ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's win probabilities say we go 11-1

That just proves how bad the sport sucks, winning out would mean an ACC Title and a 12-1 record, If that's not enough, I guess Pitt is already eliminated from contention for the rest of history.
Odds are very favorable that Pitt gets in if they win out. winning out is a long shot, but boy is it fun to discuss this in October.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

Pitt controls at a minimum getting to a NY6 bowl (the peach bowl)....but so does every other ACC team at this point with the than two losses. Who knows win out and maybe a matchup with PSU but more likely someone like coastal carolina or a BYU which has far less upside.

This board is bipolar. 2 weeks ago, we were doing a coaching search, now we're handing out Heismans & talking playoffs. That big of a swing over wins against New Hampshire and GaTech. :rolleyes:
That’s the nature of fandom. Pitt fans are not unique in this regard. Just think what this board will be like if we beat Va Tech, Clemson and Miami.

I really don't know, the bend but don't break defense scares me. Due for a break. Maybe something like a WTF loss against Syracuse, but then beating Clemson, VA & UNC, but falling to Miami in another WTF game. 9-3 seems realistic but anything from 7-5 to 10-2 could be a possibility.

But it is always good in CFB nowadays to have an offense that can win a 42-35 type shootout game which is what we seem to have this year.
Due for a break? Did you watch the WMU game? If you don’t have faith that’s one thing, but we are not due for a bad outing. We laid our egg already.

And even the egg won't be that bad at the end of the year. WMU also won at Buffalo and will likely be a 10 plus top 25 team at years end. I think VT is the toughest remaining game as they are really the only remaining team with a shot at a great season. Miami, Clemson, UNC already have played themselves out.

And even the egg won't be that bad at the end of the year. WMU also won at Buffalo and will likely be a 10 plus top 25 team at years end. I think VT is the toughest remaining game as they are really the only remaining team with a shot at a great season. Miami, Clemson, UNC already have played themselves out.
I think Pitt matches up well against VT. I like that we are getting them right after they play Notre Dame.

For me, every year is the year.....until it's not....glass half full is the way to live life IMHO.

I would worry more about VT on the road, then Miami, Clemson, NC at home. I say 10-2, with a loss at VT. Like Chris Peake said WM is hard to replicate, just can't throw in a offense and make it work like that QB did. Young secondary should improve, running game worries me, but Picket can pull the offense through.

I would worry more about VT on the road, then Miami, Clemson, NC at home. I say 10-2, with a loss at VT. Like Chris Peake said WM is hard to replicate, just can't throw in a offense and make it work like that QB did. Young secondary should improve, running game worries me, but Picket can pull the offense through.
I worry more about UNC, Miami and Clemson because those teams have more talent. I have a feeling at least 2 of them get their sh!t straightened out by the time we play them. It sucks that we didn't get to play any of them while they're struggling.

Reactions: TD_6082
I worry more about UNC, Miami and Clemson because those teams have more talent. I have a feeling at least 2 of them get their sh!t straightened out by the time we play them. It sucks that we didn't get to play any of them while they're struggling.

I think they are all still struggling as of now. Clemson is still going to be a challenge because they are so good defensively.

Don't sleep on Miami. They are young and have some ability. I can see them making some drastic improvement between now and Oct 30. ...the environment is somewhat toxic down there right now, though.

Running game is improving. Very effective in Atlanta Saturday.

I think some 2-loss teams would get in over Pitt, tbh.

Pitt winning out is a huge reach too at this point,, imo.
Yeah I don't know if a two loss team would get in over 12-1 Pitt or not and honestly I am not worried about it because it's extremely unlikely we win out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT