ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin is a Jack Ass- even Blacklege seemed annoyed

Are there really PSU fans still claiming success with honor? I sure hope not.

Yes most of our neighbors, friends, others in the Lehigh Valley!

They could care less about honor.
All they care about is success and the Nitters and Franklin wiping the floor with PITT and Narduzzi!

The Nitter celebration continues!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: Pittcrafton
Please. Just, please.

If you can't stop it, you deserve the humiliation.

This is supposed to be the big leagues.

Horrible performance, 100% on Pitt. F grades for everyone, except Ollison, maybe.

They need to be in a rage over it, from the coaches on, and take it out on the next team. Not whining.

This!

I had absolutely no problem with the way Franklin coached. Any time you want the opposing coach not to try and score, you are pathetically asking for mercy... It's your team's job to stop the opponent from scoring. That's a life lesson.

Talk less and perform better...

Displaced aggression/anger is aggressive/angry behavior that cannot be expressed to the actual source that provoked the behavior; instead the anger is taken out on the easiest victim.

Displaced aggression/anger is aggressive/angry behavior that cannot be expressed to the actual source that provoked the behavior; instead the anger is taken out on the easiest victim.
stooges.jpg

You get this is college towns with absolutely nothing else around it. It is all there is to do... church and football. It is basically religion for them, and you cant have a rational discussion with them.

It's difficult to have rational discussions with any college football fan.
The only difference is more people care in the areas you are talking about. So there are more irrational people to encounter. But as a % of fans, I don't think the irrationality is any higher.

1) Franklin is a jackass.
2) Franklin is a good, college football coach.
3) PS has and will always win in football because they are willing to do whatever it takes to win.

It is what it is. Focus on Pitt.

It's difficult to have rational discussions with any college football fan.
The only difference is more people care in the areas you are talking about. So there are more irrational people to encounter. But as a % of fans, I don't think the irrationality is any higher.
I don't think it gets anymore irrational than saying your defense was "very good" when they gave up 51 points. You certainly wouldn't hear that in Tuscaloosa, Athens, Knoxville, Auburn, Starkville, etc.

I don't think it gets anymore irrational than saying your defense was "very good" when they gave up 51 points. You certainly wouldn't hear that in Tuscaloosa, Athens, Knoxville, Auburn, Starkville, etc.

Or Lawrence, Kansas for that matter.

A PSU fan telling someone to man up, after two decades of Pedophilia in the football program, coaches looking the other way, and another five years of cover-up and the President of this fine institute and his henchmen using every legal wrangling to avoid the truth coming out, haha man up.
Here we go bringing up the rape stuff. Ohio State doesn't bring it up anymore, Michigan doesn't bring it up anymore, Wisco doesn't bring it up anymore, hell the media doesn't bring it up anymore. There's only 2 fanbases that bring it up anymore.. Pitt and Rutgers. They bring it up because their football programs suck and will never be close to beating PSU in at least the next 10 years. This is literally the only little dig they can throw at PSU because PSU's football program is so much more superior to their's. That is reason 1 that he challenged that play. Number 2 is because Nardouchie negatively recruits PSU (to no avail) and that pisses Franklin off to no end. Number 3 is calling players like Lamont Wade out and embarrassing them in the media. Your coach is as big of a scumbag as they come and deserved all of that. Franklin would have put 100 points up on Pitt if he could have. And if there was another quarter left, Franklin would have kept letting our 3 string qb throw touchdowns against your 1st string D.

Here we go bringing up the rape stuff. Ohio State doesn't bring it up anymore, Michigan doesn't bring it up anymore, Wisco doesn't bring it up anymore, hell the media doesn't bring it up anymore. There's only 2 fanbases that bring it up anymore.. Pitt and Rutgers. They bring it up because their football programs suck and will never be close to beating PSU in at least the next 10 years. This is literally the only little dig they can throw at PSU because PSU's football program is so much more superior to their's. That is reason 1 that he challenged that play. Number 2 is because Nardouchie negatively recruits PSU (to no avail) and that pisses Franklin off to no end. Number 3 is calling players like Lamont Wade out and embarrassing them in the media. Your coach is as big of a scumbag as they come and deserved all of that. Franklin would have put 100 points up on Pitt if he could have. And if there was another quarter left, Franklin would have kept letting our 3 string qb throw touchdowns against your 1st string D.
Don't know about all off that but a coach has to cover his players ass and that was the kids second fumble. I would have done the same thing.

Honest question? You don't think Franklin and Terry Smith negatively recruit against Narduzzi and Pitt???

Reactions: Chaos
Honest question? You don't think Franklin and Terry Smith negatively recruit against Narduzzi and Pitt???
I am sure they bring up attentance, lack of winning, and lack of overall interest in the program. They just hammered us on national TV, and the other things are all around the kids that live in the area or attend one of our games. The rumor was Haywood was going to hire Terry Smith. One of our numerous head coaches should have hired him before he went to PS.

I remember when Adam Telaferro got hurt. I think that jackass coach at OSU, Cooper, was running up the score late in the 4th quarter.

Everyone negative recruits to an extent. Its part of recruiting. Everyone talks about how attendance lacks no energy depth chart talent etc etc. BUT bringing up the rape case is about as low as it goes. Why does it need to be brought up? Was James Franklin or his staff here when it happened...nope. Were any of the players here when it happened...nope. Was the current president or AD there when it happened...nope. Did the fan base have any part of it...nope. So why is that relevant to recruiting ? Because in my eyes it isn't relevant whatsoever.

Reactions: odshowtime
Franklin would have kept letting our 3 string qb throw touchdowns against your 1st string D.

Well, first off, it wasnt our first string, as shown on another thread. There was one starter on the field. Secondly, McSorely was first string, he threw 8 passes in the 4th quarter up 30 points. The third stringer came in with a minute left and threw against our 2nd, 3rd teamers when they were expecting a kneel down or running out the clock. It is easy to throw there, total crap play from a disgusting person.

Reactions: Chaos
Franklin would have put 100 points up on Pitt if he could have.

I suppose that your point is now that the years of "Success with Honor" and "The Grand Experiment" was exposed (to no surprise for many locals) as the Grand Fraud, and the entire place is an embarrassment to the State and College football, there is no sense in feigning class and dignity.

Reactions: ValentinoRossi
There's only 2 fanbases that bring it up anymore.. Pitt and Rutgers. They bring it up because their football programs suck and will never be close to beating PSU in at least the next 10 years.
Personally I don’t condone bringing it up and I can’t control the masses - both fan bases will have their crazies. But you don’t think part of it too is because of how obnoxious your fan base is, particularly with all the alums around Pittsburgh? Or does it just always have to be about football?

Reactions: Parkview57
Guess is here , Todd was texting every player from State U he ever met and laughing his arse off at the late beat down put on Duzz by Frankie....

But for appearance, he had to keep up the holier than thou BS which permeates the program and many fans of State.

Well, first off, it wasnt our first string, as shown on another thread. There was one starter on the field. Secondly, McSorely was first string, he threw 8 passes in the 4th quarter up 30 points. The third stringer came in with a minute left and threw against our 2nd, 3rd teamers when they were expecting a kneel down or running out the clock. It is easy to throw there, total crap play from a disgusting person.
There was over 4 minutes left, not a minute.

Don't know about all off that but a coach has to cover his players ass and that was the kids second fumble. I would have done the same thing.

Going back to the Rose Bowl, PSU has lost three games. In each of those games, PSU had a double digit lead and couldn't hold on. Then they started the season giving up 28 points to App. State in the fourth QTR. I think Franklin stressed playing hard for all four quarters. To show that he means business, I think he wanted to show his team that he was going to coach for all four quarters.

And yes, he wanted to let his 5* true freshman RB know he had his back.

Going back to the Rose Bowl, PSU has lost three games. In each of those games, PSU had a double digit lead and couldn't hold on. Then they started the season giving up 28 points to App. State in the fourth QTR. I think Franklin stressed playing hard for all four quarters. To show that he means business, I think he wanted to show his team that he was going to coach for all four quarters.

And yes, he wanted to let his 5* true freshman RB know he had his back.
Well, the instead of being a jackass he's just an idiot? Because any idiot knows NO football team can score 40+ points in a minute. And his own team is already making fun of him behind his back for it. But that's NOT the case and everyone knows it.

The funny part about this thread is everyone runs up the score if they can. It doesn't matter if it's Penn State, Ohio State, or Pitt. Last year Pitt beat Rice 42-10. Max Browne was still in the game up 35-10 with 4 minutes to play and threw a touchdown pass to get it to 42-10. He did pull Browne after that and put in DiNucci who proceeds to throw twice on his drive. Sounds an awful lot like what happened on Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT