ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Female Rock (or other) voices

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Been thinking about this for awhile. I realize saying "best" is so completely subjective, that stating favorite makes more sense because people put down their "favorites" for "best" anyways.....so I will start with the two Kate's.
The B52s Kate Pierson doing Shiny Happy People with REM

'

Here's another ...

The women's name is Greta Morgan ...

A fantastic topic, as my personal favorite music is female blues artists.

Cassandra Wilson has a voice that is as smooth as syrup but can cut right through you.

You may have never heard of her but you have heard her sing.

True Detective Season 3. She does the opening song, a killer rendition of "Death Letter" by the all time great Son House.

Been thinking about this for awhile. I realize saying "best" is so completely subjective, that stating favorite makes more sense because people put down their "favorites" for "best" anyways.....so I will start with the two Kate's.

'

I was always a bigger fan of Cindy than Kate.

'
I go back to the late 60s- early 70s.The best female voices as far as just pure quality of voice were

Linda Ronstadt
Karen Carpenter
Roberta Flack
Mama Cass
Judy Collins
But the best in my opinion was Judith Durham, the lead singer of the Seekers.

Loved most of the females previously mentioned. But, I have been enamored in recent years on the 'Got Talent' world tours with a lady named Cristina Ramos. Best female voice I've ever heard. She does opera, pop, rock, you name it, she can sing it. Puts on a terrific show also, and would appeal to the rock crowd. I would love to see her live. Go to Youtube, and search the name, then watch her performances. Mesmerizing, and entertaining.

Maybe the best new female artist ...

Last name is Miyawaki

Tanya Donnelly (Belly)
Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star)
Natalie Merchant (10000 Maniacs)
Harriet Wheeler (The Sunday’s)
Dolores O’Riordan (The Cranberries)

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Ann Wilson hands down . But Pat Benatar a close second .
Pat Benatar studied opera . Plus she's Italiano so ...
But Ann definitely .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT