ADVERTISEMENT

Fearbry commits to PSU

Not surprised you fail to get it, you are not terribly bright. Never said to wish them luck or hope for great success. Your better off saying/hoping/wishing nothing. None of it matters anyways they will succeed or fail on their own merits regardless. So vocalizing them failure is stupid on many levels and shows how classless the person saying that is. CASE IN POINT YOU! You are one of the most classless posters on this forum.
You either want the kid to do well at Penn State or you dont.

Here I'll ask you and I guarantee you wont answer this simple question?

Do you want Fearbry to have a very successful career at PSU

a) yea
b) no

a) yea
b) no
Are you saying that because he is currently planning to attend Penn State, you want him to be a failure? What kind of "person" are you?

Because it's disgusting to me when people wish failure on players just because they choose to go somewhere else. Did the kid talk trash on the program or is he contacting Pitt's best commits to try and get them to flip? I haven't heard anything like that, so why should a rational person pray for his dreams to die? I hope the PSU program all the failure in the world, but not on some kid that decided he could do better there.

These are the same people that use the horrific Sandusky scandal to lob insults at people that had nothing to do with it. I have extended family with degrees from PSU, I have been to Steelers games with them while they're wearing a PSU hat and saw people with Pitt gear shout that he's a pedophile in front of his kids. That same extended family also has current and former Pitt faculty, Pitt Department Heads, and a Pitt Hall of Famer.

We don't need those types of fans.
It's a Pitt board, not sure what you expected when losing a local recruit. I don't think anyone is condoning the ignorant comments. On the contrary, several folks have admonished posters for making them. Most of it is targeted towards the program and the individual player gets caught up in it.

I'm simply making the observation that you took the time and effort to provide detail to defend PSU while claiming they live in the head's of others.

If there wasn't another PSU related post on this board I'd be the happiest guy on earth. But, I know it won't happen so I typically ignore the threads. Except this one because it was about a recruit.

Wait, me? The guy with my Pitt apartment address as my forum nickname? My 2,000+ posts on the Panther Lair are all PSU discussions?

It's not my fault that so many people on this board live in their own delusional world where Pitt is some Mecca of player development. Pitt does a great job of developing players for the NFL, arguably one of the top 20 programs in the country, but so does PSU.

You have a bunch of grown-ass men acting like jilted teenage girls and hoping for a young man's failure because he and his family made the decision they felt was best for their future. PSU owns so much space in your heads I'm amazed you are able to function in daily life.
Sorry, I wasn’t referring to you.

a) yea
b) no

Im not a simpleton like you. There is a 3rd option. That option is: I don't care what he does now that Pitt is not it for him. You know what else. It doesn't matter what I or anyone else hope/want him to do either. He will succeed or fail all on his own. So wishing him failure, especially for something as stupid as going to a rival school, is fruitless and pointless. All it does is shows a lack of class.

Last edited:
Another poorly thought out insult.

Drafted DL coached by current staff
Pitt - 4
PSU - 7

So, you're saying Partridge has only had 4 guys drafted?

Pat Jones
Rashad Weaver
Jalen Twyman
JJ Watt
Matt Shaugnessy
O'Brien Schofield
Claude Harriott
Trey Hendrickson
Joe Clermond

a) yea
b) no

Traditionally most Pittsburghers don’t care once you leave the area, unless you’ve played at Pitt…

If you play at Pitt you are remembered longer and more fondly. . Even if you’re not a Pitt fan, you automatically think about the player that played at Pitt

When you and the rest of the locals think about the greatest QB from Western PA, who do you automatically think of? Jim Kelly? Joe Namath? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? No, most people think Dan Marino. Ask a Penn State fan…

When you think about the greatest DB’s out of the Pittsburgh area? Do you think Ty Law??? No, most think about Darrelle Revis.

When you think about the greatest WR to
come out of the Pittsburgh area, who do think of? Tyler Boyd or Steve Breaston?

DL? Aaron Donald or Jason Taylor?

Is there a street named after Namath or Dorsett? How about Montana Ave? Kelly street?

The fact is when a local player goes elsewhere, they are not as remembered fondly no matter how well you do…

BTW… Whatever happened to Terrelle Pryor?

Traditionally most Pittsburghers don’t care once you leave the area, unless you’ve played at Pitt…

If you play at Pitt you are remembered longer and more fondly. . Even if you’re not a Pitt fan, you automatically think about the player that played at Pitt

When you and the rest of the locals think about the greatest QB from Western PA, who do you automatically think of? Jim Kelly? Joe Namath? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? No, most people think Dan Marino. Ask a Penn State fan…

When you think about the greatest DB’s out of the Pittsburgh area? Do you think Ty Law??? No, most think about Darrelle Revis.

Is there a street named after Namath or Dorsett? How about Montana Ave? Kelly street?

The fact is when a local player goes elsewhere, they are not as remembered fondly no matter how well you do…

13cf873d-36b1-4300-842b-3cb850a6267d.JPG

I think he is working at Orange Julius at the Monroeville Mall

Listen the kid from Perry is a nice looking prospect who has a chance to be very good. But, compare his film and competition to Nakhi's. Nakhi is a violent dude whose disposition is going to excite many PITT fans.

Not a knock on his defensive play, but I thought Fearby might have ended up as a decent TE at Pitt. More bummed about that as a “miss”.

I appreciate your sentiment but this is about as rosey as one can paint a picture.

QB's? I love Marino and will make an argument he is the greatest passer of all time. But, he is not the 1st person people think of when it comes to WPA QB's. It's all of them. But, Montana takes the cake. He's got the rings and is always put on a pedestal. Johnny U is probably 2nd.

Law vs Revis.. Revis was the better pro - sure. But, in Quiptown they both hold equal water.

Aaron Donald is just better than Jason Taylor.

I think there is a Namath street, avenue, etc in BEAVER FALLS - where he's from. Montana has a highway bridge named after him. Kelly has plenty of stuff adoring him in East Brady. Why would any of those guys have anything in Pittsburgh? They didn't live there, grow up there, nor go to school there.

So, you're saying Partridge has only had 4 guys drafted?

Pat Jones
Rashad Weaver
Jalen Twyman
JJ Watt
Matt Shaugnessy
O'Brien Schofield
Claude Harriott
Trey Hendrickson
Joe Clermond
Good point, I was just looking at coordinators and assistants during their tenure with the current HC of each program. So I definitely overlooked other arguments, and this is definitely a good one.

Namath and Dorsett have high school school stadiums as well. They are honored by their high schools, not the city. How many have streets named after them? Only Dorsett has one named after him. Other Heisman Trophy winners from Pittsburgh do not as well. No Johnny Lujack Street or Leon Hart Blvd.

I appreciate your sentiment but this is about as rosey as one can paint a picture.

QB's? I love Marino and will make an argument he is the greatest passer of all time. But, he is not the 1st person people think of when it comes to WPA QB's. It's all of them. But, Montana takes the cake. He's got the rings and is always put on a pedestal. Johnny U is probably 2nd.

Law vs Revis.. Revis was the better pro - sure. But, in Quiptown they both hold equal water.

Aaron Donald is just better than Jason Taylor.

I think there is a Namath street, avenue, etc in BEAVER FALLS - where he's from. Montana has a highway bridge named after him. Kelly has plenty of stuff adoring him in East Brady. Why would any of those guys have anything in Pittsburgh? They didn't live there, grow up there, nor go to school there.

Test out my theory, go to a nitter and ask him who the greatest QB to come out of Western PA and they will tell you Marino. Ask a hoopie as well… I’ve done it and 8 out of 10 times it’s Marino.

Namath and Dorsett have high school school stadiums as well. They are honored by their high schools, not the city. How many have streets named after them? Only Dorsett has one named after him. Other Heisman Trophy winners from Pittsburgh do not as well. No Johnny Lujack Street or Leon Hart Blvd.

So your argument is predicated on one street named after one player? It isn’t like there are streets named for Marino, Curtis Martin, Revis, Baldwin, Gilbert, or Fralic.

As for Marino, I’ve heard as many or more fans talk about Montana being from western PA. Same with Namath and Unitas.

So your argument is predicated on one street named after one player? It isn’t like there are streets named for Marino, Curtis Martin, Revis, Baldwin, Gilbert, or Fralic.

As for Marino, I’ve heard as many or more fans talk about Montana being from western PA. Same with Namath and Unitas.
Maybe in the circles you run around in, but not in mine. People of the city of Pittsburgh love their own. They remember you more fondly when you stay in Pittsburgh and play at Pitt than otherwise. You can believe it or not.

Listen the kid from Perry is a nice looking prospect who has a chance to be very good. But, compare his film and competition to Nakhi's. Nakhi is a violent dude whose disposition is going to excite many PITT fans.

Besides the disposition, his first step is lightning. Watching the highlights, he's got a step in before everyone else even moves.

I believe it was you that mentioned him an Hayes as those rare quick twitch DL years ago, before either was committed to Pitt.

At football, a million percent yes.

Are you saying you want him to be a wildly successful football player at PSU? What kind of Pitt fan are you?
So in order to be a fan, I have to wish ill on a kid? So with that "million percent", you're hoping he blows his knee out or has a bad incident with a poor co-ed? Too many head injuries? Car accident on 22? What does a million percent worth of failings look like to a million percent Pitt fan?

Reactions: bdur76
So in order to be a fan, I have to wish ill on a kid? So with that "million percent", you're hoping he blows his knee out or has a bad incident with a poor co-ed? Too many head injuries? Car accident on 22? What does a million percent worth of failings look like to a million percent Pitt fan?
Do I have to be that specific for you? No, I dont hope he has a career-ending injury or gets arrested or whatever. I want guys like this to have as bad of a career as possible DUE TO FOOTBALL.

I dare you to answer this question. You have 2 choices:

Would you rather see Fearbry:

a) become an AA and 1st Round pick out of PSU

b) sit on the bench for 5 years

I said no in between. Those are your choices. Pick one. I would love it if he sat on the bench for 5 years. I am guessing you want to see him go onto stardom at PSU which is weird.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Do I have to be that specific for you? No, I dont hope he has a career-ending injury or gets arrested or whatever. I want guys like this to have as bad of a career as possible DUE TO FOOTBALL.

I said no in between. Those are your choices. Pick one. I would love it if he sat on the bench for 5 years. I am guessing you want to see him go onto stardom at PSU which is weird.
It is stupid to answer. No matter what PittDan or I or any Pitt fan picks has no bearing on what is going to happen. No need to even go there for that reason. I bet you hoped Miles Sanders failed to. How did that work out for you? What if the kid really wanted to go to Pitt but Pitt didn't want the kid. Would I still have to root for their failure?

Reactions: pittdan77

This is a dumb argument. First of all, nobody should wish bad things for a recruit who chooses another school.

It is also silly to expect a fan base to wish on field success to a kid who rejected your school to play for your rival just because he’s from your backyard.

I’ve always disliked Notre Dame. I never wished on field success for Joe Montana. He played for the enemy. Once he left ND, I had no problem wishing him well on the field except when he played the Steelers.

A.

Happy? Just do us all a favor and keep your million percenter ways to yourself when engaging other fan bases. You're embarrassing.

Reactions: FireballZ
A.

Happy? Just do us all a favor and keep your million percenter ways to yourself when engaging other fan bases. You're embarrassing.
Yea, I figured you wouldnt answer. Its a simple message board question but you are too big of a you know what to answer because it proves my point.

This is a dumb argument. First of all, nobody should wish bad things for a recruit who chooses another school.

It is also silly to expect a fan base to wish on field success to a kid who rejected your school to play for your rival just because he’s from your backyard.

I’ve always disliked Notre Dame. I never wished on field success for Joe Montana. He played for the enemy. Once he left ND, I had no problem wishing him well on the field except when he played the Steelers.
I just hate when I hear "Pitt fans" say "I wish him the best of luck." Why? Maybe that's just the social media equivalent to offering meaningless "thoughts and prayers" after a mass shooting. Thoughts and prayers offer NOTHING and its just one's way of saying "hey, look how great of a person I am, I am offering my thoughts and prayers, which are worth less than 0 to victims' families."

A Pitt fan wishing a recruit "good luck" to go elsewhere is the same thing. None of these guys actually want these players to do well at Penn State unless their weirdos but they are saying "good luck" because they think it helps their reputation on an anonymous message board.

So I am calling you on it. What exactly do you mean when you wish a player good luck at Penn State or say you hope a player does well at Penn State? If its just a saying you don't mean like "thoughts and prayers," fine. But don't come out and criticize people who actually say what 99% of Pitt fans think. When a local kid goes to Penn State, we want him to fail big-time. Period.

I just hate when I hear "Pitt fans" say "I wish him the best of luck." Why? Maybe that's just the social media equivalent to offering meaningless "thoughts and prayers" after a mass shooting. Thoughts and prayers offer NOTHING and its just one's way of saying "hey, look how great of a person I am, I am offering my thoughts and prayers, which are worth less than 0 to victims' families."

A Pitt fan wishing a recruit "good luck" to go elsewhere is the same thing. None of these guys actually want these players to do well at Penn State unless their weirdos but they are saying "good luck" because they think it helps their reputation on an anonymous message board.

So I am calling you on it. What exactly do you mean when you wish a player good luck at Penn State or say you hope a player does well at Penn State? If its just a saying you don't mean like "thoughts and prayers," fine. But don't come out and criticize people who actually say what 99% of Pitt fans think. When a local kid goes to Penn State, we want him to fail big-time. Period.
Fun Fact: A single prayer would be more effective at solving any issue than you would be. ;)

You're a weird dude but you're trying to change your argument and you're ignoring what you're being told. He literally said, he really doesn't care what the kid does. He's just one of a group of us that finds it super weird that you want someone to fail. We get it. You're trash. Quit repeating it.

There’s a big difference between hoping a kid loses a leg, and then hoping he doesn’t amount to much on the football field. On some level that’s what we are wishing for every player that isn’t a Pitt player. Every team’s gains come at every other team’s expense. So I don’t see how it’s wrong to say you hope he sucks and the team he plays for sucks?

At the same time, the whole, “well, the coaching staff tried really hard. They did everything they could do, so f*ck that kid” is shifting the blame. The coaches are not paid to try hard. They are paid to land the recruits they target.

Reactions: pittdan77

Or some people could just be genuine. I hope the kid plays well, stays healthy, and can get drafted. If he doesn't, then oh well no hair off my head. If there is something that Pitt has proven over my lifetime it's that individual player success does not need to be tied to program success...

Also, one of your arguments is virtue signaling to dodge to a serious issue without actually attempting to solve anything. The other is being a rational adult and hoping a child can achieve his dreams. Your consistently weird stances are mind blowing.

Test out my theory, go to a nitter and ask him who the greatest QB to come out of Western PA and they will tell you Marino. Ask a hoopie as well… I’ve done it and 8 out of 10 times it’s Marino.

My wife and I are the only PITT graduates in our family. Everyone else is a nitter, at least a dozen of them have graduated from PSU. I grew up in Nitter country. To them, Marino is the butt of all jokes (48-14) when it comes to western pa qbs, never won a super bowl, etc...

Johnny U was the standard for QB play until Montana came along. Marino's career overlapped with Montana. This carries weight on a national scale in public opinion.

Like I said, my opinion is that Marino is the greatest passer of all time.

There’s a big difference between hoping a kid loses a leg, and then hoping he doesn’t amount to much on the football field. On some level that’s what we are wishing for every player that isn’t a Pitt player. Every team’s gains come at every other team’s expense. So I don’t see how it’s wrong to say you hope he sucks and the team he plays for sucks?

At the same time, the whole, “well, the coaching staff tried really hard. They did everything they could do, so f*ck that kid” is shifting the blame. The coaches are not paid to try hard. They are paid to land the recruits they target.
It really doesn't make a difference what the kid does on the field from a Pitt fan's perspective. To be fair, if he sucks, another kid will most likely play well enough to make the position a problem. They literally jumped into the top 5 in the Rivals rankings just with down lineman this past weekend. I just can't find it in me to wish another player to stink. I played against friends and I know guys that played at every level. Never entered my mind to want anyone to play poorly. Always felt it was on me to be better. And that's the overarching point. Pitt needs to be better.

It really doesn't make a difference what the kid does on the field from a Pitt fan's perspective. To be fair, if he sucks, another kid will most likely play well enough to make the position a problem. They literally jumped into the top 5 in the Rivals rankings just with down lineman this past weekend. I just can't find it in me to wish another player to stink. I played against friends and I know guys that played at every level. Never entered my mind to want anyone to play poorly. Always felt it was on me to be better. And that's the overarching point. Pitt needs to be better.
Pitt does need to be better. That said, I don't see the need to root for a kid that is a local who appeared to be solid with our staff, only to go to the enemy. The Peds are the enemy if you are a Pitt fan. Can you guys please get that through your head? You cannot be a Pitt fan and root for them to. If you do, you are a Psuedo-Pitt fan at best. Once a kid pulls that dark blue jersey with white numbers and no name on the back over their head, they are the enemy.

As for some of you who suggest we wish ill on the kid, that is just wrong and dumb. Not one of us wants the kid to get in a crash on 22, or break a leg on the field, or get busted for some wrong doing. We would just like to see him ride the pine and toil away in anonymity. If that makes me a bad person or shallow, well again, I am just fine with that. Bottom line, I am a true Pitt fan and have no respect for the pedophile program.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittFanDan17
I’ve been a steeler fan my whole life. Should I be wishing ill will on the 2 Rays? That’s Lewis and Rice respectively.

a) yea
b) no

No! I don't wish any injuries etc but hope he is a bust

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT