ADVERTISEMENT

Fourth of July Food Beer Thread

PA_Panther

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July weekend. Wife and I finally got out of the city and met my parents at the camp up in Elk County and it’s been absolutely fantastic getting away from everything. I forgot how nice it actually is up here.

Right now, I got a few racks of Ribs in the slow cooker to cap off the weekend. I’ll be honest I’ve done nothing but drank Busch Light other than my dad had me try an Almost Time from Tied Hands that was fantastic.
Hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe 4th of July.

Friday I had Maine steamer clams, oysters and a really huge cowboy ribeye that fed like 6. Some good wine. Yesterday went to a picnic basic hot dog and hamburger fare which is great.

Today.....kind of full, yard work...but let me tell you this........had a couple of hot dogs. There are Kahns and Oscar Meyer which are tube full of mediocrity and there is Nathan's and Hebrew National which is tube's full of greatness. No comparison.

We had Detroit Deep dish pizza, salad and birthday cake (tiedye’d) with ice cream. Granddaughters birthday.
Hebrew national’s tomorrow…..

We had Detroit Deep dish pizza, salad and birthday cake (tiedye’d) with ice cream. Granddaughters birthday.
Hebrew national’s tomorrow…..
My god.......the difference between Hebrew National and regular crap hot dogs like Oscar Meyer or Kahn's is no comparison.

Reactions: Pitt1975
Friday I had Maine steamer clams, oysters and a really huge cowboy ribeye that fed like 6. Some good wine. Yesterday went to a picnic basic hot dog and hamburger fare which is great.

Today.....kind of full, yard work...but let me tell you this........had a couple of hot dogs. There are Kahns and Oscar Meyer which are tube full of mediocrity and there is Nathan's and Hebrew National which is tube's full of greatness. No comparison.
Oysters in July???
Months with R's in them for oysters.

I cooked burgers and dogs for the party, but I just ate a giant tossed salad with potato salad on the side. Stoney’s beer to wash it down and “the good” fireworks for dessert.

My god.......the difference between Hebrew National and regular crap hot dogs like Oscar Meyer or Kahn's is no comparison.
We have been on a chili cheese kick….family fave…..l cook on top shelf. Slice them so the open up. Grill till there a slight blackening. Grill the buns, put on a cookie sheet. Add chili and cheese, and put in broiler…..OH BOY!

Oysters in July???
Months with R's in them for oysters.
Yeah. That is a bit of a wives tale, but also has some truth.. And it is location dependent. These oysters were from Maine. Think about it, the water right now is probably no warmer than it is in September there before it starts getting colder, and definitely colder than say Virginia in October.. But yeah, they were a bit mushy. It is because most oysters spawn in the summers.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
We have been on a chili cheese kick….family fave…..l cook on top shelf. Slice them so the open up. Grill till there a slight blackening. Grill the buns, put on a cookie sheet. Add chili and cheese, and put in broiler…..OH BOY!
I am pretty hard old school on hot dogs. Yellow mustard and onions.

My friend Mark wanted to chime in.

E5i73KfWEAc68bz

Bubba burgers w/bacon & cheese. Corn on the cob roasted on the grill.
Washed down with some Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Burger, hot dogs, baked beans, Miller Lite, Ice tea, home made apple pie, kelbasi.

Yeah that's cool too. I like mustard and onions. But also really like sauerkraut too. I can do a Chicago Dog. And I am not a huge fan of chili dogs, but they are acceptable.

Ketchup is not.
Sonic has a great foot long chilli dog. You eat one and you taste it for days. Lol. But still good.

Up in Kane pa, where my cabin used to be near, a hot dog house had their own chilli blend. Damn if those chilli dogs weren’t great. Every deer season for decades we would stop on way up and leaving.

Think the blend was just a chilli with mustard and onions. Place was called Texas Hot lunch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT