ADVERTISEMENT

For all of you Narduzzi fans

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The guy simply isn't a good coach. He's also not a bad coach. He's just "a coach" like many others out there. We can do better, we can do worse but Narduzzi provides no coaching or schematic advantage. He lucked into a generational QB, who he flipped from Temple and was gifted Peterman, Connor, Boyd, Orndoff, etc in 2016 but like in 2021, his defense is utter trash. The 2016 and 2021 offenses are the best in school history, but both are being wasted because his defense cannot stop the forward pass.

What happens when our 1st Round QB graduates? 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, you know the drill.

The best thing that can happen is if some lateral school comes in and buys him out and we use that money to hire a recruiter.

The guy simply isn't a good coach. He's also not a bad coach. He's just "a coach" like many others out there. We can do better, we can do worse but Narduzzi provides no coaching or schematic advantage. He lucked into a generational QB, who he flipped from Temple and was gifted Peterman, Connor, Boyd, Orndoff, etc in 2016 but like in 2021, his defense is utter trash. The 2016 and 2021 offenses are the best in school history, but both are being wasted because his defense cannot stop the forward pass.

What happens when our 1st Round QB graduates? 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, you know the drill.

The best thing that can happen is if some lateral school comes in and buys him out and we use that money to hire a recruiter.
DOOMED!

Reactions: ThePanthers
Lbs suck and he should be held responsible because he recruited them but then lucked into a good qb and shouldn't get credit because he recruited him

Lbs suck and he should be held responsible because he recruited them but then lucked into a good qb and shouldn't get credit because he recruited him

He gets credit for Pickett but its a once a career QB and he cant win anything of note with him? What happens when you dont have a high 1st Round pick QB?

He doesn't have the horses this year. And he knew it. That's why he brought in 6 defensive backs plus a transfer. And what isn't getting talked about enough is how ineffective our defensive line has been. Has Devin Danielson ever made a play?

He doesn't have the horses this year. And he knew it. That's why he brought in 6 defensive backs plus a transfer. And what isn't getting talked about enough is how ineffective our defensive line has been. Has Devin Danielson ever made a play?

On defense, ok but WMU has only scored more than 28 twice this season and once was on us for 44. And Besides their game vs CCSU, Miami has only scored more than the 38 they put up against us one time. The defense shouldn't be that bad.

He has more horses this year than he has ever had or probably ever will have. This was the perfect storm with a 1st round NFL QB, more experience than almost any team in the country, and a horribly down conference. If it doesn’t happen this year it ain’t happening with Pat Narduzzi.

That being said there is a lot left to play for, today’s loss did not affect Pitt’s goals for the season. It is still right there.

Maybe we can get Todd and Penny Graham back, that will make the yinzers happy. Or, maybe that guy....Mike (name escapes me) who beat his wife and wound up in the slammer before he ever coached a game. Maybe he's served his sentence by now. Of course, Fuentes will be open soon, and the yinzers were screaming for him the first time around. Yinzers are nuts. The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested. Give it up. This team still could go 10-2 and win the ACC. You guys need to get a grip.

Maybe we can get Todd and Penny Graham back, that will make the yinzers happy. Or, maybe that guy....Mike (name escapes me) who beat his wife and wound up in the slammer before he ever coached a game. Maybe he's served his sentence by now. Of course, Fuentes will be open soon, and the yinzers were screaming for him the first time around. Yinzers are nuts. The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested. Give it up. This team still could go 10-2 and win the ACC. You guys need to get a grip.

Is 7-5 and 6-6 good enough with an 8 win season thrown in every 5-6 years? Narduzzi's defense is pathetic.

Sadly, THIS is our year. Miami, with their QB is gonna be an automatic loss the next 2 years. NC looks like they have tons of young talent starting to come of age. Our schedules are getting tougher. We may struggle to get to 7 wins next year.

He has more horses this year than he has ever had or probably ever will have. This was the perfect storm with a 1st round NFL QB, more experience than almost any team in the country, and a horribly down conference. If it doesn’t happen this year it ain’t happening with Pat Narduzzi.

That being said there is a lot left to play for, today’s loss did not affect Pitt’s goals for the season. It is still right there.

Some perspective is always warranted.

This thread is about Narduzzi and his future at Pitt not the last 45 years.

Heather is going to have an extremely difficult decision because we are likely going to win the Coastal, 100% due to lucking into Pickett with nobody behind him next year which probably means 6-6. He only has, what 2 years left, so you'd have to extend him??? I wouldn't.

Reactions: PittPoker
Heather is going to have an extremely difficult decision because we are likely going to win the Coastal, 100% due to lucking into Pickett with nobody behind him next year which probably means 6-6. He only has, what 2 years left, so you'd have to extend him??? I wouldn't.
Why did he “luck” into Pickett? He recruited him and Pickett developed under Whipple. It is okay to give credit where it is due.

Watching Armstrong and Howell -will be huge challenges. Just like Pickett for them.

I don't blame anyone for feeling let down. The WMU loss was something PITT fans have come to expect, but they seem to have righted the ship until today. They let a backup QB smoke them. PITT puts QB's in the NFL, they are just from the opposing teams. I expect this team to lose 2 more games and I did not feel that way until I watched this defensive scheme. Yes the program is stable and yes the players don't get in trouble, I guess that is good. Anyone who complains about coaching, recruiting, wins and losses, we can always say we have good kids and the program is stable.

I don't blame anyone for feeling let down. The WMU loss was something PITT fans have come to expect, but they seem to have righted the ship until today. They let a backup QB smoke them. PITT puts QB's in the NFL, they are just from the opposing teams. I expect this team to lose 2 more games and I did not feel that way until I watched this defensive scheme. Yes the program is stable and yes the players don't get in trouble, I guess that is good. Anyone who complains about coaching, recruiting, wins and losses, we can always say we have good kids and the program is stable.

Backup QB? That QB is a stud and anyone who doesn't think he's legit isn't paying attention. Miami is in good shape at QB for several years.

Not defending the defensive performance, but don't diminish who they played against.

Why did he “luck” into Pickett? He recruited him and Pickett developed under Whipple. It is okay to give credit where it is due.

Because he's never going to have another 1st Round QB at Pitt. There is a lot of luck involved in a Temple commit becoming a 1st Round QB. What happens when you have a late round pick or um...not an NFL QB. He couldn't win games with NFL QB Ben Dinucci

good post, agree with everything, schedule was setup perfectly, with a 5th year senior QB. Goals are still in play this season (Top 25 finish) so I won't comment on the staff's future until we are sure one way or another whether they reach that goal

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Backup QB? That QB is a stud and anyone who doesn't think he's legit isn't paying attention. Miami is in good shape at QB for several years.

Not defending the defensive performance, but don't diminish who they played against.
Yeah this guy is no backup, he got his shot with the King injury but he is a hell of a lot better pure passer. Maybe not prettymto watch with that hitch in his throw, but definitely has the arm strength. Reminiscent of Phillip Rivers.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Then I guess every school in America that has a player that got an extra year of eligibility is “lucky”.

The point is, had KP graduated last year like he would have, what offensive production would we have had to show for it during his time here?

He’d be high in the record books do to volume of opportunity, but he and the offense as a hole wouldn’t have had a season where they finished higher than 80th in offensive rankings.

It’s one thing to have had a player come back and do what they always did under you for another season. It’s another season to have wasted him and got lucky for one more season to have actually gone some for the first time ever with him.

He gets credit for Pickett but its a once a career QB and he cant win anything of note with him? What happens when you dont have a high 1st Round pick QB?

As of right now, Pitt leads the Coastal.

Pickett has had a great year, no doubt about it. However, I'm not sold that he's the best QB in the Coastal. Not by a longshot.

good post, agree with everything, schedule was setup perfectly, with a 5th year senior QB. Goals are still in play this season (Top 25 finish) so I won't comment on the staff's future until we are sure one way or another whether they reach that goal
You and I have been posting on here for a long time, I think we both recognize that this was the year if we were ever going to be able to accomplish something special. It is still there for the taking, hopefully the veterans on this team keep everything focused and finish strong.

An ACC title and a Peach/Fiesta bid is still a dream season.

You and I have been posting on here for a long time, I think we both recognize that this was the year if we were ever going to be able to accomplish something special. It is still there for the taking, hopefully the veterans on this team keep everything focused and finish strong.

An ACC title and a Peach/Fiesta bid is still a dream season.
As long as Narduzzi is at Pitt, I think they will be in the hunt fairly regularly.

I mean on defense. The offense is obviously legit, but the defense has some major flaws. We've gotten way too little production out of any DT not named Kancey and any DE not named Baldonado. Our 4-man rush isn't getting to the QB like it has in past years. And the linebackers and secondary have had absolutely abysmal games against Tennessee, WM, and Miami. Campbell, for instance, has done absolutely nothing this year.

"Defensive guru" never really was, only in the Big 10. His last bowl game there against Baylor looks like too many games we have seen by his defenses here, receivers repetatedly running wide open through the secondaryas and terrible tackling technique. With competent QB play, Tennesse and Clemson would have dusted us also

My mantra for the rest of the season is "Win the Coastal and keep your job". I honestly feel Duzz is somehow going to botch the remainder of this season up. As SMF stated he's a "coach" not great, not horrible.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082

He meant on d. But I agree pn d has been really disappointing and I don't see any way it gets better going forward. Sure he will have years where the d is better, they were better a few years ago for two seasons. But the offense won't be as good. There are major schematic problems with pn defense. Its not built to play against top wr and QBs. You can look at the schedule before the season and pick the games where they will struggle and be correct .

The loss yesterday was almost an exact repeat image of the WM loss. Is Duzz too dense to learn from the first loss???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT