ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Broyles Award Finalist

Absolutely not….college is for losers looking to be indoctrinated by Liberals, and paying for it. I knew my path as a teenager and after 9/11, I knew I wanted to fight for my Country, so I enlisted in the Marines and was shipped to San Diego instead of college. Honestly, most high school kids would learn infinitely more about life with the Marines core values instilled into them honor, courage, commitment.
Ah, so a fake fan.

I went to Pitt in the 70's, long before liberal indoctrination.

But thank you for your service.

Duzz doesn't take chances. He want coaches that have been around for twenty years and pose no threat to him.

He's the coaching equivalent of Greg Cross on the message board.

He stopped for a cup of coffee, pretended like he made Addison good, and recruiting nobody. Maybe we can send him Che and Copeland to free up some roster spots.

Now that Slovis is benched at BYU, he's all the told you so posters can talk about.

You know Slovis wasn't benched right? He's hurt, their coach came out and said he'll start if healthy

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Ask him. He essentially chased off Canada and Whipple. Easily the 2 best OC’s he hired.
How did he run Canada off? Canada himself, said he made a mistake leaving PITT and burnt some bridges along the way.

So what if he ran Whipple off? Whipple was not very good for 2 out of the 3 years he was here. He was horrible at Nebraska too. If Frost was retained, Whipple's chances of returning were slim to none.

You know Slovis wasn't benched right? He's hurt, their coach came out and said he'll start if healthy

He was supposedly hurt, and the stuff I read last week before the ISU game said he would need to win his job back when healthy. I only looked cuz I wanted to take Iowa State.

If that changed this week then ok. I'm sure the article I read is still out there.

his hatred of even moderately successful offensive coaches...ok, I'll bite, why would he hate these guys? Who the hell would hate someone that helps you win? Kind of an absurd point in that it makes no sense whatsoever...
I think an accurate way of phrasing his criticism is that Narduzzi is stubborn and not receptive to offensive philosophies that go against what he prefers.

Those offenses happen to be the most successful ones we’ve had under his tenure, and the stubbornness led to him having poor endings with both coaches plus Marion (at least from what we’ve seen publicly and what we’ve seen internally speculated).

It’s not that he has a hatred of even moderately successful coaches, but he’d 100% prefer we win by playing “his” style of offense. Ultimately, the inability to adapt and embrace what works, regardless of style, has played a role in the program tanking.

He was already here and part of a historic offense. And there was always the chance Addison would have stayed
Yeah, that’s why I was in favor of keeping Marion at the time. If you’re successful, I have no problems with promoting from within, especially if it can keep the same core intact.

What were the issues with Canada's scheme and play calling? where are you getting that info?
I haven’t seen quotes regarding the scheme itself, but I was referring to Narduzzi’s leaked video in 2019 where he says that Canada “wasn’t even that good” and “wasn’t even worth a million (dollars).”

Maybe that’s less of a scheme issue and more of a personal grudge, but it didn’t seem like they left off on good terms, regardless of what public statements were issued. The way I perceived it, it was his stubbornness believing Canada shouldn’t take the LSU job.

Reactions: 303vND
How did he run Canada off? Canada himself, said he made a mistake leaving PITT and burnt some bridges along the way.

So what if he ran Whipple off? Whipple was not very good for 2 out of the 3 years he was here. He was horrible at Nebraska too. If Frost was retained, Whipple's chances of returning were slim to none.
Maybe ran him off wasn’t accurate. But after Canada left and Narduzzi was at that coaching clinic and told the audience that “Canada wasn’t that good.” If that’s how he felt publicly, how did he feel privately? Unless those comments were made in jest, because Narduzzi wants to be the perpetual jilted lover.

Maybe ran him off wasn’t accurate. But after Canada left and Narduzzi was at that coaching clinic and told the audience that “Canada wasn’t that good.” If that’s how he felt publicly, how did he feel privately? Unless those comments were made in jest, because Narduzzi wants to be the perpetual jilted lover.
He made those comments because he lost his girlfriend. Everyone does it, they just don't always do it publicly.

I think an accurate way of phrasing his criticism is that Narduzzi is stubborn and not receptive to offensive philosophies that go against what he prefers.

Those offenses happen to be the most successful ones we’ve had under his tenure, and the stubbornness led to him having poor endings with both coaches plus Marion (at least from what we’ve seen publicly and what we’ve seen internally speculated).

It’s not that he has a hatred of even moderately successful coaches, but he’d 100% prefer we win by playing “his” style of offense. Ultimately, the inability to adapt and embrace what works, regardless of style, has played a role in the program tanking.
Where did this myth that he and Canada had a poor relationship begin? It is a yet another Pantherlair myth.

Where did this myth that he and Canada had a poor relationship begin? It is a yet another Pantherlair myth.
Respectively, I never said he had a poor relationship with Canada. I said they had a poor ending as evident by the leaked comments made by Narduzzi in 2020.

I don’t know what was said behind the scenes or if they made up, but there was at least some friction between the two dating back to when Canada left for LSU.

I think the myth stems from the (alleged) fact that Pitt matched whatever LSU offered and he still left, so there must have been some other tension in the relationship leading him to leave if the money was the same. Just like we (allegedly) matched whatever USC was offering Addison.

I think the myth stems from the (alleged) fact that Pitt matched whatever LSU offered and he still left, so there must have been some other tension in the relationship leading him to leave if the money was the same. Just like we (allegedly) matched whatever USC was offering Addison.
Pitt didn't match LSU's offer. Pitt offered $1 million and LSU offered more, I vaguely remember $1.5 million but I could be off. Narduzzi wanted Canada to stay. Canada went for a more high-profile job and more money. His departure had nothing to do with their having a bad relationship. Since then, Narduzzi has made clear his displeasure with Canada's leaving. Narduzzi has repeatedly said he places high value on loyalty, which is one reason that the UNLV coach was never going to be hired.

Pitt didn't match LSU's offer. Pitt offered $1 million and LSU offered more, I vaguely remember $1.5 million but I could be off. Narduzzi wanted Canada to stay. Canada went for a more high-profile job and more money. His departure had nothing to do with their having a bad relationship. Since then, Narduzzi has made clear his displeasure with Canada's leaving. Narduzzi has repeatedly said he places high value on loyalty, which is one reason that the UNLV coach was never going to be hired.
Narduzzi doesn’t believe in loyalty, and if he does, he’s an idiot. He masquerades loyality to cover up what he really is, stubborn.

Just like I doubt we actually matched USC's offer for Addison, regardless of what was reported.

Reactions: FireballZ
OK, fake fan. Your post shows that you have no clue.

Just because he chose to serve in the Marines instead of going to college, doesn't make him a fake fan. Pitt desperately needs more non-alum fans. You, yourself, feel that only the elites should go to college and most everyone should go to a trade school, military, or get a job after HS so what happens to our fanbase when Pitt only has engineering and medical students as you wish?

OK, fake fan. Your post shows that you have no clue.
Lol…sorry I didn’t go to Pitt 100 years ago like you. I’d argue that as a hero who fought terrorists in Fallujah, it’s gives me the right to be a fan of whoever the hell I want. And if Pitt wanted only Pitt grads to be fans, this message board would be a ghost town with you talking to yourself, bragging about your worthless degrees you got 50 years ago.

Lol…sorry I didn’t go to Pitt 100 years ago like you. I’d argue that as a hero who fought terrorists in Fallujah, it’s gives me the right to be a fan of whoever the hell I want. And if Pitt wanted only Pitt grads to be fans, this message board would be a ghost town with you talking to yourself, bragging about your worthless degrees you got 50 years ago.
Thank you for your service. It takes courage to sign the papers that says you are willing to give your life for your country. It becomes very real when you realise that the dental records and DNA swab is to identify your remains. Not sure how many understand how hard that is. It isn't a stupid game played with a ball. It's a dangerous endeavour.

Thank you for your service. It takes courage to sign the papers that says you are willing to give your life for your country. It becomes very real when you realise that the dental records and DNA swab is to identify your remains. Not sure how many understand how hard that is. It isn't a stupid game played with a ball. It's a dangerous endeavour.
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. I enlisted because my Grandparents were Polish immigrants who were fleeing the terror of Hitler and Nazi Germany. After 9/11, I saw the horror and pain and knew I had to do something. There were many nights I laid there on base and wondered if I’d make it through the next day, we all did.

Good point. I have many friends that are Pitt fans that didn't go to Pitt. They couldn't afford to go to Pitt. They went to IUP, Edinboro, Slippery Rock. Some were like you, went into the military and stayed for 20 plus years and are die-hards. All are welcomed in my book (including your opinion).

BTW... Some of Pitt's biggest donor's, never went to Pitt. Some never went to college. Here is one of them:

Last edited:
Just because he chose to serve in the Marines instead of going to college, doesn't make him a fake fan. Pitt desperately needs more non-alum fans. You, yourself, feel that only the elites should go to college and most everyone should go to a trade school, military, or get a job after HS so what happens to our fanbase when Pitt only has engineering and medical students as you wish?
I have never said that. Why do you make stuff up?

People with no ties to the school are fake fans.

I have never bragged about my degrees. You could argue all you want. People without ties to the school are fake fans. I say that because you have no interest beyond the win-loss record. Real fans of a college team want winning within the values of the school.

I have never bragged about my degrees. You could argue all you want. People without ties to the school are fake fans. I say that because you have no interest beyond the win-loss record. Real fans of a college team want winning within the values of the school.
I’m just not a fake fan. I love Pitt, and I always have. Just because I didn’t go here, doesn’t mean I’m any less of a fan.

I know a couple of those “fake fans” who donate and go to games as well. A few of them are some of best people I know and have more integrity in their pinky than this whole board combined. You couldn’t be more wrong.

I have never said that. Why do you make stuff up?

People with no ties to the school are fake fans.
That second statement is truly one of the dumbest and most ignorant things posted on this board. Ever.

I’ve been a Pitt fan since I can remember (mid 70s). I have no ties to the school. Who the eff are you to determine who’s a fan? Get bent you buffoon.

I know a couple of those “fake fans” who donate and go to games as well. A few of them are some of best people I know and have more integrity in their pinky than this whole board combined. You couldn’t be more wrong.
If they donate to the school, I'll concede their fandom. If they just give to sports, they aren't Pitt fans.

That second statement is truly one of the dumbest and most ignorant things posted on this board. Ever.

I’ve been a Pitt fan since I can remember (mid 70s). I have no ties to the school. Who the eff are you to determine who’s a fan? Get bent you buffoon.
Pushed your button, huh?

I'm entitled to have my own definition.

Well his offense just set school records in scoring and rushing TDs in a season.
They will now be the host for the conference championship game and have won more games than the last 3 seasons combined.

Reactions: USN_Panther
You guys just don't understand. People who go to the games and donate money aren't real fans. The real fans are the guys who sit on their ass at home, don't donate any money, but bitch on message boards.

If we had more real fans like that and fewer of those fake fans we'd be so much better off.

Playing D2 football with IUP.

Congrats, this is the winner for all-time stupidest post in the history of the Pantherlair, which is really saying something given some of the things we have seen over the years.

I'll take the fake fans over you any day; they actually go to games rather than alumni like you who sits home on the couch. And I know more fake fans who give to Alliance412 than alumni. And I even had some PSU friends who went to the game Thursday night since they are fans of college football and were happy to see Pitt win. I'd consider them better fans than you. What was your excuse Thursday?

EDIT: you sound like a PSU fan with the grand experiment winning within the values of the school. Total BS. I want wins, not eagle scouts. And I have two degrees from Pitt to back that statement up

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT