ADVERTISEMENT

Felt like we were playing Coach K, Laettner, Hurley, Hill, etc...

They did give us ONE break.. making Duke rerun the 2 pt conversion.

Other than that, very one sided against Pitt.

Reactions: PittPanthers90

How did they justify that. It either was a good 2 point conversion or it wasn't. Timeout was not called and there was no penalty.

How can you rerun the play?

How was it a break? The official was waving his arms that the try was no good. Forward progress was stopped. They never should have gotten another try.
There is nothing in the rulebook to allow for another try in that situation.

It was either stopped or he was in. But there are no do overs.

The same ref that was waving his arms changed to indicate TD.

I agree his progress was stopped, but the refs on the field ruled otherwise.

If they discussed it and overturned it, that would be one thing.... but the "do over" is not something that is legit.

There is nothing in the rulebook to allow for another try in that situation.

It was either stopped or he was in. But there are no do overs.

The same ref that was waving his arms changed to indicate TD.

I agree his progress was stopped, but the refs on the field ruled otherwise.

If they discussed it and overturned it, that would be one thing.... but the "do over" is not something that is legit.
The extra try was given because they said there was an inadvertant whistle. So the forward progress was indeed stopped and the official correctly blew his whistle.

The extra try was given because they said there was an inadvertant whistle. So the forward progress was indeed stopped and the official correctly blew his whistle.
No whistle was blown.

They called it an inadvertent "call", whatever that means.

The incompetent is the ACC. This same “crew” did the Delaware game last week and pulled the same crap. ACC knew they were questionable and yet puts them out there anyway.

Narduzzi said as much with his “not that is does any good” swipe at the ACC Tuesday review sessions.

Reactions: FireballZ
How did they justify that. It either was a good 2 point conversion or it wasn't. Timeout was not called and there was no penalty.

How can you rerun the play?
Because the line judge was signaling the play was dead and forward progress was stopped... whistle should have sounded... wider camera view shows it

They should have just got it right the first time instead they created a false controversy of their own making

The pylon 2 points wasn’t any good either and even the jack wagon announcers couldn’t bail it out.

Oh no........more Whistleblower stuff!! I think our President will need to weigh on this.
“Whatever that means”....?

Dude the line judge was running towards the pile signaling play was stopped

It’s not difficult to understand at all

The lack of a whistle was ... hell forward progress wasn’t only stopped... it then went backwards

Reactions: gary2

The lack of a whistle was ... hell forward progress wasn’t only stopped... it then went backwards
Question on the pass interference that was waived off: I clearly saw the one official signal holding not interference. Does holding get waived off on a tip?

Question on the pass interference that was waived off: I clearly saw the one official signal holding not interference. Does holding get waived off on a tip?

It shouldn’t when it happens before the tip.

It was definitely a break, but the fact that Duke almost even had 2 points there is just embarrassing. By far the worst call that crew made all night, that was an historically awful call. The only thing that saved us was the ref that initially signaled no good, although the rest of the crew considered that the wrong call.

So not only were they very one sided towards Duke, but the one time they give Pitt a break they actually managed to screw over both teams in the process.

It shouldn’t when it happens before the tip.
Also I don’t think that was even PI, so it really shouldn’t have mattered. I believe that should’ve been defensive holding, which clearly happened before the ball was tipped because that is a penalty that occurs before the pass is even thrown.

I wouldn't call that a break... the play was obviously over without a score. The damned line judge came running in towards the scrum waving his arms to signal "no score". But no one blew the play dead!! That would have been icing on the cake if they let that play stand. Then, to add insult to injury, they let Duke try it again!!!

The single worst officiating I've ever seen... incompetence from start to finish.

sarcasm. That's all.

Terrible call in the first place, but duke has a gripe on it as you can’t really overturn that in that manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT