ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State again

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

I will make this super easy for these intellectual lightweights: LEAVE

Stop talking about and just leave. Pay the $120 million or take us to court and maybe we settle for a smaller amount. You also wont get any TV revenue until 2036 but so what, you'll be able to get CFP money and NCAAT money from the SEC or B10 and that should help tie you over until you get your TV rights. Maybe your boosters can also help make up some of the deficit. So stop talking about and just do it!

I still have yet to see reliable journalism that has evidence that either of the 2 big conferences would take them.

The Big Ten would in a heartbeat. The SEC doesn't want them but might be forced to take them to keep the B10 out of Florida.

They can cry all they want, but right now they have no place to go. That’s the truth. This public display of whining is for one reason.

“Hey Big Ten! Hey SEC! Please expand now! We are a name brand! We can bring you more money! We’re better than anyone in the ACC! Save us!”

Reactions: xslfyk4
They can cry all they want, but right now they have no place to go. That’s the truth. This public display of whining is for one reason.

“Hey Big Ten! Hey SEC! Please expand now! We are a name brand! We can bring you more money! We’re better than anyone in the ACC! Save us!”

I think the B10 would take them tomorrow without paying them any TV revenue but FSU is trying to figure out how they can pay the bills (and the players) without any TV revenue. What's the cost/benefit? Should they just wait until 2036? Its a big risk to go in without any TV revenue but man would ESPN make out, getting FSU home B10 games for free.

Question for those that follow this more closely. Do they get to renegotiate every time a new team joins conference or does everyone get a smaller slice of the same pie?

Question for those that follow this more closely. Do they get to renegotiate every time a new team joins conference or does everyone get a smaller slice of the same pie?

Far as the B1G contract goes.
USC and UCLA got full shares since they were announced and used as part of the new Media Deal which starts in 2024. Oregon and Washington were additions after the contract was signed while they are still playing in as B1G teams in 2024. They are getting paid money by FOX Sports which owned the PAC media rights which is defunct. So they’re only getting like $40M. Any new teams (FSU) would only get travel money paid out by the conference until 2032 when they renegotiate the next Media deal.

Hope it helps.

As soon as I start to root for/feel bad for FSU for the playoff snub they start doing FSU things again. Did they ever stop to think that their constant bitching about the ACC may have hurt their playoff chances where the participants are chosen by perception? Nah, it’s everyone else’s fault.

As soon as I start to root for/feel bad for FSU for the playoff snub they start doing FSU things again. Did they ever stop to think that their constant bitching about the ACC may have hurt their playoff chances where the participants are chosen by perception? Nah, it’s everyone else’s fault.

I never felt bad for them and openly rooted for them to get left out. They are some very stupid people. You dont ridicule your conference in public. You dont play your star QB against one of the worst FCS teams. You dont announce a season-ending injury. I dont think their constant bitching hurt their playoff chances though. Alabama won the SEC. Texas beat Alabama. FSU didnt have a QB. It simply came down to that.

Reactions: prez41
Is the ACC truly considered to be a P5 conference? Other than Clemson and
FSU are there any blue bloods (and until last year, FSU was down). I know that
ACC had a better record vs SEC, but beating Vanderbilt or other weak SEC teams
doesn't move the needle. FSU may have beaten LSU, but who else OOC? I agree FSU
got shafted, so the problem is the "committee" playing the games on paper.
You could make a case for Georgia as well. Both teams will be out to
prove something in the Orange Bowl. Since we're in the ACC I hope FSU
wins just to improve the perception of the ACC.

FSU are there any blue bloods (and until last year, FSU was down). I know that
ACC had a better record vs SEC, but beating Vanderbilt or other weak SEC teams
doesn't move the needle. FSU may have beaten LSU, but who else OOC?
Now do the Big 10 with tOSU and Michigan….

FSU are there any blue bloods (and until last year, FSU was down).

The Pac 12 is gone. So its either P4, P3 (if you exclude the B12 which is basically the old Big East), or P2+2

Now do the Big 10 with tOSU and Michigan….

If I were to rank the B10 teams together with ACC teams in terms of program strength, it would be:

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. Clem
4. FSU
5. PSU
6. Oregon
7. USC
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Iowa
11. North Carolina?

Not sure who would be ACC 3 and when you put them on the list but after Iowa, the also-ran B10 and ACC teams are the same. The ACC is probably a little stronger in the middle and bottom.

FSU will be gone. Desantis will let them leave and not make them pay anything. Those who are in florida know how he does what he wants. Already is budgeting 1 million in funds to sue CFP for FSu being left out.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The Pac 12 is gone. So its either P4, P3 (if you exclude the B12 which is basically the old Big East), or P2+2
True after 2023. But the PAC 12 champ is in the Playoff. So is the Big 12 champ. The problem
this year is 5 conference champs, but an UNDEFEATED P5 champ got left out in favor of
not one, but two 1-loss teams. Next year solves the problem. I agree the BIG and SEC will
have a big chunk of the 12 team "tournament". However, playoff expansion will make the
regular season far less important.

If I were to rank the B10 teams together with ACC teams in terms of program strength, it would be:

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. Clem
4. FSU
5. PSU
6. Oregon
7. USC
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Iowa
11. North Carolina?

Not sure who would be ACC 3 and when you put them on the list but after Iowa, the also-ran B10 and ACC teams are the same. The ACC is probably a little stronger in the middle and bottom.
One thing I wasn’t considering when I posted that was the incoming PAC additions. The current BIG is a complete joke outside of the top 2.

Reactions: sskuba06

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. Clem
4. FSU
5. PSU
6. Oregon
7. USC
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Iowa
11. North Carolina?

I'd have to see some more specific crieria. Theoretically, Nebraska should be above Iowa and Wisconsin. None have a great local recruiting base; all have great fan support; and Nebraska edges ahead with NIL money.

And USC is more like 3 than 7, unless you're talking about recent success... in which case the question becomes "How recent?"

FSU will be gone. Desantis will let them leave and not make them pay anything. Those who are in florida know how he does what he wants. Already is budgeting 1 million in funds to sue CFP for FSu being left out.
DeSantis? He doesn't have a say in any of this. He's just pandering to the locals.

There's a reason these stories leak through ESPN. There are reasons the ACC is being proactive with the SMU, Cal, and Stanford additions. None of these are accidents or coincidences.

When FSU makes their exit, probably within the next two years before the CFP television expires. (We're in year 10 of 12) expect the Noles to have plenty of company. I expect enough schools will leave to destabilize the conference.

DeSantis? He doesn't have a say in any of this. He's just pandering to the locals.

There's a reason these stories leak through ESPN. There are reasons the ACC is being proactive with the SMU, Cal, and Stanford additions. None of these are accidents or coincidences.

When FSU makes their exit, probably within the next two years before the CFP television expires. (We're in year 10 of 12) expect the Noles to have plenty of company. I expect enough schools will leave to destabilize the conference.
As governor, he can dictate to the supermajority and attorney general whatever he wants from a state legal standpoint. They could create loopholes and other legal battles in legislation. They will be taken to court before they pay any money. He may be pandering to locals but if they really divert 1 million to sue CFP it’s still one million dollars from all Floridians. If FSU wants out, he and the super majority legislature will back them and however they want to do it. Rick Scott as well given re-election year.

• Haha
As governor, he can dictate to the supermajority and attorney general whatever he wants from a state legal standpoint. They could create loopholes and other legal battles in legislation. They will be taken to court before they pay any money. He may be pandering to locals but if they really divert 1 million to sue CFP it’s still one million dollars from all Floridians. If FSU wants out, he and the super majority legislature will back them and however they want to do it. Rick Scott as well given re-election year.
He doesn't have the power to unilaterally break a contract with the ACC.

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. That doesn't mean they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
Doesn’t matter. They can tie things up for years financially. That is an issue. Also depends where things eventually end up in the courts.

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. That doesn't mean they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Right. But a US District Judge in WV ruled the NCAA couldn't have a transfer rule anymore a WVU transfer basketball player doesn't want to sit out this year. You know judges are partial to a side.

Doesn’t matter. They can tie things up for years financially. That is an issue. Also depends where things eventually end up in the courts.
Of course it matters. FSU can’t leave while litigation is ongoing because no other conference will take them.

Right. But a US District Judge in WV ruled the NCAA couldn't have a transfer rule anymore a WVU transfer basketball player doesn't want to sit out this year. You know judges are partial to a side.
That is not even close to the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT