ADVERTISEMENT

Ffrench, Mack and Carter.

Pittski

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
New Albany, OH
When was the last time we had three players with their speed and ability to make plays in space on the field at the same time? I believe Pitt’s wr’s are their most underrated asset and that the depth of talent is revealed this season. The more I think about it I don’t think we will have a 1,000 yard receiver but I do think we have a number of players between 200 and 950 yards. I listed them in # of touches I think they would get per route group.

RB’s on swing and circle routes, Davis, Carter and Sibley. (I suspect Davis is on the field the most but Carter gets a disproportionate share of touches when he’s on field.)

Short to intermediate routes - Ffrench, Tipton, Matthews, Gragg, Butler-Jenkins, J.Vardzel.

Intermediate to Long routes- Mack, SJL, Tipton, Matthews and Smith.

Matthews and Tipton in particular have the potential to be big contributors on intermediate routes. I don’t know that either tops 400 yards but they shouldn’t have to for a high production offense. I suspect Ffrench, Mack, Davis and Carter will be the bell cows and we’re going to have a handful of supporting cast.

What do you think? Where are your expectations around the passing game?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News