ADVERTISEMENT

Excited

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
This time last year, I couldn't even watch a Pitt game because it was so depressing. That depression led to withdrawing and not knowing what the future held for hoops.

In just one year:
1) Capel has understood the importance of culture with Pittsburgh, University, Fans, and players. He also brought in an experienced coaching staff.
2) Despite a ton of guys leaving, he put together a roster of guys that are playing harder and with much more passion than I saw under Stallings. Not saying much. But still.
3) Landed a great under the radar point guard in X who already is a huge improvement over what we had last year and will be the leader for this core grouping guys for hopefully 4 seasons.
4) Somehow got Trey without him even visiting Pitt. Once he develops a better jump shot he will be dangerous.
5) Toney seems like the tough angry guy we haven't had since Nas. I have been feeling that our lack of toughness has been a real issue for a while.
6) JWF is playing great and seems to be much more involved in an actual offense instead of shooting 3's every time he catches it.
7) We are in the conversation for Kofi. That's great and if we can get him to visit who knows. If we add Kofi to these guys, I think the NCAA tourney is a possibility next year.

Feeling good right now. Go Pitt!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News