, just doing it....."You want to know why this outfit got the hell kicked out of it? A blind man could spot it. They don't act like soldiers; they don't look like soldiers; why should they be expected to fight like soldiers? In about fifteen minutes, we're going to start turning these boys into fanatics - razors."!!!

We will never know how good Chryst would have been at Pitt in his 4th year. Yet, based on Chryst behavior as he left Pitt, recruited against Pitt, and then talked about being responsible and accountable, it is a tad clear Chryst talked more than he walked during his days at Pitt.

Chryst was learning to become a Head Coach and his coaching as far as Special Teams were as bad as his weak speeches in public.

At Wisconsin, Chryst the Savior for Barry, will have Barry Alvarez to tutor him on Defense and Special Teams, but I still think he is a glorified OC much as Foge Fazio was a great DC, but not head coaching material.

After Barry Alvarez retires at Wisconsin as AD, I think Chryst will be gone soon afterwards. Just a Hunch!

Just glad Narduzzi loves coming to Pitt, wanted to come to Pitt, and being at Pitt and has put in his system since day one of his arrival compared to the previous Lumbering Paulie taking his time to find Assistants he had to replace some anyway all 3 years during his tenure. Slower to act than he talked too!

Narduzzi right after the MSU Bowl was at Pitt Bowl, interviewed current Chryst Staff, picked his own staff, and refused to raid other Schools recruits , and now has his players already learning his system, knowing his rules, and making sure they follow them.

Quite refreshing compared to the slower lumbering blind special teams Paul without any revelations on ST or Defense?

I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE?
images
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO PITT!

images
PITT, I AM HERE & GLAD TO BE AT PITT!
images
COACH PATTON?????

This post was edited on 3/16 5:39 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Watching old film is hardly a waste of his time. The first step to fixing a problem is to diagnose the root cause of the problem. If these guys are all about "the details," then one of the details should be finding out how the players performed under real game pressure - not during practice - so that their game-day performance can be improved upon.

I actually think that Coach Duzz is using the "clean slate" line to help motivate the players - I would bet that he has studied film from last season's games...

Go Pitt.

Re: MajorMajors !

I do not disagree with you, especially about evaluating what players can be best for your own system. Yet, Coach Pat seems to be thinking, we have a new system, I have the players I have, and we will adapt to our system together.

I would assign that to Defensive Staff to do, especially on the later games Pitt was really blown away on Defense?

Whether Coach Pat did it himself it looks like he said he did not.

Based on just a few quotes of Price, it looks like Coach Pat has implemented his system that he had at MSU and based on his prior comments, that is the job of DC Conklin & his Staff, since Coach Pat believes in delegation.

I quite agree with you if one studies High School Film of Recruits before you offer, the same logic would apply when composing that Team together as well as seeing what mistakes were being made and why, but once again, that is all up to Coach Pat & Staff!

We will know if it works in 2 years more than this year. It takes time to make adjustments as Harris, Wannstedt, Graham, and Chryst proved years before on Offense and all needed time to recruit, select and then practice their players to adapt to what they wanted for their system success! Pitt moving to speed is fine but do they have the players to implement and execute that system right now?

We shall see?

images

This post was edited on 3/16 11:55 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

I'm not sure he had too. After watching our bowl game in person, with the soft defensive approach, he probably thought to himself, "I've seen enough of this sh*t" and didn't need to see more of it on film.

He can evaluate his players -- and their ability to perform in his system with his style of play -- during Spring ball, and he and his staff will review the film of Spring drills and scrimmages to assess players and how well they'll play next year in his defense.

By the way, regarding the Price quote, which was "You are not missing class anymore without nothing happening to you," I couldn't resist the urge to needle a Wisky acquaintance with it.

When the Boeheim news broke two weeks ago or so, there was an funny email exchange among a bunch of guys giving our Syracuse friend a lot of crap over the sanctions. Then, the Wisky guy turned serious and said "If only everyone would do things the Wisconsin way...". As you explained what he meant by that, I was throwing up in my mouth. His words were virtually identical to what we used to hear from the cult, prior to their program becoming a national disgrace.

I didn't respond at the time because he's a nice guy, and because the Cuse guy jumped all over him for it right away, so I just let it go...until I read the E. Price quote last night. I couldn't resist sending it to him. Can't wait to hear his response.

I have somewhat mixed feelings on watching old film. On one hand, it does give you some insight into what went wrong (or right). That said, maybe the real message Narduzzi is sending is that it doesn't matter to him how well or how poorly you played last year. Everyone has to show him what they have starting now. Sends a message to everyone that even if you started last year, don't take that for granted because he's not looking at last year.

Cruzer

Sheesh. If this was really true, then Chryst was a worse coach than we thought.

The draconian suspensions for mere doobage suggest to me that it's not true, however. Pitt had a firm stick up its tuchas about that crap. Maybe more that Chryst was just easier to dupe.

Coac Narduzzi said that he may view a particular player in one of last year's games. However, he prefers to let the past go, in so many words.

Historical Correction

The Third Army was never in North Africa. In 1942 the Third Army was in the Pacfic. The Army would redeploy in 1943 back to the US and then the UK. It would become operational in Europe in the summer of 1944. That is when Patton would take command. The Third army today is Arcent www.arcent.army.mil. On a personal note my father served in the 4th Armoured Division (Patton's Own) during World War II. I served in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm in the 1st Armoured Division.

This post was edited on 3/16 9:02 PM by M4 Sherman

Re: Historical Correction

Thanks for your service M4. I did my advanced training at the armor school at Fort Knox.

Re: M4 Sherman & Vietvet1......

Right next to Fort Knox was the Patton Tank Museum! I stopped there once and it was quite an experience. I cannot believe the size, armor,and power of the German Tanks compared to the Americans. I enjoyed it very much!

In addition, was once based at Lima, Ohio where they made the M1 Tanks just up the Road from
Wapakoneta, Ohio, Birthplace to Neil Armstrong!

Thanks for serving both of you!

images

This post was edited on 3/16 11:38 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: Vietvet1 & Captain

Vietvet 1 - Thanks for serving - tanks are fun!

Captain you might be interested in Steven Zologa's Panther v Shermen Battle of the Bulge. My dad was in the Bulge and he said the luckiest break he ever got in his life was that he was assigned to a tank with experienced tankers. Army studies after the Battle of the Bulge broke the misnomer that it took 5 Sherman's to kill one Panther. That is wrong it was determined that two factors determined who won the engagement it was the experience of the tank crew and who started the engagement. By 1944 the German tank forces were on a downward path and the US tank forces were on the upward trajectory.

The kill difference between the Sherman and the Panther was only about a 40 yard difference. The book Death Traps really has some misrepresentations. For instance the M3 and the M4 were named by the British the Grant and the Sherman not the US Army. You might enjoy the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.

Re: M4 Sherman, Thanks Again!

Originally posted by M4 Sherman:
Vietvet 1 - Thanks for serving - tanks are fun!

Captain you might be interested in Steven Zologa's Panther v Shermen Battle of the Bulge. My dad was in the Bulge and he said the luckiest break he ever got in his life was that he was assigned to a tank with experienced tankers. Army studies after the Battle of the Bulge broke the misnomer that it took 5 Sherman's to kill one Panther. That is wrong it was determined that two factors determined who won the engagement it was the experience of the tank crew and who started the engagement. By 1944 the German tank forces were on a downward path and the US tank forces were on the upward trajectory.

I was with a lawyer that gone to West Point and we were met and sent to Law of the Sea as part of the Club of Rome in the 1970's in Rome. He served in the Tank Corp, told me that the secret to Tank Warfare was not being seen or avoid targeting and that took experience men of valor. Also, the American Tanks had more room and caused less fatigue than German or Russian T39 Tanks. He said, the Russian Tanks were the best during WW II due to their speed, and they often just rammed the much slower German Panzers and Tigers and then hit them with point blank shots. He taught me that is why smoke is used in Tank Battles and how a tank can get off two rounds of shots when seeing a puff a smoke from an area that just fired an Anti-Tank Weapon. He said it took 13 seconds (Keep in Mind 1970's) for their projectile to hit a Tank while a tank could get off two shots faster. He did mention that American Generals did not want to go into battle without a 5 to 1 Ratio but that did not mean Americans needed 5 tanks to take out 1 German. He said, much of the true superiority of the tank was like you said, the Crew Experience and Armor Protection.

The kill difference between the Sherman and the Panther was only about a 40 yard difference. The book Death Traps really has some misrepresentations. For instance the M3 and the M4 were named by the British the Grant and the Sherman not the US Army. You might enjoy the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.

He did say, American Tanks had one disadvantage using gasoline in in WW II, and I think Ford made many of the Tanks. Can you confirm that and also in the movie Patton they talk about some parts of the American Tanks had places where bullets could be shot in from German K98 Mauser Rifle and rattle around in them, is that true?

Outside of Harrisburg they have a US Army Museum and of course the Army War College in Carlisle! It is no way as insightful as Patton Museum. I'll check out Aberdeen someday this summer, thanks for that insight.

When I went to the President Eisenhower Farm in Gettysburg, it was interesting to learn he retired there because that was where he was assigned when Tank Warfare was just coming into play after WW I. If you get a chance to Tour President Eisenhower's Farm I would recommend it.

PITT TANK LOGO!
images

images

This post was edited on 3/17 1:16 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT