ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommit?

5* QB from UPS?
Wow, it is early, seasons not over, but there are many Top QBs there at PSU right now. As I see it, some other Coach is after Fields telling him, why wait at State, McSorley will be back in 2018 and if not him, Stevens?This is the trend now anyhow, Franklin loses Commits every year.

Come to Florida (Nussmeier), Georgia (Chaney), FSU (Sanders), (Michigan (Harbaugh), LSU (Canada), Auburn (Lindsey), or another and play right away???

LINK: Not looking for Penn State at 19%!
http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Fields-91048

Penn State decent is continuing being passed by Miami, Ohio State, and LSU now. Texas, FSU, ND, Nebraska, Michigan and even Baylor are rising not falling. Pitt has to take on and challenge Miami, but Penn State must deal with Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska that is on their Schedule 2017-18.

If Penn State has less than a stellar 10+ Win Season, many may De-Committ and Ohio state just passed them in the Rankings. It will be tougher for Pitt take advantage though since 2018 Recruits may be limited to 15 to 18?

I still see Pitt's Coach Pat & Staff better coaching of having to do more with Less Recruiting Resources and far Tougher Schedules with beating Higher Ranked Caliber Teams and Coaches in 2015-16 as Penn State's Program provided Franklin with many advantages will be overcome in the coming years.

SEC produces, Recruits, and develop the Best CFB Players fro the NFL and ACC is continuing growing their own foot print in doing it, especially at QB. Is anybody excited about the return of OSU's Barrett. Michigan's Speight, Wisky's Hornbrook, or any Big Ten QB??? I think NWU Thorson may be the best of that bunch with McSorley. Just a Hunch but my pick is Maryland's True freshman Kasim Hill is one to watch in 2017.

We shall see in 2017 the Panther's Paths to Pitt's Pat & Staff Winning in the ACC Coastal Future is still easier than Winning in the Big Ten East!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chescat
Wow, it is early, seasons not over, but there are many Top QBs there at PSU right now. As I see it, some other Coach is after Fields telling him, why wait at State, McSorley will be back in 2018 and if not him, Stevens?This is the trend now anyhow, Franklin loses Commits every year.

Come to Florida (Nussmeier), Georgia (Chaney), FSU (Sanders), (Michigan (Harbaugh), LSU (Canada), Auburn (Lindsey), or another and play right away???

LINK: Not looking for Penn State at 19%!
http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Fields-91048

Penn State decent is continuing being passed by Miami, Ohio State, and LSU now. Texas, FSU, ND, Nebraska, Michigan and even Baylor are rising not falling. Pitt has to take on and challenge Miami, but Penn State must deal with Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska that is on their Schedule 2017-18.

If Penn State has less than a stellar 10+ Win Season, many may De-Committ and Ohio state just passed them in the Rankings. It will be tougher for Pitt take advantage though since 2018 Recruits may be limited to 15 to 18?

I still see Pitt's Coach Pat & Staff better coaching of having to do more with Less Recruiting Resources and far Tougher Schedules with beating Higher Ranked Caliber Teams and Coaches in 2015-16 as Penn State's Program provided Franklin with many advantages will be overcome in the coming years.

SEC produces, Recruits, and develop the Best CFB Players fro the NFL and ACC is continuing growing their own foot print in doing it, especially at QB. Is anybody excited about the return of OSU's Barrett. Michigan's Speight, Wisky's Hornbrook, or any Big Ten QB??? I think NWU Thorson may be the best of that bunch with McSorley. Just a Hunch but my pick is Maryland's True freshman Kasim Hill is one to watch in 2017.

We shall see in 2017 the Panther's Paths to Pitt's Pat & Staff Winning in the ACC Coastal Future is still easier than Winning in the Big Ten East!

Captain, I agree. IMO the key for Pitt is keeping Narduzzi and letting him reproduce what he was part of at MSU.....in other words, recruit very good, hard nosed 3 star players and get them to play with an edge. Personally I feel Narduzii does this very well. He also seems to have a talent at getting lightly recruited players to change positions and excel. O' Neil and Soto were recruited by Chryst and were nothing special. Narduzzi changed their positions and got them where they were best suited given their physical abilities. I probably missed some other examples, but this is where we can make up the gap. If Narduzzi continues this and keeps us in the 8,9 win range I believe that will lead us to more 4 star recruits.

Last edited:
Georgia....FSU....Florida .....PSU

For Fields....one of these things doesn't go with the others.....

Captain, I agree. IMO the key for Pitt is keeping Narduzzi and letting him reproduce what he was
part of at MSU.....in other words, recruit very good, hard nosed 3 star players and get them to
play with an edge. Personally I feel Narduzii does this very well. He also seems to have a talent at
getting lightly recruited players to change positions and excel. O' Neil and Soto were recruited
by Chryst and were nothing special. Narduzzi changed their positions and got them where they
were best suited given their physical abilities. I probably missed some other examples, but this is
where we can make up the gap. If Narduzzi continues this and keeps us in the 8,9 win range I
believe that will lead us to more 4 star recruits.
Agree, I see Coach Pat much like Joe Paterno and NWU Fitzgerald and like you say Dantonio, and would add Ferentz and (Chryst Too But PN Better On ST) too, but, and Pitt's Pat like them turns Recruits into Players into well Executed Teams. They play all 4 Quarters too and you know you are in a Game when playing them. Coach Pat & Staff also keeps quiet and close tabs not talking much in the Media on certain subjects like injuries or other inside information.

Coach Pat loves his job, vocation, players and being at Pitt, just like his father at YSU! I like to see Palko added as a Coach one day as well. A wise Coach told me to my face, "CFB games are mostly won by 4 to 6 Plays by 2 to 3 Great Dependable Leadership Players that do their job every game in any year as a Team. when you come to think there are only 60-80 plays a Game. And there are Super QBS, WRs, RBS, along with DLs, LBs, and DBs, one can see what he meant when ho told me that. Just 2 to 3 Players can really be the difference between 8-5 and 10-2+!

Of course having so many talented freshmen mixed in with a few transfers that want to play so transfer where both can play right away at QB with 4th and 5th year Role Players that have maturity and practice experience also helps. Pitt has been 8-5 and just missed going 10-2 the last few years, doing it that way. Until it can establish and rebuild its Program Recruiting Resources.

Like you said, just a few years ago, Iowa and MSU went 12-2 in 2015 with mostly 3 Star Recruits. Of course BAma and Clemson won it all the last 2 years with far ore 4 & 5 stars.But Texas, Notre Dame, and USC weer no where to be found and they had many 4 & 5 stars too, but some Coaching Problems with Kiffen, Sarkasian, Kelly, and Brown and Strong??? LSU & UTenn too!

Last edited:
That happens a lot when you pressure kids to commit early in the process...

Penn State was on him earlier before the big guys down south were after him heavily. We will normally keep a guy like him from up here(Parsons yeah I know but he is still likely coming to PSU) but once Georgia and FSU turned up the pressure it was the end. Can't blame the kid either. McSorley, Stevens, Zembiec, Clifford are all on board and McSorley is the only one that is not a top 150 kid out of high school.

It still blows though, no doubt. Fields is going to be amazing.

$EC bag men strike again. LOL at Ped State fans.

Not a soul is saying this about this instant unless I am missing something. The kid is still going to be making return trips to PSU and with another good season and if Moorhead sticks around who knows? Unlikely given that he can play much closer to home.

The only thing I have seen mentioned that is a little weird is that Cam Newton's dad is now heavily involved in his recruitment for some reason.

Point out my defense. Or don't because you are making stuff up. I said that people were running with things that are not absolutes and that I am basically as clueless as anyone else. If that is a defense then I would be a really, really bad lawyer.

Reactions: Ol_Roy
So you believe Paterno was wrong by not reporting a crime to the police?

Uhhh yes. Doesn't mean I can put myself in his shoes at the time and I do truly believe that he didn't know what kind of monster Sandusky was. The state didn't. The people at the Second Mile who are trained in these areas didn't.

He should have reported him, and "with the benefit of hindsight", he knew that too. The info that came out in later years was much much more than what McQueary has said he basically downplayed when relaying it to Paterno.

Uhhh yes. Doesn't mean I can put myself in his shoes at the time and I do truly believe that he didn't know what kind of monster Sandusky was. The state didn't. The people at the Second Mile who are trained in these areas didn't.

He should have reported him, and "with the benefit of hindsight", he knew that too. The info that came out in later years was much much more than what McQueary has said he basically downplayed when relaying it to Paterno.

If JVP didn't know anything, why was this condition imposed on Sandusky by PSU in 2002?

"Sandusky is banned from bringing children onto the Penn State campus in a decision reviewed and approved by Spanier, the university president."

In your continued attempts to defend the indefensible you guys continue to get tripped up by the FACTS.

Link: http://www.npr.org/2011/11/08/142111804/penn-state-abuse-scandal-a-guide-and-timeline

Reactions: PittPanthers90
If JVP didn't know anything, why was this condition imposed on Sandusky by PSU in 2002?

"Sandusky is banned from bringing children onto the Penn State campus in a decision reviewed and approved by Spanier, the university president."

In your continued attempts to defend the indefensible you guys continue to get tripped up by the FACTS.

Link: http://www.npr.org/2011/11/08/142111804/penn-state-abuse-scandal-a-guide-and-timeline
I'm sure Joe also knew the REAL reason Sandusky quit as DC in '98 too. The top DC in the country doesn't quit for no reason. And then they gave him a real, to him, golden parachute. Unlimited access to young boys right on campus.

PSU is not in decline whatsoever. QB's de commit all the time. Fields is from GA, and has a lot of pressure to stay closer to home. PSU is also well stocked at QB. The fact is, Franklin was in on Fields long before anyone. This has nothing to do with bag men, and that's nonsense. No one has said that. Fields is a great kid and good student. Only this board could turn a QB conversation into Sandusky. Bravo once again. The obsession continues.

Reactions: Safety Blitz
It's still PedSt to the rest of the country. Bravo.

PSU is not in decline whatsoever. QB's de commit all the time. Fields is from GA, and has a lot of pressure to stay closer to home. PSU is also well stocked at QB. The fact is, Franklin was in on Fields long before anyone. This has nothing to do with bag men, and that's nonsense. No one has said that. Fields is a great kid and good student. Only this board could turn a QB conversation into Sandusky. Bravo once again. The obsession continues.

Between the trials over the past couple of years, a new movie being produced starring Pacino, countless lives which were damaged/destroyed based on the acts of Sandusky and the UPS admin, it's difficult not to keep this topic at the forefront.

For those of you who aren't banned (or just take the time to sign out) you should read the whole thread about Fields decommitting. A poster from GA came on and posted that inside source told him that his decommitment is imminent and they ripped him shreds. Then in less than 24 hours when it happened they still couldn't own up and admit they were wrong. It's a good read :D

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/fields-decommitting.175343/

Obsession?

Like defending a coach that your school fired for not contacting police?

paternosandusky.jpg

QUOTE="Hotshoe, post: 1914303, member: 6356"]PSU is not in decline whatsoever. QB's de commit all the time. Fields is from GA, and has a lot of pressure to stay closer to home. PSU is also well stocked at QB. The fact is, Franklin was in on Fields long before anyone. This has nothing to do with bag men, and that's nonsense. No one has said that. Fields is a great kid and good student. Only this board could turn a QB conversation into Sandusky. Bravo once again. The obsession continues.[/QUOTE]

Obsession?

Like defending a coach that your school fired for not contacting police?

paternosandusky.jpg

QUOTE="Hotshoe, post: 1914303, member: 6356"]PSU is not in decline whatsoever. QB's de commit all the time. Fields is from GA, and has a lot of pressure to stay closer to home. PSU is also well stocked at QB. The fact is, Franklin was in on Fields long before anyone. This has nothing to do with bag men, and that's nonsense. No one has said that. Fields is a great kid and good student. Only this board could turn a QB conversation into Sandusky. Bravo once again. The obsession continues.
[/QUOTE]
So, Dantonio did the right thing, but Joe didn't. Did Dantonio call the police? What is NCAA protocol? Furthermore, the victim never went to Joe, another party did. It's exactly why all public schools and corporations have protocols that must be followed. But don't let facts get in the way of your faux outrage. BTW, the post is about Fields.

So, Dantonio did the right thing, but Joe didn't. Did Dantonio call the police? What is NCAA protocol? Furthermore, the victim never went to Joe, another party did. It's exactly why all public schools and corporations have protocols that must be followed. But don't let facts get in the way of your faux outrage. BTW, the post is about Fields.[/QUOTE]

Who the hell is defending Dantonio? Keep trying to slip and squirm out of the topic at hand.

Regarding the Field decommitment; it's not surprising that he would reconsider one of the Florida schools, or a team from the south. What a find funny is all of the PSU fans ripping on the kid for considering Florida; as if Florida is some has-been and PSU is somehow the better program.

Penn State was on him earlier before the big guys down south were after him heavily. We will normally keep a guy like him from up here(Parsons yeah I know but he is still likely coming to PSU) but once Georgia and FSU turned up the pressure it was the end. Can't blame the kid either. McSorley, Stevens, Zembiec, Clifford are all on board and McSorley is the only one that is not a top 150 kid out of high school.

My buddy, who is a ped st. fan keeps telling me that the pedophiles are still going to get Micah Parsons. You people really are quite naive. He opened it up to find out what he and his dad can be offered. He will be going to the highest bidder and that will not be Ped. St.

As for Fields, your head coach has an aura of arrogance about him thinking that he can go down to SEC country and pluck the best QB in Georgia away from there. I credit him for the commit, but it wasn't going to last. As a Pitt fan, I like that arrogance, I hope he continues to waste his time and a portion of the recruiting budget on kids he has little to no chance with. He has been recruiting well, but he needs to keep it real and stick to the area that works for him, which has been the DELMARVA.

My buddy, who is a ped st. fan keeps telling me that the pedophiles are still going to get Micah Parsons. You people really are quite naive. He opened it up to find out what he and his dad can be offered. He will be going to the highest bidder and that will not be Ped. St.

As for Fields, your head coach has an aura of arrogance about him thinking that he can go down to SEC country and pluck the best QB in Georgia away from there. I credit him for the commit, but it wasn't going to last. As a Pitt fan, I like that arrogance, I hope he continues to waste his time and a portion of the recruiting budget on kids he has little to no chance with. He has been recruiting well, but he needs to keep it real and stick to the area that works for him, which has been the DELMARVA.

I bet you'd give up both of your balls to have a Top 10 recruiting class and finish. Fields was a 3 star without a Georgia offer when he landed him. I wish our coach was recruiting with that kind of arrogance

I bet you'd give up both of your balls to have a Top 10 recruiting class and finish. Fields was a 3 star without a Georgia offer when he landed him. I wish our coach was recruiting with that kind of arrogance

Leave it to Mauti/Dion to chime in with a nitter perspective.

Brilliant to say our and him when both are Jimmy. You are...PedSt..

["PSUriseANDfire, post: 1913839, member: 4280"]Penn State was on him earlier before the big guys down south were after him heavily. We will normally keep a guy like him from up here(Parsons yeah I know but he is still likely coming to PSU) but once Georgia and FSU turned up the pressure it was the end. Can't blame the kid either. McSorley, Stevens, Zembiec, Clifford are all on board and McSorley is the only one that is not a top 150 kid out of high school.
Good comment, but still a Great Class and other QBs Prospect with Time to Recruit them, especially if Penn State builds on its 11-3 Season from 2016.

The only problem i ever see is if that recruits comes back and plays against Penn State and Beats them, then there is more regret.

I always respect what recruits want to do and even if they do beat you there is still respect for that too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT