ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin is a Jack Ass- even Blacklege seemed annoyed

#99HUGHgreen

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2013
Could tell Blackedge was embarrassed that a coach representing his university would be so petty as to challenge the call on the strip by Weaver at the end of the game... especially because PSU was up so much.

You could tell he was even annoyed that he allowed the back up QB to throw the deep ball for TD Just prior to the strip.

Good for Blackledge- he is a class act.

Please. Just, please.

If you can't stop it, you deserve the humiliation.

This is supposed to be the big leagues.

Horrible performance, 100% on Pitt. F grades for everyone, except Ollison, maybe.

They need to be in a rage over it, from the coaches on, and take it out on the next team. Not whining.

Could tell Blackedge was embarrassed that a coach representing his university would be so petty as to challenge the call on the strip by Weaver at the end of the game... especially because PSU was up so much.

You could tell he was even annoyed that he allowed the back up QB to throw the deep ball for TD Just prior to the strip.

What would Nic Saban do?

It's not personal it is business.

Reactions: Hardslider21

So many of the posters on here plus many national pundits were saying Pitt was going to win the game, then get mad that Franklin is running up the score. Can’t have it both ways. Penn State is trying to overcome a poor showing against App State which hurt their image badly. How is that a bad thing?

What would Nic Saban do?

It's not personal it is business.

Don’t think Nick Saban would challenge that close to the end of a blowout... no I think it was just a coach trying to be a dick and rub it in PN’s face.

I don’t have any issue with him continuing to score on Pitt, but that challenge with less than two minutes just proves he is an ass. Blackledge basically called him one with out saying the words- and that is the coach of his Alma mater.

Reactions: Pittx9 and CCvNYC
So many of the posters on here plus many national pundits were saying Pitt was going to win the game, then get mad that Franklin is running up the score. Can’t have it both ways. Penn State is trying to overcome a poor showing against App State which hurt their image badly. How is that a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing. It's a football thing. It's not the opponent's duty to lay off. It's Pitt's duty to stop them. I'd want Pitt to do the same to them. This isn't a FBS playing FCS team. These are teams that are supposed to be somewhat on the same level. Don't like getting your teeth kicked in, do something about it on the field.

If there are any Pitt players, or God forbid coaches, mad at Penn State for being "mean", and not mad at themselves tonight, they should quit so that real football people can be found to take over their jobs.

Please. Just, please.

Horrible performance, 100% on Pitt. F grades for everyone, except Ollison, maybe.

They need to be in a rage over it, from the coaches on, and take it out on the next team. Not whining.
Agreed. It was downright embarrassing.

Gee, I wonder who had that influence on him, in addition to his parents.
and yes, I agree the deep pass again nd challenge should not have happened.

You call Franklin a Jack Ass...did you happen to read any of your coaches commment during week that took shots at PSU players, accuse the refs of letting the PSU lineman running down field and allowing their receivers to “push off” ? Oh .. and how he was going to grow a big party in the Pitt locker room after the game? Don’t keep your starters in against our 3 rd string qb and then bitch about him running our regular offense. Just man up and stop him from executing the pass play.

You call Franklin a Jack Ass...did you happen to read any of your coaches commment during week that took shots at PSU players, accuse the refs of letting the PSU lineman running down field and allowing their receivers to “push off” ? Oh .. and how he was going to grow a big party in the Pitt locker room after the game? Don’t keep your starters in against our 3 rd string qb and then bitch about him running our regular offense. Just man up and stop him from executing the pass play.

Only because he is a jackass..

Don’t think Nick Saban would challenge that close to the end of a blowout... no I think it was just a coach trying to be a dick and rub it in PN’s face.

I don’t have any issue with him continuing to score on Pitt, but that challenge with less than two minutes just proves he is an ass. Blackledge basically called him one with out saying the words- and that is the coach of his Alma mater.

Franklin and Sabin should not be in the same sentence.

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen

Franklin is an @ss but good for him. This is football. I would have wanted Narduzzi to do the same thing

I felt the same, but if the situations were reversed and Narduzzi did that we would all be saying how awesome it was.

Completely agree. Those kind of calls are only acceptable in rivalry games. Hence, can't say much here.

Screw the "school of touch & cover"

H2P

Please. Just, please.

This. I had some jag off Penn State fan being completely obnoxious next to me, and honestly I couldn't even be mad at him. They deserve everything they got yesterday.

Reactions: paulbl99
It's not a bad thing. It's a football thing. It's not the opponent's duty to lay off. It's Pitt's duty to stop them. I'd want Pitt to do the same to them. This isn't a FBS playing FCS team. These are teams that are supposed to be somewhat on the same level. Don't like getting your teeth kicked in, do something about it on the field.

If there are any Pitt players, or God forbid coaches, mad at Penn State for being "mean", and not mad at themselves tonight, they should quit so that real football people can be found to take over their jobs.

Agreed. And Franklin was trying to rub it Pitt's and Narduzzi's noses in it and is his right. But keeping McSorley in there.....I think Pitt should have went for the kill and cheap shotted him and knocked him out for the season.

Works both ways.

So what the Jack Ass won the game.
Not only did the Jack Ass win but he kicked PITT and Narduzzi all over the field at will!
He might be a Jack Ass, Jack Asses don't care if you call the Jack Asses, he won and he's doing his victory Jack Ass dance all day today!
Any PITT fan who feels better because they think Franklin is a Jack Ass is a Jack Ass!

I felt the same, but if the situations were reversed and Narduzzi did that we would all be saying how awesome it was.

Yeah really, no one above the age of 10 would applaud that behavior. He embarrassed their fans quite a lot. My friend here is a psu grad and basically kept apologizing today.

Not sure why he did it, even the last minute he could have sat on the ball but he ran it and led to the fumble, which showcased his stupidity, as did almost getting Mcsorelys head taken off still throwing the ball up 37-6 just to pad stats.

This guy is such a huge fake. Total asshole. I am sure all the things he did with the Vanderbilt rape is true after witnessing last night. He is unhinged.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Please. Just, please.

Agree. Stop them, lay out the QB or layout a WR.

Franklin sent his own message with his actions. Do something about it next year on the field. Talk is cheap.

Duzz runs his mouth all week like an idiot, even calls out an opposing player by name

And then Franklin wants payback (running up the score), like any competitive person would, and he’s the ass?

Lol

Only on this board
Is running up the score succeeding with honor? Can't have it both ways. If you guys would just own being assholes, I could at least respect you, but pretending to be holier than thou, while doing the same things that the SEC schools do, is just hypocritical.

At the end of the day, it is Pitts job to stop PSU. not PSUs job to stop itself.

However, there is usually some civility in CFB to avoid these types of embarrassmenst. Clearly, the respect necessary for such civility is lacking here, which is why our series will not be renewed.

Any PITT fan who feels better because they think Franklin is a Jack Ass is a Jack Ass!

What if an individual doesn’t feel better because he called him a Jack Ass but just thinks it needs to be pointed out that any coach who drags out a blowout and unnecessarily wastes everyone’s time by throwing a challenge flag - something that was created to be used when a call could mean the difference in who wins the game (which was so clearly not the case in this situation)- is a Jack Ass?

If Franklin wants to stick it to Narduzzi and run up the score... that’s fine. Narduzzi would probably do the same, if he were in Franklin’s shoes. Though, I don’t think Narduzzi would have thrown the flag to challenge at the end of that game had the script been flipped. If he did, I would definitely considered him a Jack Ass for doing so.

Not winning the challenge just made Franklin look like an even bigger jack ass.

It’s not a shot at PSU, it’s an observation about a guy (who just happens to have been the Penn State coach) acting like a Jack Ass specifically for wasting everyone’s time when the opponent had zero chance of making the game remotely close.

It was so obviously a Jack Ass move that even a former Penn State star player (Blackledge) called him out for it on TV, because he too was annoyed.

Not only did the Jack Ass win but he kicked PITT and Narduzzi all over the field at will!
He might be a Jack Ass, Jack Asses don't care if you call the Jack Asses, he won and he's doing his victory Jack Ass dance all day today!
Jack Ass and big mouth Frankie is building a NC caliber team and sent Pitt that message Saturday night....sealed with a kiss to Duzz lol.

What if an individual doesn’t feel better because he called him a Jack Ass but just thinks it needs to be pointed out that any coach who drags out a blowout and unnecessarily wastes everyone’s time by throwing a challenge flag - something that was created to be used when a call could mean the difference in who wins the game (which was so clearly not the case in this situation)- is a Jack Ass?

If Franklin wants to stick it to Narduzzi and run up the score... that’s fine. Narduzzi would probably do the same, if he were in Franklin’s shoes. Though, I don’t think Narduzzi would have thrown the flag to challenge at the end of that game had the script been flipped. If he did, I would definitely considered him a Jack Ass for doing so.

Not winning the challenge just made Franklin look like an even bigger jack ass.

It’s not a shot at PSU, it’s an observation about a guy (who just happens to have been the Penn State coach) acting like a Jack Ass specifically for wasting everyone’s time when the opponent had zero chance of making the game remotely close.

It was so obviously a Jack Ass move that even a former Penn State star player (Blackledge) called him out for it on TV, because he too was annoyed.

Franklin is definately a JackAss, an obnoxious loudmouth, maybe even a world class JackAss. He knows this, his players know this, and like it.

The local paper in the Lehigh Valley had an article detailing the Nitter blow out of PITT in which Nitter players mentioned PITT has been in their head due to the back and forth of the head coaches. The players wanted this to be a run away blow-out!

But the JackAss won and we lost!

Franklin likes the cocky obnoxious jackass label and could care less what people call him.

He intended to stick it to Narduzzi.
They blew PITT out and if he could have made it 100-6 he would have.

Franklin could care less what Blackledge or anyone else thinks of him except his players.

His players love him for what he did!

They're all doing the Nitter Happy Dance and will for one more year until game #4.

Narduzzi should Shut Up and Coach Football.
Improve his team, beat the Nitters next year, and he can be the obnoxious loudmouth JackAss who we can all cheer for. Maybe he'll run up the score against the Nitters next year! Hope so!

This thread made me think of the PITT fans who feel better after a loss when they say the officials screwed PITT.

Just a feel good thing for the fans who hate to deal with reality!

Last edited:
Is running up the score succeeding with honor? Can't have it both ways. If you guys would just own being assholes, I could at least respect you, but pretending to be holier than thou, while doing the same things that the SEC schools do, is just hypocritical.
Are there really PSU fans still claiming success with honor? I sure hope not.

Personally, I wouldn’t. I would call Narduzzi a Jack Ass too if he did it. Anyone who does that - especially the challenge at the end is a genuine Jack ass.

I don't claim to know Franklin's motivation for the challenge. But if it was to give the young kid Slade confidence I totally agree with the challenge. It's always good for a coach to stick up for a kid. Two years ago, Sanders had some trouble hanging onto the ball and that tag stuck with him for awhile. There is often more to something than the fans see. I'm sure they have big plans for Slade this year as a freshman and don't wan't his confidence destroyed. I would hope HCPD would do the same for one of his young players. If it was just to run the score then I don't think too much of that. But the fact of the matter is that if your telling your kids, even the 2nd team kids to play to the final gun, then you better model that as a leader and not give a rip what anyone else thinks, especially a commentator, fans, or internet jockeys.

Please. Just, please.

The TD passes were bad in my view. But blowing up because you lose a fumble with a minute left and challenging the call was over the top. Because it was obvious he was pissed at losing the chance at scoring again.

Reactions: Chaos
A PSU fan telling someone to man up, after two decades of Pedophilia in the football program, coaches looking the other way, and another five years of cover-up and the President of this fine institute and his henchmen using every legal wrangling to avoid the truth coming out, haha man up.

Sandusky was man up going into the showers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT