ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Le'Veon Bell going to L.A.

It would be unbelievable if he got hurt playing basketball at L.A. Fitness.

Wouldn't mind a competent backup giving JC a break now and then. Anything more is unnecessary. But then again, Bell would probably be OK with the light workload.

Actually I find it kind of funny that if they throw him in at a less than desirable time, he can't dog it - at this point if he goes in he has to prove himself.

The Steelers have been looking to solidify the 3rd WR spot, and Bell's a decent receiver, so perhaps he could play there.

As far as I'm concerned he can stand on the sidelines in sweats with the rest of the practice squad and inactive players. They may have to pay him but they don't have to play him.

F him

Reactions: paulbl99
my question, if he comes back and his first game is at home will he be boo'd?

I say yes and it comes down to level of intensity...I'd put it at about a 7/10 on the boo scale on his first carry....

It won't be on the Dave Parker or even Barry Bonds level of the spectrum, but no doubt he will be booed. I'm thinking on the level of PK Subban or maybe Jagr with the Flyers level.

It won't be on the Dave Parker or even Barry Bonds level of the spectrum, but no doubt he will be booed. I'm thinking on the level of PK Subban or maybe Jagr with the Flyers level.
Do you mean coming back as a Steeler this year, or future years on a different team? The answer to the latter is obvious. For the former, we all know, the initial appearance will be a booing, but then if he busts off big runs or takes a slant pass from the slot to the house, and it results in a victory, he'll be wildly cheered... particularly if JC isn't running up big numbers that game. Fans love the winner more than they hate the perceived disrespect of the player.

Do you mean coming back as a Steeler this year, or future years on a different team? The answer to the latter is obvious. For the former, we all know, the initial appearance will be a booing, but then if he busts off big runs or takes a slant pass from the slot to the house, and it results in a victory, he'll be wildly cheered... particularly if JC isn't running up big numbers that game. Fans love the winner more than they hate the perceived disrespect of the player.

Good point. This year. I agree that he will be booed but quickly forgiven if he plays well. Maybe Mendenhall getting booed first game of 2011 to remind him of the Super Bowl fumble would be a good proxy? If he returns with another team that pushes it to the Jagr with the Caps / Hossa with the Wings level.

let just limit it to his first run then this year at home (this, of course after the O-line pulls a Tom Berenger from Major League and tells the D-line the play coming up).......

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT