ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Football Game Opt-In Begins

CJsE

Junior
Mar 5, 2016
Well it's finally happening, players are going to get paid to be in the game. But boy is EA going cheap on this one, $600+ a copy of the game for a franchise that will do $1billion in annual revenue. That puts it at probably somewhere around $8million dollars(direct and loss of sales) distributed to the players. By comparison they paid out around $40-50million to the NFLPA for NIL back in 2018.

Well it's finally happening, players are going to get paid to be in the game. But boy is EA going cheap on this one, $600+ a copy of the game for a franchise that will do $1billion in annual revenue. That puts it at probably somewhere around $8million dollars(direct and loss of sales) distributed to the players. By comparison they paid out around $40-50million to the NFLPA for NIL back in 2018.

The game won't do anywhere near a billion in revenue but $600 per player seems really low.

Reactions: singregardless
The game won't do anywhere near a billion in revenue but $600 per player seems really low.
Madden and Fifa likely do $4 billion per year combined. I don't think it's a stretch to think that NCAA football will be half as popular as either of those games.

1st game in 10 years. I bet it beats NBA2K. Well, basketball is a global sport so maybe it just beats it in the US.

This is a game where more people care about the school than players in the game and a lot do dynasty mode and cycle real players out quickly.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
This is a game where more people care about the school than players in the game and a lot do dynasty mode and cycle real players out quickly.
Zero players could opt in because this is exactly why I play. I'm all about recruiting my own team and building a dynasty.

The top tier players in the game will get way more than 600 because EA is also doing various levels of endorsement deals. You have already seen some players putting out social media posts promoting their inclusion in the game. For example… I saw social posts with EA graphics from PSU guys Allar, Singleton and Lambert-Smith that said “Paid Partnership.”

You would also have to expect that someone like Shadeur Sanders is going to be a cover athlete and be paid hundreds of thousands. Even if he’s not a cover athlete, I’m sure EA is going to make sure he is in the game no matter what it costs.

I think the $600 is just the base level.

The top tier players in the game will get way more than 600 because EA is also doing various levels of endorsement deals. You have already seen some players putting out social media posts promoting their inclusion in the game. For example… I saw social posts with EA graphics from PSU guys Allar, Singleton and Lambert-Smith that said “Paid Partnership.”

You would also have to expect that someone like Shadeur Sanders is going to be a cover athlete and be paid hundreds of thousands. Even if he’s not a cover athlete, I’m sure EA is going to make sure he is in the game no matter what it costs.

I think the $600 is just the base level.

Yea but like maybe 20 players will get a few thousand. A few may get significant money for commercials, cover, etc. What is Drew Allar posting about this worth to EA? $1000 instead of $600?

Yea but like maybe 20 players will get a few thousand. A few may get significant money for commercials, cover, etc. What is Drew Allar posting about this worth to EA? $1000 instead of $600?
It’s worth it because Allar probably has 200k social media followers and the kool-aid drinking PsU fans see the post, share it and comment which provides pretty solid exposure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT