ADVERTISEMENT

For all of you Narduzzi fans

I'm just pissed like we all are right now. I was really hoping Duzz was going to be Pitt's version of Frank Beamer. Guess my hope was misguided.

The guy simply isn't a good coach. He's also not a bad coach. He's just "a coach" like many others out there. We can do better, we can do worse but Narduzzi provides no coaching or schematic advantage. He lucked into a generational QB, who he flipped from Temple and was gifted Peterman, Connor, Boyd, Orndoff, etc in 2016 but like in 2021, his defense is utter trash. The 2016 and 2021 offenses are the best in school history, but both are being wasted because his defense cannot stop the forward pass.

What happens when our 1st Round QB graduates? 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, you know the drill.

The best thing that can happen is if some lateral school comes in and buys him out and we use that money to hire a recruiter.
SMF...Pat Narduzzi is exactly what the Pitt football program needs at this time. He is a well liked and respected coach by his players, local high school coaches and the parents of potential recruits. Being the Head Football Coach at Pitt is NOT an easy job. You are fighting a number of issues that have been used against them for years by other coaches who are recruiting the same players. We all know about the lack of fan support and having no home field of their own, those are two HUGE issues that have failed to be addressed by the Heather Lyke and her staff. You will not find a "top tier" coach out there who will agree to come to the program with those two issues facing them. You should be happy for the stability that he has brought to the football program. He is very much like Walt Harris in the sense that most Pitt fans always wanted more then what they had. Those folks were wrong then and people with the same opinion as yours, are wrong now. As they say, you can lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Very glad to have Pat Narduzzi in charge of this program.

SMF...Pat Narduzzi is exactly what the Pitt football program needs at this time. He is a well liked and respected coach by his players, local high school coaches and the parents of potential recruits. Being the Head Football Coach at Pitt is NOT an easy job. You are fighting a number of issues that have been used against them for years by other coaches who are recruiting the same players. We all know about the lack of fan support and having no home field of their own, those are two HUGE issues that have failed to be addressed by the Heather Lyke and her staff. You will not find a "top tier" coach out there who will agree to come to the program with those two issues facing them. You should be happy for the stability that he has brought to the football program. He is very much like Walt Harris in the sense that most Pitt fans always wanted more then what they had. Those folks were wrong then and people with the same opinion as yours, are wrong now. As they say, you can lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Very glad to have Pat Narduzzi in charge of this program.

7-5 and 6-6 every year except for 1 year when you have an NFL 1st Rounder is nothing to celebrate. He wasted Pickett just like he wasted the 20q6 offense and we are back to 6-6 next year.

7-5 and 6-6 every year except for 1 year when you have an NFL 1st Rounder is nothing to celebrate. He wasted Pickett just like he wasted the 20q6 offense and we are back to 6-6 next year.

How did he waste Pickett? He turned a pedestrian recruit, according to the rankings, into a legit Heismam candidate and potential high round draft pick. Pitt is 6-2 and controls their own destiny heading into November.

8-5, 8-5, 5-7, 7-7, 8-5, 6-5 doesn't seem like 7-5 or 6-6 every year.

Bowl games don't count in my book. They're fun exhibition games.

8-4
8-4 (gifted supreme offensive talent for 2 years)
5-7
7-5 not including ACCG loss
7-5
6-5

He has lost 5 or more regular season games 4 years in a row. The only way he can do any better is by complete luck (being gifted NFL offensive talent or a Temple commit who was borderline average his entire career turning into a Heisman contendor). And when he has this, he BARELY outperforms his usual 5 loss season.

His defense is trash and its back to 5 or 6 losses next season. We have a generational QB and cant beat the western half of Michigan or a Miami team who fans are calling for their HC to be fired.

How did he waste Pickett? He turned a pedestrian recruit, according to the rankings, into a legit Heismam candidate and potential high round draft pick. Pitt is 6-2 and controls their own destiny heading into November.

Because if his defense was average in 2016 and 2021, we would have gone 12-0

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Vegas had us as 6 wins for over/under before the season. I took the over thinking 8-4 was realistic still looking like 8-4 or 9-3 season which is much higher than vegas had.

Bowl games don't count in my book. They're fun exhibition games.

8-4
8-4 (gifted supreme offensive talent for 2 years)
5-7
7-5 not including ACCG loss
7-5
6-5

He has lost 5 or more regular season games 4 years in a row. The only way he can do any better is by complete luck (being gifted NFL offensive talent or a Temple commit who was borderline average his entire career turning into a Heisman contendor). And when he has this, he BARELY outperforms his usual 5 loss season.

His defense is trash and its back to 5 or 6 losses next season. We have a generational QB and cant beat the western half of Michigan or a Miami team who fans are calling for their HC to be fired.
So you'd be more accurate in saying 7-5 or 8-4 instead of 7-5 or 6-6

Vegas had us as 6 wins for over/under before the season. I took the over thinking 8-4 was realistic still looking like 8-4 or 9-3 season which is much higher than vegas had.

Fantastic. I said 7-5 but I didn't think we'd have the best QB in college football. If you told me we'd have the best QB in college football and Clemson would suck, I'd say 12-0 or 11-1. Anything less is unacceptable in this garbage league

2016 was not supreme offensive talent. Nowhere close. Neither is this year's Pitt team. That's laughable.

A fan poll conducted in Knoxville this past summer voted Nate Petermam worst QB in Tennessee history, fwiw. Perhaps Narduzzi hired a staff that develops talent better than many other places.

The guy simply isn't a good coach. He's also not a bad coach. He's just "a coach" like many others out there. We can do better, we can do worse but Narduzzi provides no coaching or schematic advantage. He lucked into a generational QB, who he flipped from Temple and was gifted Peterman, Connor, Boyd, Orndoff, etc in 2016 but like in 2021, his defense is utter trash. The 2016 and 2021 offenses are the best in school history, but both are being wasted because his defense cannot stop the forward pass.

What happens when our 1st Round QB graduates? 7-5, 6-6, 7-5, you know the drill.

The best thing that can happen is if some lateral school comes in and buys him out and we use that money to hire a recruiter.

Even a hoopie like you should know Narduzzi recruited Peterman. So dumb and so sad.

2016 was not supreme offensive talent. Nowhere close. Neither is this year's Pitt team. That's laughable.

A fan poll conducted in Knoxville this past summer voted Nate Petermam worst QB in Tennessee history, fwiw. Perhaps Narduzzi hired a staff that develops talent better than many other places.

In 2015, he had NFL players at QB, WR, and RB. In fact, that was probably one of the only Pitt teams in the last 40 years to say that. Also had Brian O'Neill and Biz. NFL dudes as far as the eye could see.

Even a hoopie like you should know Narduzzi recruited Peterman. So dumb and so sad.

#1 I never understand how you think I'm a WVU fan. Why not a Penn State fan?

#2 Jim Chaney recruited Peterman as he was his OC at Tennessee. Either way, Narduzzi wasted all that talent.

Fantastic. I said 7-5 but I didn't think we'd have the best QB in college football. If you told me we'd have the best QB in college football and Clemson would suck, I'd say 12-0 or 11-1. Anything less is unacceptable in this garbage league

You could argue 2 other QBs in the Coastal are better than Pickett. (probably 3 are more physically gifted)

Pickett gets most of the pub this year becsuse his team is performing better.

Do you think Pickett is better than Bryce Young?

In 2015, he had NFL players at QB, WR, and RB. In fact, that was probably one of the only Pitt teams in the last 40 years to say that. Also had Brian O'Neill and Biz. NFL dudes as far as the eye could see.

Haha. Lots of teams have that.

2020 Alabama & 2019 LSU are examples of supreme offensive talent.

2016 Pitt was simply a good offense. What are those guys doing in the NFL?

No they didn’t, just because people keep saying it doesn’t make it true. Every book I saw in Las Vegas had Pitt at 7 wins.

Pitt had an elite offense in 2016. They beat the national champs and a top 5 PSU team.

Maybe we can get Todd and Penny Graham back, that will make the yinzers happy. Or, maybe that guy....Mike (na
e escapes me) who beat his wife and wound up in the slammer before he ever coached a game. Maybe he's served his sentence by now. Of course, Fuentes will be open soon, and the yinzers were screaming for him the first time around. Yinzers are nuts. The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested. Give it up. This team still could go 10-2 and win the ACC. You guys need to get a grip.

I admire your optimism. Additionally, it is nice to have stability and a well behaved bunch. That said, you only get so many chances at Pitt to have a big year. While 10-2 is possible, I would argue with this defense 9-3 is best case and 8-4 is our most likely outcome, since the teams left on our schedule will torture our lame defense.

Lets see where those numbers finish. The UNC and UVA games could really lower those numbers.
You'll get no argument from me on letting things play out. And if they don't "really lower" I'm sure KennyHeisman8 will just disappear and you'll reappear under a different name.

Reactions: ThePanthers

Rod Rutherford, Larry Fitzgerald, Lousaka Polite, Brandon Miree, Kris Wilson, and Bryan Anderaon all played in the NFL.

You are posting like an irrational, whiny 12 year old.

Hard to even take seriously.

Anything good that happens is luck? Anything but 11-1 or 12-0 is unacceptable?

Haha. Lots of teams have that.

2020 Alabama & 2019 LSU are examples of supreme offensive talent.

2016 Pitt was simply a good offense. What are those guys doing in the NFL?
James Conner is doing pretty good in the NFL. Especially this year.

Brian O'Neill is an all-pro offensive lineman in the NFL. The highest paid OL in the NFL at the moment.

Nathan Peterman is on an NFL roster.

Jimmy Morrissey is on an NFL roster.

The OC of the team is currently the OC of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It's not like there was no NFL caliber talent on that offense.

"Defensive guru" never really was, only in the Big 10. His last bowl game there against Baylor looks like too many games we have seen by his defenses here, receivers repetatedly running wide open through the secondaryas and terrible tackling technique. With competent QB play, Tennesse and Clemson would have dusted us also
Final score MSU 42 Baylor 41

Your attempt to justify your inaccurate statement holds about as much water as your statement in another post telling us all that soccer players run over 7 miles in a game.

James Conner is doing pretty good in the NFL. Especially this year.

Brian O'Neill is an all-pro offensive lineman in the NFL. The highest paid OL in the NFL at the moment.

Nathan Peterman is on an NFL roster.

Jimmy Morrissey is on an NFL roster.

The OC of the team is currently the OC of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It's not like there was no NFL caliber talent on that offense.

Right. But to claim that team was loaded with some kind of "supreme offensive talent" (to borrow his phrase) is absurd. Many schools churn out more talented offenses on a yearly basis than that one.

Maybe we can get Todd and Penny Graham back, that will make the yinzers happy. Or, maybe that guy....Mike (name escapes me) who beat his wife and wound up in the slammer before he ever coached a game. Maybe he's served his sentence by now. Of course, Fuentes will be open soon, and the yinzers were screaming for him the first time around. Yinzers are nuts. The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested. Give it up. This team still could go 10-2 and win the ACC. You guys need to get a grip.
The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested.

That’s a helluva high standard you’ve set right there. It’s good to know winning doesn’t matter.

By the way, define competitive. Competitive in losses to WMU (-14.5) and Miami (-9)?

The program is stable, competitive, and the kids aren't getting arrested.

That’s a helluva high standard you’ve set right there. It’s good to know winning doesn’t matter.

That’s it in a nutshell. I’m one who has never liked Narduzzi, but I support him as a coach and I supported his extension because of the three things above. It sucks that stability is always listed first when considering Narduzzi’s qualities. The belief with him is we will always be competitive in a mediocre coastal division and occasionally catch lightning in a bottle and have a super season. This is that lightning in a bottle season and I fear we might blow it.

That’s it in a nutshell. I’m one who has never liked Narduzzi, but I support him as a coach and I supported his extension because of the three things above. It sucks that stability is always listed first when considering Narduzzi’s qualities. The belief with him is we will always be competitive in a mediocre coastal division and occasionally catch lightning in a bottle and have a super season. This is that lightning in a bottle season and I fear we might blow it.
Yep, if you aren’t going to catch lighting with a first round QB or with the best offense Pitt probably ever had (2016) you likely never will.

it’s also not like this is the 2000 big east where miami and VT were NT contenders…this is a schedule with no top 25 teams in it and we’ve lost two games, and will likely drop at least one more.

This staff developed Kenny Pickett into a first round draft pick. He didn’t show Up highly touted. Narduzzi has flaws and is stubborn as a mule, but he has been an above average coach in the ACC With below average support.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT