ADVERTISEMENT

First packed arena in the world since March

SMF. Do you think there is a double standard with the complaints about a Trump rally versus the protesting that has been going on for weeks?

I do not believe people should be having mass gathering protests in this environment. At least those are outdoors. I don't understand why Trump cant have rallies in stadiums if he MUST have 15K+ low IQ folks come see him.

I do not believe people should be having mass gathering protests in this environment. At least those are outdoors. I don't understand why Trump cant have rallies in stadiums if he MUST have 15K+ low IQ folks come see him.
Well at least you can be consistent that there shouldn't be mass gatherings. I probably wouldn't have the rally either and I am someone who will vote for Trump.

So you think the Trump folks are low IQ but the folks protesting and destroying cities are high IQ? Or are they low IQ as well?

Reactions: FireballZ
I’m seeing people packed asses to elbows on my tv everyday.

16k people was at Port Royal speedway (Juniata county) Saturday night for their opener. We counted 20 of us who wore masks. If our doofus governor saw the pictures people were tweeting, I’m not sure he’ll stand for being given the 1 finger salute. Since he has a Napoleon complex already.

Reactions: W1np1tt
Well at least you can be consistent that there shouldn't be mass gatherings. I probably wouldn't have the rally either and I am someone who will vote for Trump.

So you think the Trump folks are low IQ but the folks protesting and destroying cities are high IQ? Or are they low IQ as well?

Even though people are angry, I do not believe that setting fires is a very intelligent thing to do.

New Zealand has not had a reported case of covid-19 for over 3 weeks, and has returned to "normal" life. The US has had 145,000 cases in the past week. Big difference.
I know and you’re right, I just mentioned them because I didn’t know if he meant first packed stadium anywhere or the first in the US.

Reactions: Franb
I know and you’re right, I just mentioned them because I didn’t know if he meant first packed stadium anywhere or the first in the US.

I didn't think NZ had rugby domes. That said, it is simply incredible that besides NZ, Trump is the only "event" in the world taking place in a packed indoor arena.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I didn't think NZ had rugby domes. That said, it is simply incredible that besides NZ, Trump is the only "event" in the world taking place in a packed indoor arena.
Why is anyone surprised? After all, he knows more than the doctors. And despite that, the FDA has just withdrawn its emergency approval for the anti-malarial drug - that he so strongly promoted and ingested himself - as a treatment for the coronavirus.

When it comes to trump if it doesn’t begin with RE and end with SIGN or begin with TREA and end with SON ... I could care less

the fact he’s even contemplating this asinine concept of a “rally” to prop up his pitiful ego speaks volumes about exactly everything that is wrong with this clown. And the idiots who sign wavers so they can attend the circle jerk are every bit as bad.

Dumbocratic "handlers' who have QuidProJoe looked in a basement gnash their teeth in anger!! Covid-19, Covid-19 they squeal like the little piglets they are.

Officials in Tulsa, Okla., are warning that President Trump’s planned campaign rally on Saturday — his first in over three months — is likely to worsen an already troubling spike in coronavirus infections and could become a disastrous “super spreader.”

They are pleading with the Trump campaign to cancel the event, slated for a 20,000-person indoor arena — or at least move it outdoors.

“It’s the perfect storm of potential over-the-top disease transmission,” said Bruce Dart, the executive director of the Tulsa health department. “It’s a perfect storm that we can’t afford to have.”

Officials in Tulsa, Okla., are warning that President Trump’s planned campaign rally on Saturday — his first in over three months — is likely to worsen an already troubling spike in coronavirus infections and could become a disastrous “super spreader.”

They are pleading with the Trump campaign to cancel the event, slated for a 20,000-person indoor arena — or at least move it outdoors.

“It’s the perfect storm of potential over-the-top disease transmission,” said Bruce Dart, the executive director of the Tulsa health department. “It’s a perfect storm that we can’t afford to have.”

Can you imagine the new city slogan though?

Tulsa - it’s the new Jonestown

jonestowntdih.jpg

Yes, because all viruses go straight up and into the sky.

There is no honest debate anymore. Just one side against the other.

Experts agree the virus is less likely to spread in outdoor environments. I have no idea, why they have to sit on each other's laps in a 15K seat area rather than those 15K being spaced apart in say, Tulsa's football stadium. Its just stupid. There are 2 entities on Planet Earth "playing" to packed arenas: New Zealand Rugby where there are 0 active cases and Donald Trump. That's the list.

Experts agree the virus is less likely to spread in outdoor environments. I have no idea, why they have to sit on each other's laps in a 15K seat area rather than those 15K being spaced apart in say, Tulsa's football stadium. Its just stupid. There are 2 entities on Planet Earth "playing" to packed arenas: New Zealand Rugby where there are 0 active cases and Donald Trump. That's the list.
Experts also agree that it won’t be an issue.

Why are you so worried about it? Do you work? Do you have kids?

You have a lot of time to theorize about lots of worthless things. You have a long history of this behavior on this site.

Reactions: pittmeister

You have a lot of time to theorize about lots of worthless things. You have a long history of this behavior on this site.

Who says 15K people in an arena wont be an issue? Why arent the NBA, NHL, and the rest of Earth packing arenas? Why just Trump?

Who says 15K people in an arena wont be an issue? Why arent the NBA, NHL, and the rest of Earth packing arenas? Why just Trump?
Because those leagues decided not to, and it is not my business what they do. And I can choose to go or not go. My life is not defined by how I can control or comment on others.

You think that no experts have given a green light to Trump’s people on this.

The problem is that you see all who disagree with you as unable to make intelligent decisions. But I go back to your strong history of weird to insane posts to report that you are hardly a source for trusted analysis.

Reactions: caleco's

No, they do not agree that it will not be an issue. See my post above, with a quote from the director of the Tulsa health department. And all experts agree that virus spread is more likely indoors than outdoors.

Because trump needs the adulation from his mindless cult of ballwashers...

period.

he isn’t actually capable of governing... so he seeks his refuge ... his safe space of yelling the ravings of a lunatic while his adoring cult laps it up... just be sure to sign that waiver at the door first

No, they do not agree that it will not be an issue. See my post above, with a quote from the director of the Tulsa health department. And all experts agree that virus spread is more likely indoors than outdoors.
All experts agree? That is a wild statement and one certainly you cannot know.

There is proof that the disease goes to the roof of an arena and comes back down to infect? There is also proof that being outdoor and next to someone makes you more safe? When Trump said to go outside, did you agree with this?

Where are your posts criticizing the extreme closeness during the protests?

You know for a fact that no experts told Trump’s people it would not be an issue?

Do you use your values to make these from afar observations? What studies have you reviewed that confirm this? When there was flu seasons with similar infection rates, did you make similar arguments?

Before you claim to know anything of value, you should have a satisfactory answer to each of these. Otherwise, you speak only your bias and not from any intelligence.

I don’t understand I would have thought you wanted Trump to have a rally. All his supporters die and VP Bite me wins. What am I missing?

Burn a steak inside

burn a steak outside

see which area traps smoke odors etc longer

it doesn’t take an expert to understand it

just a functional brain
I cannot like this post. You should not be encouraging people to burn their steak. How about smoke a cigar indoors vs outdoors?

Seriously, I was walking behind a smoker a few weeks back outdoors. I wondered about the spread distance of the virus based on being able to smell/notice the smoke. 2 meters wasn't far enough to not notice it.

I cannot like this post. You should not be encouraging people to burn their steak. How about smoke a cigar indoors vs outdoors?

Seriously, I was walking behind a smoker a few weeks back outdoors. I wondered about the spread distance of the virus based on being able to smell/notice the smoke. 2 meters wasn't far enough to not notice it.
True dat

All experts agree? That is a wild statement and one certainly you cannot know.

There is proof that the disease goes to the roof of an arena and comes back down to infect? There is also proof that being outdoor and next to someone makes you more safe? When Trump said to go outside, did you agree with this?

Where are your posts criticizing the extreme closeness during the protests?

You know for a fact that no experts told Trump’s people it would not be an issue?

Do you use your values to make these from afar observations? What studies have you reviewed that confirm this? When there was flu seasons with similar infection rates, did you make similar arguments?

Before you claim to know anything of value, you should have a satisfactory answer to each of these. Otherwise, you speak only your bias and not from any intelligence.
From Dr. Fauci, via the Wall Street Journal:

"He said that when it comes to Trump’s rallies, “outside is better than inside, no crowd is better than crowd” and “crowd is better than big crowd.”

The rally goes against the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which advises against large gatherings, particularly indoors."

If you want to debate this further, take it up with Dr. Fauci. By the way, he has not told President Trump anything about the rally, since they have not talked in a couple of weeks.

From Dr. Fauci, via the Wall Street Journal:

"He said that when it comes to Trump’s rallies, “outside is better than inside, no crowd is better than crowd” and “crowd is better than big crowd.”

The rally goes against the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which advises against large gatherings, particularly indoors."

If you want to debate this further, take it up with Dr. Fauci. By the way, he has not told President Trump anything about the rally, since they have not talked in a couple of weeks.
You quoted one expert.

Dr. Fauci also admitted he downplayed the need for masks to make sure people outside of healthcare didn’t stock up.

You can trust Fauci with your life. Others choose not to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT