ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bubble Watch regarding Pitt

Villanova hits a three when down two with 8.8 seconds left in the game. DePaul does not call time out, races down the court and throws a wild, no look pass for a turnover, and Villanova hangs on for a one point win.
That was bad. DePaul not getting a shot off with 3 seconds on the clock earlier was bad. DePaul refusing to let their obviously best player take a shot late was frustrating lol. All of it.

And now Nova gets Marquette without Kotek in a pretty clear win and they are in game.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Villanova hits a three when down two with 8.8 seconds left in the game. DePaul does not call time out, races down the court and throws a wild, no look pass for a turnover, and Villanova hangs on for a one point win.
That was ugly. Dude ran down the court out of control and pass it to I don't know who.

That was ugly. Dude ran down the court out of control and pass it to I don't know who.
The first rule of basketball is that you don't jump in the air with the ball unless you know exactly what you're doing with it.

They didn't call timeout because they didn't have one, but that was an ugly final 30 seconds to watch

They were saying on the CBS pod that DePaul is the worst P6 team of all time and their NET is the worst of all time. They asked who did DePaul pass to become the worst and Gary Parrish said Pitt (ie Stallings). It wasnt though. I forget who it was. For Villanova to escape with a 1 point win vs a team the quality of a lower level MEAC team eliminates them unless of course they beat Tyler Kolek-less Marquette, which they probably will. Still shouldn't be in even with that. Their NET dropped 7 to 40 which is the worst I've ever seen after a win. Still not a fan of going off metrics which punishes teams for winning ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT