ADVERTISEMENT

Carrington and Lowe next year vs Former Powerhouse Pitt backcourts, who is best?

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
This is NEXT year I am talking about, not this year.

In no particular order,

Wanamaker / Gibbs
Krauser / Page
Knight / Page
Fields / Cook

Going into next year, you figure Lowe and Carrington are a preseason top 5 backcourt duo in the country. Those duos above were outstanding but Lowe / Carrington might be better than all of them next year if Carrington returns. Carrington has a chance to be a complete stud on defense and has a chance to get on the Julius Page / Jaron Brown level on defense next year. Lowe is going to blow past John Lucas III in time, the former big 12 player of the year who is personally training Lowe this summer 1 on 1.

If you add in the depth, with Brandin Cummings who is ready to be a star and Leggett, this backcourt has to be the best next preseason I would think in the last 30 years.

2 parts I loved about Bub's interview tonight. Actually 3.

He said not making the tournament puts another chip on his shoulder That sounds like Krauser mentality. "We all we got"

He said not being ranked highly in the recruiting ranks makes him work harder.

And lastly, we can put to bed any possibility of him transferring, which I told you guys was never going to happen. There is 0 percent chance of that ever happening, especially with Lowe right next to him.

Now we wait....

But man, what could be next year with this backcourt and Kante back.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
This is NEXT year I am talking about, not this year.

In no particular order,

Wanamaker / Gibbs
Krauser / Page
Knight / Page
Fields / Cook

Going into next year, you figure Lowe and Carrington are a preseason top 5 backcourt duo in the country. Those duos above were outstanding but Lowe / Carrington might be better than all of them next year if Carrington returns. Carrington has a chance to be a complete stud on defense and has a chance to get on the Julius Page / Jaron Brown level on defense next year. Lowe is going to blow past John Lucas III in time, the former big 12 player of the year who is personally training Lowe this summer 1 on 1.

If you add in the depth, with Brandin Cummings who is ready to be a star and Leggett, this backcourt has to be the best next preseason I would think in the last 30 years.

Bub / Lowe and it's not close. Add in Leggett, who plays like he's much taller, and it's out of this world. The assist and rebounding numbers are extraordinary for this trio.

Let's make sure they're actually back first. I imagine a ton of teams can pay more than Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT