ADVERTISEMENT

Espn mock draft 4.0 special

Drew1208

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2018
They had Broderick Jones falling nicely to us.
Joey Porter Jr .. going one before us.

Not sure they need more offensive weapons haha.
They really do. They want that really consistent other wr. Gabe Davis is a big hitter but he's not enough opposite Diggs.
Bringing in a polished guy like JA is just what the doctor ordered

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I don't expect Jones to be there at 17. Especially if the Bears take an OL at #8. And the Jets need an OL at number 13.

But the Steelers get lucky and teams do stupid things.

Reactions: Drew1208
Yeah in the real draft you never know which team is going to do something stupid like take a second or third round guy in the top ten, which then has an effect on the rest of the round.

Reactions: Drew1208
Kancey at 21 to the Chargers.

JA to the Bills which would be awesome for Josh Allen but not the rest of the AFC.

Addison would be absolutely electric on the Bills or Vikings. Anywhere with a legit on-ball route runner that would let him just run deep from the slot. I could see 1,000 yards in year 1. Unlikely, but that would be the ceiling.

Reactions: 303vND
Given a choice between Porter and Jones, I’d take Jones as well. Not a knock on JPJr but this draft is deep at corner and they can still add a good one after the first round.

I've kind of cooled off on following these things, but it seems like we might be able to make a play on that "other" OSU tackle or maybe even the Tennessee tackle at 32 if there isn't one at 17 who makes sense. Good or bad, I don't know. Seems like we at least like the OSU guy, though.

I've kind of cooled off on following these things, but it seems like we might be able to make a play on that "other" OSU tackle or maybe even the Tennessee tackle at 32 if there isn't one at 17 who makes sense. Good or bad, I don't know. Seems like we at least like the OSU guy, though.

I'm kind of leaning towards the best move for the Steelers being be to trade down to late in the first round, where they can then take one of those two OTs with that pick or pick 32, but also end up with an additional second round pick.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I'm kind of leaning towards the best move for the Steelers being be to trade down to late in the first round, where they can then take one of those two OTs with that pick or pick 32, but also end up with an additional second round pick.

Might not be a horrible move, but you need to find a dancing partner in what is a pretty weak second half of the first round.

I still think a CB they really like will be on the board at 17 if Jones isn't, and that'll be the move.

I think they’d love to upgrade LT, but not sure they will have an one available when they pick. For as much of a whipping boy Dan Moore is, he or Chucks may be their best option there. If Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright are there at 17 they probably take them and try at LT. If not, then they at least look to upgrade at RT later and let Dan and Chucks compete on the left side.

Reactions: pittdan77
Might not be a horrible move, but you need to find a dancing partner in what is a pretty weak second half of the first round.

I still think a CB they really like will be on the board at 17 if Jones isn't, and that'll be the move.

Very possible. CB at 17 and then the next best OT at 32.

Several mock shave them taking the top S at #17.

Very possible. CB at 17 and then the next best OT at 32.

Several mock shave them taking the top S at #17.

That’s kind of how I think they will play it too. If Johnson, Broderick Jones or Wright aren’t there, they take Branch, Porter or Banks. Then look at Dawand Jones or Mauch at 32. They had both in to visit, or for Jones, had dinner at OSU pro day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT