ADVERTISEMENT

Estimated Rotations through 2027 Season

chrisran24

Redshirt
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2019
Now that Fisher has the 2026 class basically locked up, thought it would be fun to look at what the rotations could look like the next few years, starting with 2025 season. This is assuming no redshirts/transfers, just the potential roster with current players and signees (which I know will change but still a fun exercise to do).

2025:
OH
Stafford, JR
Bayless, JR
Coleman, FR

OPP
Babcock, JR
Emch, FR

MB
Kelley, SR
Jepsen, JR (assuming she returns to Pitt post-mission)
Jones, SO
Garibaldi, SO
Virlan, SO

S
Haiti, JR
Dinn, SO

L
Griffin, SR
Meyer, SO

Pitt loses Fairbanks/Klika/VVG and brings in 6’1 Coleman on the outside and Emch who is 6’4 and is listed as MB/Opp but with the potential depth at MB next year will list her at Opp. The hitting should keep improving into the 2025 season, the question marks there will be how easily Haiti can step into Fairbanks’ role and who takes over the Libero spot from Emmy. May see one of the MBs move around or bring in a depth OH transfer

2026:
OH
Stafford, SR
Bayless, SR
Coleman, SO
Watson, FR

OPP
Babcock, SR
Emch, SO

MB
Jepsen, SR (assuming she returns to Pitt post-mission)
Jones, JR
Garibaldi, JR
Virlan, JR

S
Haiti, SR
Dinn, JR
Hoppe, FR

L
Meyer, JR
Masten, FR
Thompson, FR

This should be the pinnacle year for the 2023 class of Babcock/Stafford/Bayless/Haiti. If they haven’t won a championship yet, they’ll be gunning for it harder than ever at this point. Libero is an unknown but there will be a ton of experience on the team by then, pending transfers and such, plus the young talent of Watson/Coleman/Hoppe.

2027:
OH
Coleman, JR
Watson, SO

OPP
Emch, JR

MB
Jones, SR
Garibaldi, SR
Virlan, SR

S
Dinn, SR
Hoppe, SO

L
Meyer, SR
Masten, SO
Thompson, SO

The 2027 recruiting class is going to need a bunch of hitting to backfill the graduating seniors. Probably need 2 OH, at least one MB and one OPP, again barring transfers. But will be exciting to see the future stars taking lead roles.

Lots to look forward to for Pitt volleyball! Huge props to Fish, Kellen and the staff for their recruiting. Pitt VB is going to be a force for the foreseeable future.

Now that Fisher has the 2026 class basically locked up, thought it would be fun to look at what the rotations could look like the next few years, starting with 2025 season. This is assuming no redshirts/transfers, just the potential roster with current players and signees (which I know will change but still a fun exercise to do).

2025:
OH
Stafford, JR
Bayless, JR
Coleman, FR

OPP
Babcock, JR
Emch, FR

MB
Kelley, SR
Jepsen, JR (assuming she returns to Pitt post-mission)
Jones, SO
Garibaldi, SO
Virlan, SO

S
Haiti, JR
Dinn, SO

L
Griffin, SR
Meyer, SO

Pitt loses Fairbanks/Klika/VVG and brings in 6’1 Coleman on the outside and Emch who is 6’4 and is listed as MB/Opp but with the potential depth at MB next year will list her at Opp. The hitting should keep improving into the 2025 season, the question marks there will be how easily Haiti can step into Fairbanks’ role and who takes over the Libero spot from Emmy. May see one of the MBs move around or bring in a depth OH transfer

2026:
OH
Stafford, SR
Bayless, SR
Coleman, SO
Watson, FR

OPP
Babcock, SR
Emch, SO

MB
Jepsen, SR (assuming she returns to Pitt post-mission)
Jones, JR
Garibaldi, JR
Virlan, JR

S
Haiti, SR
Dinn, JR
Hoppe, FR

L
Meyer, JR
Masten, FR
Thompson, FR

This should be the pinnacle year for the 2023 class of Babcock/Stafford/Bayless/Haiti. If they haven’t won a championship yet, they’ll be gunning for it harder than ever at this point. Libero is an unknown but there will be a ton of experience on the team by then, pending transfers and such, plus the young talent of Watson/Coleman/Hoppe.

2027:
OH
Coleman, JR
Watson, SO

OPP
Emch, JR

MB
Jones, SR
Garibaldi, SR
Virlan, SR

S
Dinn, SR
Hoppe, SO

L
Meyer, SR
Masten, SO
Thompson, SO

The 2027 recruiting class is going to need a bunch of hitting to backfill the graduating seniors. Probably need 2 OH, at least one MB and one OPP, again barring transfers. But will be exciting to see the future stars taking lead roles.

Lots to look forward to for Pitt volleyball! Huge props to Fish, Kellen and the staff for their recruiting. Pitt VB is going to be a force for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for this - you or anyone else able to list their recruiting rankings?

My read is these last 3 classes are stacked. If I recall correctly Coleman and Watson are very highly ranked as well.

Thanks for this - you or anyone else able to list their recruiting rankings?

My read is these last 3 classes are stacked. If I recall correctly Coleman and Watson are very highly ranked as well.
I never had the sense that Dinn and Meyer were ranked in the top 100. Someone can correct me on that.

I never had the sense that Dinn and Meyer were ranked in the top 100. Someone can correct me on that.
Volleyball recruiter lists Dinn as a 4 star — don’t know how that translates to top 100.

Per Volleyball recruiter and reading other sites / articles
5 stars
Babcock, Stafford , Bayless , Coleman , Watson , Hoppe
4 stars
Ha’ti, Dinn, Ench, Jones , Masten

Rest are 3 stars or not rated - hard to get a read on the international players in terms of a rating

Volleyball recruiter lists Dinn as a 4 star — don’t know how that translates to top 100.

Per Volleyball recruiter and reading other sites / articles
5 stars
Babcock, Stafford , Bayless , Coleman , Watson , Hoppe
4 stars
Ha’ti, Dinn, Ench, Jones , Masten

Rest are 3 stars or not rated - hard to get a read on the international players in terms of a rating
I don't follow rankings and such as much as some here, but my sense is that the '26 class will be rated significantly higher than '25.

Reactions: vantheman1976
Agree - the 25 class was small and hard to show near term path to playing time for elite recruits after the 24 class with Babcock, Stafford, Bayless having just enrolled .
I pulled this off a post on the volleytalk board where there is a discussion about 2026 commitments.....16 of the top 20 players according to prepdig are off the board.

Rank Player
1 Henley Anderson - Texas
2 Halle Thompson - Wisconsin
3 Kayla Nwabueze
4 Genevieve Harris - Texas
5 Jayden Robinson - Nebraska
6 Carolyn Tarnow - Wisconsin
7 Keoni Williams
8 Audrey Flanagan - Wisconsin
9 Layli Ostovar - USC
10 Gabby DiVita - Nebraska
11 Giavanna Artiles - Georgia
12 Ayanna Watson - Pitt
13 Finley Krystkowiak - Penn State
14 Elena Hoecke - Minnesota
15 Nadiya Johnson - Baylor
16 Bellamie Beus - Kentucky
17 Kinsley Young
18 Sarah Hickman
19 Isabelle Hoppe - Pitt
20 Danielle Whitmire - Penn State

Wisconsin has 3 of these players......Pitt, Penn State, Texas, and Nebraska all have 2 each. It's pretty clear the Pitt 2026 class will be a top ten class....maybe a top 5. I'm pretty sure Thompson and Masten are also in the top 100.

Reactions: PittMBA
The surprising thing in that top 20 is no Stanford recruits. They always have a couple of top 20 recruits. Maybe the move to the ACC is going to hurt their recruiting. Not because the talent level is lower than the old PAC12 because Pitt and Louisville can play with anyone, but maybe all the cross-country travel is being used as a weapon against them.

The surprising thing in that top 20 is no Stanford recruits. They always have a couple of top 20 recruits. Maybe the move to the ACC is going to hurt their recruiting. Not because the talent level is lower than the old PAC12 because Pitt and Louisville can play with anyone, but maybe all the cross-country travel is being used as a weapon against them.
Maybe.....perhaps even stranger still.....Stanford has no 2026 commitments yet. Again....from the volleytalk board here are the 2026 commitments from the ACC so far.

Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC):
Anna Flores - University of California, Berkeley - Setter (TAV)
Abby Zimmerman - University of California, Berkeley - OPP (SCVC)
Maddie Anspaugh - Clemson University - OH (VC United)
Bennett Raterman - Florida State University - MB (High Performance STL)
Amirra Bailey - University of Louisville - MB (BRAVO)
Jordyn Gray - University of Louisville - OH (Carolina Juniors)
Elli Strecker - University of Louisville - MB (Team Indiana)
Blair Thiebaud - University of Louisville - Setter (Houston Skyline)
Carly Markham - University of North Carolina - Libero/DS (Triangle)
Eva Long - North Carolina State University - Setter (Legacy)
Isabelle Hoppe - University of Pittsburgh - Setter (AVC)
Izzy Masten - University of Pittsburgh - Libero/DS (Rev Volleyball Academy)
Trinity Thompson - University of Pittsburgh - Setter/DS (Vegas Aces)
Ayanna Watson - University of Pittsburgh - OH/OPP (Vegas Aces)
Christa Wilburn - Southern Methodist University - OH/OPP (Austin Skyline)
Gabriella Brodner - University of Virginia - OH/OPP (Jupiter Elite)

Reactions: HOF Coach and Chaos
I pulled this off a post on the volleytalk board where there is a discussion about 2026 commitments.....16 of the top 20 players according to prepdig are off the board.

Rank Player
1 Henley Anderson - Texas
2 Halle Thompson - Wisconsin
3 Kayla Nwabueze
4 Genevieve Harris - Texas
5 Jayden Robinson - Nebraska
6 Carolyn Tarnow - Wisconsin
7 Keoni Williams
8 Audrey Flanagan - Wisconsin
9 Layli Ostovar - USC
10 Gabby DiVita - Nebraska
11 Giavanna Artiles - Georgia
12 Ayanna Watson - Pitt
13 Finley Krystkowiak - Penn State
14 Elena Hoecke - Minnesota
15 Nadiya Johnson - Baylor
16 Bellamie Beus - Kentucky
17 Kinsley Young
18 Sarah Hickman
19 Isabelle Hoppe - Pitt
20 Danielle Whitmire - Penn State

Wisconsin has 3 of these players......Pitt, Penn State, Texas, and Nebraska all have 2 each. It's pretty clear the Pitt 2026 class will be a top ten class....maybe a top 5. I'm pretty sure Thompson and Masten are also in the top 100.
VB Adrenaline has Pitt top 3 with Texas and Wisconsin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT