ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Broyles Award Finalist

Congrats, this is the winner for all-time stupidest post in the history of the Pantherlair, which is really saying something given some of the things we have seen over the years.

I'll take the fake fans over you any day; they actually go to games rather than alumni like you who sits home on the couch. And I know more fake fans who give to Alliance412 than alumni. And I even had some PSU friends who went to the game Thursday night since they are fans of college football and were happy to see Pitt win. I'd consider them better fans than you. What was your excuse Thursday?

EDIT: you sound like a PSU fan with the grand experiment winning within the values of the school. Total BS. I want wins, not eagle scouts. And I have two degrees from Pitt to back that statement up
LOL

I have never bragged about my degrees. You could argue all you want. People without ties to the school are fake fans. I say that because you have no interest beyond the win-loss record. Real fans of a college team want winning within the values of the school.

No, real fans support the team. In the stands, on the road, and monetarily. A real Pitt football fan doesn't need a degree from Pitt, or to give a sh!t about the chemistry department.

Tell that to the guys I know who have dropped countless thousands of dollars on football & bball tickets, donations, and travel to road games.

Guys who were in the stands with me Thursday night, and in the stands at the Pete during Stallings. Guys who didn't go to Pitt, but bleed more blue and gold than you ever will.

I have never said that. Why do you make stuff up?

People with no ties to the school are fake fans.

So you believe someone who grew up in Western PA rooting for Pitt but didn't go to college there because

a) they went to the military instead
b) they couldnt get into Pitt
c) chose a different college for other reason
d) chose to become a plumber or carpenter instead of going to college

is a fake fan?

Real fans of a college team want winning within the values of the school.

No. Real fans want to win by any means necessary. This is pro football. POS fans want to win only if done so honorably with choir boys and missionaries. Real fans can separate the university and its mission with its pro football and basketball teams. I want the university to do well but its pro teams are 100% separate from the university as far as I'm concerned.

I know a couple of those “fake fans” who donate and go to games as well. A few of them are some of best people I know and have more integrity in their pinky than this whole board combined. You couldn’t be more wrong.

I know many of these "fake fans" and I respect the heck out of the fact that despite no ties to Pitt other than being from here, they buy season tickets, go to road/bowl games, and generally have a love of the team. The reason our attendance sucks is we don't have enough of these fans.

And way too many "real fans" who can't be bothered to get off their couch and go to a game.
Let me help you out, dude.

I went to Pitt during 1975-1979. For those who don't know history, the NC happened in the middle of that era. Do you know how many games I attended during the heyday of modern Pitt football? One game - the ND game where Cavanaugh got hurt.

I learned a long time ago to not invest my mood in teen-age boys playing a game, even when I was teen myself. Now, I certainly won't invest my money in teen-age boys playing a game. I live 10 hours away from Pittsburgh and it would be a minimum of 3 days to go to a game, requiring a major investment of time and money. Besides that, I would miss watching all of the other entertaining games on TV. Furthermore, I certainly won't invest my money in any NIL endeavor.

The other thing I would miss is my church. Unlike some here, I don't worship at the church of football (or any sport). I worship Jesus Christ. I was able to get up this morning and be at church for 2 1/2 hours for Sunday School and worship services. No game comes between me and my worship.

Having said that, I have been a Pitt sports fan for 55 years. I have and always will root for them to win ... with honor. I don't get upset if they lose because I understand the inherent disadvantages being Pitt - from a poor recruiting base to a desire to remain above the scrum of those who will do anything to win.

If you and the rest of the fanatics don't like that, too bad.

So you believe someone who grew up in Western PA rooting for Pitt but didn't go to college there because

a) they went to the military instead
b) they couldnt get into Pitt
c) chose a different college for other reason
d) chose to become a plumber or carpenter instead of going to college

is a fake fan?
Yes. I thought I already made that clear.

I went to Pitt during 1975-1979. For those who don't know history, the NC happened in the middle of that era. Do you know how many games I attended during the heyday of modern Pitt football? One game - the ND game where Cavanaugh got hurt.

I learned a long time ago to not invest my mood in teen-age boys playing a game, even when I was teen myself. Now, I certainly won't invest my money in teen-age boys playing a game. I live 10 hours away from Pittsburgh and it would be a minimum of 3 days to go to a game, requiring a major investment of time and money. Besides that, I would miss watching all of the other entertaining games on TV. Furthermore, I certainly won't invest my money in any NIL endeavor.

The other thing I would miss is my church. Unlike some here, I don't worship at the church of football (or any sport). I worship Jesus Christ. I was able to get up this morning and be at church for 2 1/2 hours for Sunday School and worship services. No game comes between me and my worship.

Having said that, I have been a Pitt sports fan for 55 years. I have and always will root for them to win ... with honor. I don't get upset if they lose because I understand the inherent disadvantages being Pitt - from a poor recruiting base to a desire to remain above the scrum of those who will do anything to win.

This guy is honestly the worst poster on this message board. Worse than my stalker, Goldbergfan and all his aliases. What a weird, weird dude.

Sigh……With every post you’re making yourself look worse and worse.

As far as your choices are concerned, I have no problem, especially when it comes to church. But your attitude towards others I do have a problem with.

You don’t want people to sit in judgment of your fandom, but you have no problem sitting in judgment of others fandom??

You’ve been smug and insulting to others (who spend money and go to games) that don’t meet YOUR standard of fandom. Examples:

“Fake fan”
“You have no credibility“
“He isn’t the brightest bulb”
“Clown world” (multiple times)
“You can’t seem to follow the thread”
“I am acting like an adult in correcting children who have gone astray.”
“It’s called acting out, something children do.”
(How smug).

Please look in the mirror…

Reactions: Phillypanther2
I learned a long time ago to not invest my mood in teen-age boys playing a game, even when I was teen myself. Now, I certainly won't invest my money in teen-age boys playing a game.

Seems an odd thing to post on a site dedicated to discussing the very thing, especially with how much time you spend here.

As for travel, some of us travel to multiple away games a year. No reason you couldn't make the trip a few times a year for the school you love so much.

Sigh……With every post you’re making yourself look worse and worse.

As far as your choices are concerned, I have no problem, especially when it comes to church. But your attitude towards others I do have a problem with.

You don’t want people to sit in judgment of your fandom, but you have no problem sitting in judgment of others fandom??

You’ve been smug and insulting to others (who spend money and go to games) that don’t meet YOUR standard of fandom. Examples:

“Fake fan”
“You have no credibility“
“He isn’t the brightest bulb”
“Clown world” (multiple times)
“You can’t seem to follow the thread”
“I am acting like an adult in correcting children who have gone astray.”
“It’s called acting out, something children do.”
(How smug).

Please look in the mirror…
Clown world.

Seems an odd thing to post on a site dedicated to discussing the very thing, especially with how much time you spend here.

As for travel, some of us travel to multiple away games a year. No reason you couldn't make the trip a few times a year for the school you love so much.
It seems most threads here on a lot of days are about Penn State or TV shows or some other meaningless topic that allows the community of fake fans to feel included.

This guy is honestly the worst poster on this message board. Worse than my stalker, Goldbergfan and all his aliases. What a weird, weird dude.
Yep. I don't bow to the throne of teen-age boys playing a game like you do.

I agree with this. I believe he doesn't want offenses to score too much because scoring a lot of points means many short, quick-scoring drives which leaves his defense exposed. He probably has nightmares of the 45-44 wins in the Canada year and probably blames him for his defense getting lit up.
Then what is the excuse for this years team giving up chunks in the running game.

That's a whole lot of words to say that you aren't anything more than a casual fan. A very, very casual fan.

Which is certainly your right. But it's just as certainly an odd thing to brag about and pretend makes you somehow better than people who actually are fans.

That's a whole lot of words to say that you aren't anything more than a casual fan. A very, very casual fan.

Which is certainly your right. But it's just as certainly an odd thing to brag about and pretend makes you somehow better than people who actually are fans.
Casual/fake fans don't care about the school.

I still do,

And yet you are still nothing more than a casual fan.

Go figure.
Correct. But I care about the school's reputation.

I'm not sure why that is so hard for you to understand ... except that you typically have a hard time understanding most things.

Why do you spend so much time on a FOOTBALL message board? Wouldn’t you be better served on a Christian message board?

You just make 53,000 posts on a message board dedicated to them...

52K were on the alt-right board though, to be fair. He mostly just comes around for political talk.

Funny thing is he makes it seem like he values education but he voted for a 1 semester college dropout from literally a fake college to be his US Rep. The guy was almost brain dead stupid, not even talking about political views, just an utter moron. Probable intellectual disability. And this fool voted for him

I'm not sure why that is so hard for you to understand

It's hard to understand because you call yourself a real fan and yet admit that you really aren't much of a fan at all. And those two things are completely different.

But then again it's you, so no one should expect it to make any sense.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT