Oct 30, 2001
Only 2 Q1 wins. This would be a very low Q3 loss. Would be

NET 43
2-2
7-3
9-1
7-2

Strength of schedule: 99 and will drop. Pitt is 80

9/5 Q1/2 with a win at Zona is in. If Indiana state gets in FAU does as well.

2 Q4 losses. And this Temple loss would only be Q3 by a couple slots. Very close to Q4. I don't think they'll make my bracket. Also, the bubble is way too strong for Indiana State. Another year, yea, they are probably in. Not this year.

2 Q4 losses. And this Temple loss would only be Q3 by a couple slots. Very close to Q4. I don't think they'll make my bracket. Also, the bubble is way too strong for Indiana State. Another year, yea, they are probably in. Not this year.
The win over Arizona carries a ton of weight. That’s probably one of the most impressive non-conference wins of any bubble team. I hate to say it but the AAC is going to steal an extra bid.

Reactions: 4upmc
It really is almost unbelievable how these conference tournaments have gone. I’ve been a super optimist all week. I still know we absolutely deserve to be in without a doubt. But it just seems like it’s not going to happen. Really frustrating. Because of a broken system.

Honestly, FAU should be out. There has to be some way to limit these leagues to one bid. Not just Pitt, but other deserving teams are going to be screwed over for a terrible Temple team that has no business being in. So FAU should not get a bid.

The win over Arizona carries a ton of weight. That’s probably one of the most impressive non-conference wins of any bubble team. I hate to say it but the AAC is going to steal an extra bid.
Yes, that win carries a ton of weight. Sucks for Pitt cause Temple stole a bid but FAU is a lock.

Reactions: Skinny3423
Yes, that win carries a ton of weight. Sucks for Pitt cause Temple stole a bid but FAU is a lock.
We just need to hope NC State and Oregon loses and that the committee already had Pitt ahead of Seton Hall, Indiana State, UvA etc.

Reactions: 4upmc
We just need to hope NC State and Colorado loses and that the committee already had Pitt ahead of Seton Hall, Indiana State, UvA etc.
Agree. NC needs to take care of business, NC St has to be tired especially the 400 pound big man.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I think we're effed. Needed Dayton and FAU to win their conferences. Needed anybody but New Mexico to win theirs. Absolutely insane how this week has gone.

It really is almost unbelievable how these conference tournaments have gone. I’ve been a super optimist all week. I still know we absolutely deserve to be in without a doubt. But it just seems like it’s not going to happen. Really frustrating. Because of a broken system.

Honestly, FAU should be out. There has to be some way to limit these leagues to one bid. Not just Pitt, but other deserving teams are going to be screwed over for a terrible Temple team that has no business being in. So FAU should not get a bid.
Nah. FAU is safely in. They have OOC wins over Arizona and TAMU. They beat Butler and have a 34 point win over VaTech.

Power Conference bubble teams are just teams that pissed multiple mulligans away. Pitt should have won home games against Missouri & Syracuse. Wake had a red carpet rolled out for them and then they dropped 3 in a row to Notre Dame, GaTech, and VaTech. That's pathetic. I have too much UVA fatigue to even think about them right now.

Be better than the bubble. That's the solution,

The FAU result is the biggest blow to Pitt’s chances so far by a long shot. New Mexico may have snuck in anyway, but Pitt really, really needed FAU, UNC, and Colorado to win.

If you take FAu because of zona you take Pitt because of duke game and road record as those losses don’t matter. Pitt was still in palms bracket with an FAU loss.

Reactions: Parkview57

Losing to 19 loss Temple, a team that has been openly shaving points this season is absolutely atrocious. They already have 2 Q4 losses and Temple will only be a few spots away from Q4. That's 3 of the worst losses of anyone in the field. If they were called East Carolina instead of FAU and went 16-16 last season, they wouldn't be anywhere close to the bubble like AAC Regular Season Champ South Florida who breezed through that league.

FAU may get in but Im telling you its going to be really close. That's an awful awful loss. The Arizona win is nice but they haven't done anything else.

Reactions: H-Burg Panther
Besides the wins over Arizona and Texas A&M they beat a lot of solid teams in the non conference schedule.

FAU also beat:

Loyola Chicago
Butler
Va Tech
College of Charleston
St Bonaventure

Maybe not murderers row but that’s a lot of good wins and they will be rewarded for that.

Trying to be as positive as I can about Pitt’s prospects tomorrow at 6pm, but the bubble truly went awry this weekend, not in our favor. Friggen terrible.

Temple playing like they want to earn a “get out of jail free” card before some of their players actually go to jail 😂

Besides the wins over Arizona and Texas A&M they beat a lot of solid teams in the non conference schedule.

FAU also beat:

Loyola Chicago
Butler
Va Tech
College of Charleston
St Bonaventure

Maybe not murderers row but that’s a lot of good wins and they will be rewarded for that.

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

FAU has one of the weirdest resumes out there. Better wins than mkst but a few insane losses. I have no clue what the committee does with it but it sucks that conference could have multiple teams in now.

The FAU result is the biggest blow to Pitt’s chances so far by a long shot. New Mexico may have snuck in anyway, but Pitt really, really needed FAU, UNC, and Colorado to win.
Everything went against us today unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT