ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Schools by Conference

upj87

Head Coach
Nov 5, 2003
Just for shoots and googles...Which is your favorite school to root for from each conference just to see if there is any commonality among this Lair assemblage. Obviously have to choose #2 from the ACC...

I got..

Georgia Tech
Michigan State
Tennessee
Oklahoma State

I can explain the first two as having a Pitt analogy slant to them. The final two, not sure, might be my love of orange unis dating back to the orange of the West End Catholic Hornets...

Just for shoots and googles...Which is your favorite school to root for from each conference just to see if there is any commonality among this Lair assemblage. Obviously have to choose #2 from the ACC...

I got..

Georgia Tech
Michigan State
Tennessee
Oklahoma State

I can explain the first two as having a Pitt analogy slant to them. The final two, not sure, might be my love of orange unis dating back to the orange of the West End Catholic Hornets...
Matches mines.

I root for any scenario that would help Pitt. For instance, ACC teams in non-conference games, teams Pitt plays, etc.. I also root for upsets. With that being said, I list them as follows:

ACC - Clemson
Big 10 - Rutgers
SEC - Ole Miss
Big 12 - Oklahoma State

Reactions: Tomster6758
I like chaos so I am pretty much always rooting for the underdog when Pitt is not playing. I also agree with rooting for whoever would help Pitt. I pretty much can't stand UNC but I was pulling for them last night versus Minnesota to bolster the ACC. But if I had to pick, I'd say:

ACC - I have a soft spot for Syracuse and BC from the Big East days, and they were pretty harmless for us given that they were in the Atlantic Division. So I cheered for them.

Big 10 - whoever is playing Penn State that week. But I guess I would say Michigan (like them more than OSU), Iowa (coach connection to Western PA), and Rutgers (another old Big East foe). Now that UCLA is in the Big 10, I'll add them to my list.

SEC - Maybe Kentucky because it's the closest to Western PA. I liked Les Miles and would cheer for his LSU teams, but it's much harder to root for LSU with Brian Kelly now. I always kinda liked Auburn for some reason, too.

Big 12 - WVU, another old Big East conference member.

ACC; Pitt. 2nd choice would be anyone whose victory benefits Pitt.
SEC; Used to like LSU, but I'm not a big Kelly fan. I'll move over to TEXAS.
B10; Really don't have any preferences in this conference. I do like IOWA's uniforms.
B12; what a mishmash! I'm going to go for HOUSTON.

I know in my previous post I said I was hoping for the locust plague in the WVU-PSU, but in actuality I'm all Let's Go Mountaineers. For some reason, I don't hate them that much even though I should and do root for them when they play big name opponents like Texas or Oklahoma.

I got..

Georgia Tech
Michigan State
Tennessee
Oklahoma State

ACC - Whatever helps Pitt the most.
B10 - Whoever is playing Psu
B12 - Whoever is playing Wvu
SEC - The team who is the underdog and/or screws Psu from getting into the playoffs.

I got..

Georgia Tech
Michigan State
Tennessee
Oklahoma State

UNC
Iowa
Miss St
Utah

I don't watch a lot of college football like I used to but I'd say something like this

Georgia Tech
Purdue
Mizzou? (I hate the SEC so really no one)
Utah

Also my daughter goes to Temple, so Temple

ACC - NC State (both kids went there).
Big 10 - whoever is playing Penn State , or else Indiana (feel sorry for them)
SEC - South Carolina
Big 12 - whoever plays WVU or else Kansas State
American - South Florida (wife's alma mater)

Back in the big east days before realignment:

Big east - pitt
Acc - clemson
Sec - florida
Big - michigan
Big xii - colorado
PAC 10 - Arizona

Post realignment and especially recently, I hate everyone but Pitt.

Reactions: Tomster6758
I like chaos so I am pretty much always rooting for the underdog when Pitt is not playing. I also agree with rooting for whoever would help Pitt. I pretty much can't stand UNC but I was pulling for them last night versus Minnesota to bolster the ACC. But if I had to pick, I'd say:

ACC - I have a soft spot for Syracuse and BC from the Big East days, and they were pretty harmless for us given that they were in the Atlantic Division. So I cheered for them.

Big 10 - whoever is playing Penn State that week. But I guess I would say Michigan (like them more than OSU), Iowa (coach connection to Western PA), and Rutgers (another old Big East foe). Now that UCLA is in the Big 10, I'll add them to my list.

SEC - Maybe Kentucky because it's the closest to Western PA. I liked Les Miles and would cheer for his LSU teams, but it's much harder to root for LSU with Brian Kelly now. I always kinda liked Auburn for some reason, too.

I pretty much can't stand UNC but I was pulling for them last night versus Minnesota to bolster the ACC.

Came down to a missed FG at the end to knock off the preseason #15 team in the B10. That’s some serious bolstering.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I pretty much can't stand UNC but I was pulling for them last night versus Minnesota to bolster the ACC.

Came down to a missed FG at the end to knock off the preseason #15 team in the B10. That’s some serious bolstering.
Hey man, ACC vs. Big 10 record right now is 1-0. I'll take an ACC win on the road against a Big 10 school any way I can get it.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ACC - Whatever helps Pitt the most.
B10 - Whoever is playing Psu
B12 - Whoever is playing Wvu
SEC - The team who is the underdog and/or screws Psu from getting into the playoffs.

Only addendum I would make is a "whomever is playing Notre Dame" addition. There aren't many circumstances when I want them to win, whether they're the underdog or not.

ACC- Pitt then Clemson
BIG10 - Anyone who plays UPS
Big12 - Ok State. Beautiful campus
SEC - Hottie Tottie

I got..

Georgia Tech
Michigan State
Tennessee
Oklahoma State

Acc - Pitt and no one else.
Big 10 - Michigan love the uniforms
Big 12 - Hoopies Why not they are no longer a rival
Sec - No one sticks out. Sooners if you put a gun to my head.

ACC: UNC because my daughter is going there for her PhD in Chemistry/whatever helps Pitt the most
B12: ASU because it's my wife’s Alma mater/whoever is playing WVU
B10: whoever is playing PSU
MWC: Colorado State because my daughter did her undergrad there
SEC: No one in particular but if I had to pick, Vandy because my daughter was treated very well on her grad school visit

ACC: Clemson
Big 10: Michigan
Big 12: Maybe Baylor or OSU
SEC: Florida when it was Spurrier and later Tebow. I did like Alabama under Saban and have always liked watching LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT